Fantasy Shows

Rominet

Mouseketeer
What does everyone think of the shows? I wasn't impressed.

Sometimes I felt they were a little too... sales gimicky, I guess... for me. Disney was like a car salesman who is trying too hard to sell me a sports car I don't need. Sometimes they were too obvious about trying to rope me in and get me emotional, especially the first night's show and Wishes. Whatever happened to having subtle suggestions and letting the audience have their own personal experience without being spoonfed exactly what we are supposed to think and feel?

So our kids won't have an awesome childhood unless they are raised at Disney? Uh, Disney, you are fun, but trust me my kids would have a loving, fun childhood without Disney and us spending $$$$ to have a Disney experience.

Ok, flame me. What did you think of the shows?

I wasn't paying attention during most of the "planning" portion of the cruise, so I was very disappointed when I finallly realized that Disney Dream isn't shown on the ship.

What does everyone think of the shows? I wasn't impressed.

Sometimes I felt they were a little too... sales gimicky, I guess... for me. Disney was like a car salesman who is trying too hard to sell me a sports car I don't need. Sometimes they were too obvious about trying to rope me in and get me emotional, especially the first night's show and Wishes. Whatever happened to having subtle suggestions and letting the audience have their own personal experience without being spoonfed exactly what we are supposed to think and feel?

So our kids won't have an awesome childhood unless they are raised at Disney? Uh, Disney, you are fun, but trust me my kids would have a loving, fun childhood without Disney and us spending $$$$ to have a Disney experience.

Ok, flame me. What did you think of the shows?

I wasn't paying attention during most of the "planning" portion of the cruise, so I was very disappointed when I finallly realized that Disney Dream isn't shown on the ship.

I wouldn't say they are sales gimiky… but I didn't like Alladin all that much. I remember the movie and it seemed like they tried to hard to match the movie in such a short time. From a "spectacular" standpoint it was, but the story was lacking… I really likes Wishes actually… but i no way did any of them seem "sales gimiky"

OP, I won't flame you but I will respectfully disagree. :flower3:

I enjoyed all of the shows. I thought the acting, singing and dancing were all first-rate. I liked Aladdin the best, but thought they were all very good.

Disney's focus is on family entertainment. IMHO the stage shows are no more sales pitches than is Wishes in MK or any of the other family entertainment where Disney focuses on families sharing moments together.

(Besides, they already had you sold--you dished out big bucks for the cruise! ;) )

Just MHO.

Can you explain how they are a sales pitch? It's been over 10 years since I've been on a Disney Cruise, so I don't have a great memory of the shows. Were they trying to sell products during the shows?? I thought they were just Broadway-like productions of the Disney Classics....

Someone said they are no more sales pitches than Wishes in the Magic Kingdom. I've never thought of Wishes as a sales pitch - it's a fireworks production.

You couldn't have received this "sales pitch" unless you've already bought into the product, either by purchasing tickets to MK or buying a cruise on the Fantasy. Sales pitches are the emotional commercials they play on TV (I won't lie, the kids getting the "We're going to Disney World" surprises brought me to tears... it's a guilty pleasure of mine to watch those commercials on Youtube and bawl my eyes out), telling you to come to WDW.

I have to agree that if you have paid to be on a Disney cruise, you have already bought what they are "selling". I tear up every time I see Wishes or Dreams. We really enjoyed all of the shows on the Fantasy, though only got to see the main three stage shows on the MV. Aladdin was based on the production in California, which we saw in 2008, and we enjoyed the changes to adapt it to the smaller theater -- though missed the flying carpet over the audience. It is a set story and was true to the script and what we expected. Believe was okay, not the worst we have seen on DCL [Toy Story & Villians] but I don't have to see it again if something else came up for us to do next cruise. Wishes is the show that we all enjoyed the most. I think that it has a fresh story with some new songs along with some classics that were woven together nicely. Loved the effects & one of our favorite scenes was Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride. I would never watch a show that featured Stitch but enjoyed the high energy presentation here. I am looking forward to seeing it again!

Another respectful disagreement. Aladdin was good, but not nearly as good as the Disneyland version, although there are significantly more limitations on a cruise ship. We still enjoyed it, though.

Wishes, however, my wife and I both felt this was the best DCL stage production show we've ever seen. I guess we're immune to any perceived Disney sales pitches, because we've already bought in. The show started off a little hokey, but after the first 10 minutes, it was REALLY good. We especially loved the Pinocchio and Tangled dance numbers.

We didn't see Believe (I know, I know), but at least we have a reason to go back now.

Now the last night's show I didn't care for at all.

I have to agree that if you have paid to be on a Disney cruise, you have already bought what they are "selling". I tear up every time I see Wishes or Dreams. We really enjoyed all of the shows on the Fantasy, though only got to see the main three stage shows on the MV. Aladdin was based on the production in California, which we saw in 2008, and we enjoyed the changes to adapt it to the smaller theater -- though missed the flying carpet over the audience. It is a set story and was true to the script and what we expected. Believe was okay, not the worst we have seen on DCL [Toy Story & Villians] but I don't have to see it again if something else came up for us to do next cruise. Wishes is the show that we all enjoyed the most. I think that it has a fresh story with some new songs along with some classics that were woven together nicely. Loved the effects & one of our favorite scenes was Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride. I would never watch a show that featured Stitch but enjoyed the high energy presentation here. I am looking forward to seeing it again!

DCA's Aladdin Musical Spectacular no longer has the wired flying carpet since there was an accident during a couple of shows. Now you just see fog on stage and famous monuments moving about until the carpet pops out of the fog from the stage floor.

I have enjoyed all the DCL stage shows, even Ghost Ship and Cest Magique but Hercules's the Muse-ical was my favorite to date.:thumbsup2

They may have sold THIS cruise, but now they have to convince everyone it was worth the money and ensure there's no buyers' remorse, and hey, why not book another cruise while on board?

On the first night's show, I felt like it tried to hard to convince me I was going to be so much closer to my family by the end, all thanks to Disney. The Wishes show... pulled the "kids grow up" card out of the deck to obviously, so please feel free to spend your money on the ship while you can because they are only oung once.

It's not that I don't think they had good messages, I just feel like they were too obvious about trying to pull on heart strings and sell Disney. Did the focus of the shows really need to be growing up at Disneyland and on Disney Cruise Lines to give the message? Seriously?

I liked Believe better than Wishes and the first night's show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter