Fantasy Servers

Can anyone recommend a good team of female servers on the Fantasy? Our girls are shy around men.

Thanks,

We had Alvin with Mimi from Croatia as the assistant server. They are the best ever! Mimi is a school teacher and she actually brought school work (coloring pages, math fact pages) for my kids to do while waiting every night. I will be requesting them every time.

I had Maureen from Zambia for an assistant and Malcom from India for my server. They were both awesome - I got to see them with the kids at the large table I shared a section with.

Do keep in mind though that teams change (people go on vacation, etc.), so it's better to request one or the other because if they're not teamed anymore, the dining room arrangers won't know which one is your higher priority

We had Eka and she was great with our son (and us). That was in Oct and he still talks about her. We're requesting her again this year.

If your main goal is to have a female serving team because of your girls, why not just request that? Since teams are often reassigned, you might end up requesting some one who is now teamed with another male server.

If your main goal is to have a female serving team because of your girls, why not just request that? Since teams are often reassigned, you might end up requesting some one who is now teamed with another male server.

Good suggestion.

OR you could use this as a chance for them to interact with a man in a safe and with you environment. Unless they are bound for the convent (in which case there is still the priest to deal with), they are going to have to interact with men at some point in their lives. This could be a learning opportunity for them with you there.

Marianne from Belgium. We had her on the Wonder and just ran into her on the Fantasy in December. Super sweet! And she styles her long blonde hair differently every evening, which is something little girls might notice!

Thanks Stitch Girl. The girls are little Diva's and would like that. My little one might even think she's Elsa lol.

What country is Eka from?

While we're talking about Fantasy servers....does anyone know what country Gavin is from? He was our fantastic server in Oct 2013 and I'd like to request him again. He was a slim Black gentleman paired at that time with Christian. My DS7 absolutely loved him!

Thanks Stitch Girl. The girls are little Diva's and would like that. My little one might even think she's Elsa lol.

What country is Eka from?

We had Eka in November and lived her, she is from Indonesia

does anyone know what country Gavin is from?
Gavin was our server in October 2014 on the Fantasy but said he was moving back to the Dream for the 3/4 day cruises. He mentioned that he was from Jamaica and could actually go home on port days to see his girls.

Gavin was our server in October 2014 on the Fantasy but said he was moving back to the Dream for the 3/4 day cruises. He mentioned that he was from Jamaica and could actually go home on port days to see his girls.[/QUOT
Thanks! Darn! We were excited about seeing potentially having him again on 4/25/15 cruise. Doubt we'll ever do the shorter cruises.

We have had horrible servers in the past. We now ask what servers folks recommend and have had very good luck and service. The servers love that they were recommended by others.

We have had horrible servers in the past. We now ask what servers folks recommend and have had very good luck and service. The servers love that they were recommended by others.

Where do you usually ask this? (I asked this in another thread but got no responses.)

I have a dread of being trapped in the MDR for hours due to slow/vanishing servers, so I'd like to know where/or how I can look for server recommendations for the Dream when we get closer to September. Do you tend to just start a new thread?

Create a thread on here. Usually request the two that get the most recommendations. Have had great luck getting one of two. Don't care about our rotation rather have great service. Once we get some names, We have our TA added it to our reservation as request. We are a family of four and always request a table for four as well.

Another option is to eat in Cabania's in the evening. Its open for dinner except the first and last night. You sit down and order off the menu. The servers are training to work in the dining rooms and are very nice. They have less tables to work so you get more attention and are able to talk to them if you like. You can go any time during the available hours.

Last edited:
Where do you usually ask this? (I asked this in another thread but got no responses.)

I have a dread of being trapped in the MDR for hours due to slow/vanishing servers, so I'd like to know where/or how I can look for server recommendations for the Dream when we get closer to September. Do you tend to just start a new thread?

First of all, I think most servers on DCL are really good. Most people who post here seem to be happy with their servers. There are many stories about truly wonderful servers. So many even that I am sometimes afraid that people are getting far too high expectations. So, I think the probability that you end up with bad servers is very low in the first place.

But if something is not like you want it, be proactive about it. Either let your servers know directly. The "magic" world to use is "excellent". Because that is the rating they want to get from you at the end. Let them know what excellent service is for you. If you don't feel like you are getting good service, speak to your head server. He is the one who is responsible that everyone receives excellent service - that is the standard DCL sets for itself. I have seen head servers jump in when servers were not able to cope, I have read stories about people who were assigned new servers. So, there are possibilities. But you need to let DCL know if things don't go the way you are expecting.

Personally, I would not request a server that I did not have personal prior experience with. I don't know why someone else loved their server and what they loved might be annoying to me. So far our experiences have always been adequate and if the service was once a bit slow, we said something after the meal (just a friendly comment about how we prefer our meal to be a little faster paced) and the next day was much better.

Create a thread on here. Usually request the two that get the most recommendations. Have had great luck getting one of two. Don't care about our rotation rather have great service. Once we get some names, We have our TA added it to our reservation as request. We are a family of four and always request a table for four as well.

Another option is to eat in Cabania's in the evening. Its open for dinner except the first and last night. You sit down and order off the menu. The servers are training to work in the dining rooms and are very nice. They have less tables to work so you get more attention and are able to talk to them if you like. You can go any time during the available hours.

Thanks. Cabanas as backup has occurred to me as a possibility, nice to hear it spelled out. (I've just read a lot of trip reports where people talk about being in the MDR for two, two and half hours, not being able to locate servers, no refills, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter