• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy June 8th, 2013. Who's going?

We're going! I just joined this board and put a request into your FB page! It's our second cruise - we went on The Dream in January. Myself - DD13 and DD9
:dance3:

We're going, too!

It'll be me, dh, ds (13), dd (12). This is our third cruise - we love cruising! :thumbsup2

Hi :thumbsup2 Ill also be going with my daughter zoe, she will be seven. I went pretty basic and am in room 5513. This is our second Disney cruise, we did the Magic Last yr. Def interested in the fish exchange!

Hi Jennifer,

I sent you a request to join our Facebook group. How exciting that there are 25 members. I have been MIA for a while, but now that our summer is behind us (we traveled to Aulani :cloud9:) I am ready to start planning our cruise and pre-trip stay.

I have booked POR French Quarter for June 1-8 pre-cruise and I think I have our excursions narrowed down. :cheer2:

Forgot to mention, the group is a closed group, so you may need to add me as a friend first. Please look for Jennifer Nelis Townsend in Streamwood, IL and send me a facebook message.

Hi, my name is Elizabeth. We are currently booked for a cruise in March 2013, but we are needing to move our cruise date to this cruise.

We're needing to hold out a couple more weeks to make it "official".

Anyway, this will be our family's second cruise. Our first was in January 2011 on the Magic, Eastern Carribean Cruise.

It will be myself, DH, DS19, DD15 and her BFF16, DS12, and DS7.

It will be my DD's BFF's first time cruising.

I just requested to join the FB group. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better....And I know my DD and her friend are anxious to connect with other girls around their age.

Elizabeth

I have been back in my house for about 6 hours from my first DCL (NYC to Bahamas). It was truly AMAZING and was the best vacation of my life! Naturally, I am hooked and we booked this cruise while on our cruise and am so happy to have found this board!

Cruising in our party: Myself, DH, Grammy, DD (Olivia Bee, age 5).
Until this first DCL, we have done WDW twice a year...now it may be a park-exclusive visit once a year with a DCL in the mix.

We hope to get a cabana at CC (lucked out and was first on the waiting list this past week after checking religiously once, sometimes twice a day, for two months online). Not sure which excursions we will partake in; however, will throw in some Maya ruins, turtles, snorkeling, and maybe a dolphin ^_^
We will most likely do a day or two at the parks pre-cruise as well.

Looking forward to participating in FE. My DD didn't quite understand when I explained it to her at first; however, she enjoyed helping me distribute and seeing everyone's doors and "mailboxes" on our first night. Then, as the 'mail' started pouring in over the course of the week, it gave new meaning to the mailbox, the cruise, and the vacation!

Keeping the dreams alive until June with a little FAITH, TRUST, + PIXIE DUST!

Btw, noticed a handful of folks from SC....

I now live in NYC; however, grew up in Charleston, SC and went to USC (GO COCKS!), also where I met my husband!

Also, when we got back from our cruise today, apparently we had another fellow South Carolinian as they posted 'GO COCKS' on an index card and pasted it on our windshield wiper (guess they noticed our Alumni stickers ^_^).

Good to see y'all!

For those wishing to sign-up for the FE, please PM your email address so that I can send you a link to the sign-up sheet. Deadline to participate is: May 13, 2013

If you are on the FB group (which is a closed/private group), the link is available under the 'Events' tab.

Closer to the cruise date, I will request for all participants to send me a mobile number to text/contact participants - in the event of any last minute room changes.

FYI: the link I provide will be a closed sheet and only viewable to those with access to the link. Please be sure to clear your history for your privacy if you are on a public computer. :thumbsup2

I still don't 100% understand what goes in to doing a FE. Having never cruised before I am at a loss...

I still don't 100% understand what goes in to doing a FE. Having never cruised before I am at a loss...

FE = Fish Extender
A fish is your personal 'mailbox' outside of your stateroom where any information from DCL is placed in (ie., information on your excursions, daily Personal Navigator (activities on ship), etc.)
A fish extender are extra pockets to be hung on your fish for those participating in the Fish Extenders (you can make them yourself or purchase)...
https://www.google.com/search?q=fis...g&biw=1185&bih=874&sei=2VJHUILFK6nX0QGA_IGoAw

When you sign-up to participate, this means you are willing to distribute gifts to those participating and in return you receive gifts from each room participating as well.
For our FE group, there are no rules - so you pick your theme (if you want one), how much you want to spend, how often you want to give (once, daily, etc.), if you want to give as a room or to individuals (each parent, each child, just parents, just children, etc.).
After participating in my first last week, I had surprises daily from some, one time gifts, as well as gifts for just the adults and/or just my DD. We had themed gifts for our Pirate Night as well as themes just for our cruise (a CD with music containing music from WDW, NYC, and Caribbean tunes). One person made all the children beautiful pillowcases including markers to submit to Guest Services for all the characters to sign. We also received scrapbooks, frames, recipes, first aid kits, nightlights for our room, etc. - all Disney themed. It was a fun addition to an already amazing trip and my DD LOVED waking up or returning back to our room to 'check the mail'.

In the event the list gets too long, sometimes the group is split in half as to not be too overwhelming.
You can make or purchase your gifts - its your call!

Another way to participate is to decorate your stateroom door with magnets
http://blog.suchthespot.com/wp-content/2011/01/FE14.jpg
It also helps you find your room faster in a hall full of doors ^_^

We just got off our first Disney cruise on the Dream (we are still driving home), and we loved it so much that we booked this cruise while onboard! We are the Tomblins and the Farleys. It's myself, DH, DS (will be 6), DD (will be 3), and my parents! We are in cabin 7176 and 7178. Myself and DH will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on June 15! We participated in the FE on this past cruise and my kids loved it, they were amazed to find all the special gifts! We defiantly want to do this again! I look forward to meeting everyone. I am also sending a request for the Facebook page from Cara Tomblin. See everyone soon!

We just booked tonight!! So exciting! This will be our third DCL cruise, but the first one with our daughter!!
We'll be celebrating the One Year Anniversary of her adoption on the cruise! :thumbsup2
It'll be Myself (Christal), My partner (Jen), and our 5 year old daughter, Kiniah! We can't wait!

Oops! Just realized everyone's on FB sent my request! :) :thumbsup2

We just opened an early Christmas present--this cruise! :goodvibes This will be our 2nd cruise. I requested the group on FB & sent a PM about the FE. Can't wait! Now to start planning the custom outfits for us!

Hi Everyone

We just booked this cruise. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise. We did the Eastern Caribbean last summer on the Fantasy and loved it. There are 4 in our family, DH, DD 11 and DD 8!

Can't wait anybody have any info on the ports of call?:goodvibes

melaniesposa said:
Btw, noticed a handful of folks from SC....

I now live in NYC; however, grew up in Charleston, SC and went to USC (GO COCKS!), also where I met my husband!

Also, when we got back from our cruise today, apparently we had another fellow South Carolinian as they posted 'GO COCKS' on an index card and pasted it on our windshield wiper (guess they noticed our Alumni stickers ^_^).

Good to see y'all!

My family is trying to talk me into doing our door all GAMECOCKS. I am a Clemson fan so I am putting up a fight!

Just changed our reservation to June 8th. It will be me, DH and DS (5). We've cruised on the Wonder and Dream and can't wait to see the Fantasy. My brother's family usually joins us but they can't this year. :sad1:

I'll send a request for the FB group later, but I wanted to introduce myself here first.

How formal is formal dining? (yes I asked this on fb too) I need ideas please

It is really up to you and what your family is comfortable with. Tux / formal gown not needed by any means. For guys I have seen a coat with or without tie or just dress shirt with dress slacks and ladies in dresses or dress slacks. Again up to what you want as they set up nice family / couple photo opportunities as well. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter