• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Western April 28, 2012

Total DIS newbie here, but my family and I are joining you on this cruise. Me Aubrey, DH Josh, DD Ashli (9) and DS David (6). We live in Bellingham, WA 30 minutes South of the Candian border and 2 hrs North of Seattle. This is our 3rd Disney cruise...hubby and I honeymooned on the Magic in Aug of 2000 and then we were just on the Wonder this March with the whole fam.

Hi Aubrey! We are neighbors! I am happy to see another Washingtonian on our cruise! we just did our first cruise on the dream earlier this month & we are hooked. The Seattle sailings to alaska are tempting because the airfare is so expensive these days. But one day at Castaway Cay is worth a week of vacation when you have survived as many WA winters as we have!;)

Hey all, we booked in April while sailing on the Magic. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we are so excited to go on the Fantasy. We did the FE for the first time in April and loved it and would love to participate. Its me my husband and we have a 3 yr old daughter and a 1 year old son.
Also, this is really far off but our last cruise someone created a group facebook page and it was so much easier to communicate that way about the FE, just an idea! Look forward too meeting you all:)

Hey all, we booked in April while sailing on the Magic. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we are so excited to go on the Fantasy. We did the FE for the first time in April and loved it and would love to participate. Its me my husband and we have a 3 yr old daughter and a 1 year old son.
Also, this is really far off but our last cruise someone created a group facebook page and it was so much easier to communicate that way about the FE, just an idea! Look forward too meeting you all:)

Is anyone else interested in using Facebook for future FE adventures? can we use the 'Fabulous Fantasy Fiesta' name?

Hi Aubrey! We are neighbors! I am happy to see another Washingtonian on our cruise! we just did our first cruise on the dream earlier this month & we are hooked. The Seattle sailings to alaska are tempting because the airfare is so expensive these days. But one day at Castaway Cay is worth a week of vacation when you have survived as many WA winters as we have!;)

Where in WA are you????? I love meeting other Washingtonians!! Our last cruise there was another family from Bellingham, but we never found them (didn't try that hard, but still). Airfare is going to be bad, but I miss Castaway Cay so much and I can't wait for our kids to see it!!!!!! There is NO part of me that wants to see Alaska LOL!!! I think we are already so spoiled by the beauty and wildlife here, that I'm good....plus, when we go on vacation I'm looking for warmth!!!!!

Hey all, we booked in April while sailing on the Magic. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we are so excited to go on the Fantasy.

Just noticed you were from Sanford - just down the road! :wave:

Although I'm not into the FE stuff, I'm sure you all could start a Facebook page for it.

Where in WA are you????? I love meeting other Washingtonians!! Our last cruise there was another family from Bellingham, but we never found them (didn't try that hard, but still). Airfare is going to be bad, but I miss Castaway Cay so much and I can't wait for our kids to see it!!!!!! There is NO part of me that wants to see Alaska LOL!!! I think we are already so spoiled by the beauty and wildlife here, that I'm good....plus, when we go on vacation I'm looking for warmth!!!!!

I am with you 100% with the vacation strategy. Unfortunately we had to change the dates of our cruise. My mother is a teacher and she will not be able to take the time off during the school year next year. We have pushed our cruise back to the end of June.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I can't wait to read your trip reports on the Fantasy so I can get ready. Have a great time!

Sorry you have to leave us, Chasingthedream! Enjoy your cruise :lovestruc

Blessings - Lin

Started the paperwork today to adopt my little girl who hopefully will be here in time to sail with us on this cruise!

Her name is Shellie May (Sherimei) and she's from Japan.

Shari's Duffy will be very happy! (yes, for those who hadn't figured it out yet - Shellie May is a Disney Bear and Duffy's "friend")

Ahhh, so cute! I didn't know Duffy had a girlfriend ;-) Pictures? I love my Duffy, got him at the end of my vacation in February, so he hasn't been anywhere exciting yet!

We'll have to have a Duffy and friends party on our cruise :cool1:

Lin

I think Shellie May would like the atmosphere in Ooh La La! She could wear something frilly! :rotfl2:

Perfect, as I don't think I could tempt DH into Ooh-la-la! I'll have to get a tux outfit for Duffy ;)

I did look up Shellie May online, she's so cute!! Look like you have to order her from Japan? Or is she on sale in the US?

Lin

Here's is a photo of Duffy & Shellie May

Duffy & Shellie May.jpg

Right now, one can't get a Shellie May from the US. Except Ebay at ridiculously high prices. I did find a forum where a person in Japan goes shopping every couple of months. Still a bit pricey because of shipping charges but at least not like eBay sellers.

And want to see some INCREDIBLE outfits? Not sure if I can put the name here or not - I'll see: Yahoo!Japan. There are sellers on there that are ARTISTS when it comes to making outfits. Again, very difficult to purchase as most will not ship to the US. Must use a service - which results in high fees. I might consider it for a Formal Night outfit as the outfits are just so well designed!

Otherwise my Shellie May will need to shop at Build A Bear :rotfl:

Oh, she'd fit right in at Ooh La La! How about in THIS?:

shellie-frilly.jpg

I'm in trouble...:lmao:

Thanks for the info. What a lovely outfit!!!

Can't wait to meet the new girl in the family :goodvibes

Lin

Well, I hate to say it but we've had to drop out of the cruise :sad:

DH is now part-time and finances are a little tight - unfortunately, it is either gas and groceries or the cruise!!! :headache:

It was great talking with you all, hope you have a wonderful time :love:

Blessings - Lin & Andy

Just checking back in...haven't been on in a while...life has gotten crazy as it tends to do :goodvibes
Glad to see we've gained a few, sad to see we've lost a few.
General question...this cruise is for DH graduation. My kids are homeschooled. The Georgia Home Educators Association has a general homeschool graduation that you are not required to participate in, which is a good thing b/c it's the weekend we'll be getting home. We want to present DH with her diploma on the last night of the cruise (how many kids can say they received their diplomas on a cruise ship? :laughing:)
She is also persuing an appointment to the US Naval Academy. What do you think are the chances that we can get the captain to present her diploma to her???? :confused3

Hi everybody. Booked our first Disney Cruise. Coming aboard with my fella. We don't have a stateroom number yet because I had to change our cruise that was originally planned mid-May for this date. Very excited for this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter