• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy June 29, 2013 Meet Up!

If you are talking about snorkeling at CC, I believe the bests are available free of charge.

If I am remembering correctly, the vests are more for visual reference for the lifeguards (so they can see you). They are like a bib that you inflate manually by blowing into them. So if you don't want to inflate them, you don't have to. DS had on one of the life vests that they provide to keep him floating and the snorkling vest over the top of it.

I didn't mind wearing it inflated because the swim was quite a ways out to find the hidden treasures and while the vest doesn't necessarily make you float, it does make it easier to float while checking out the underwater items.

Thank you ranidayz and jetskigirl, you saved me some room in my luggage and from a fight with hubby if I tried to pack a ski vest all the way to Castaway Cay!

Wait, there's lifeguards at Castaway Cay? Do they arrive on the ship too or where do they come from?

Thank you ranidayz and jetskigirl, you saved me some room in my luggage and from a fight with hubby if I tried to pack a ski vest all the way to Castaway Cay!

Wait, there's lifeguards at Castaway Cay? Do they arrive on the ship too or where do they come from?

The lifeguards stay on the island. After we leave they get the island ready for the next set of castaways

We're on Virgin America back to SFO.
I want to do a mixology class but I'm such a lightweight one drink would put me under. I was hoping I could share with hubby but I haven't heard of anyone doing that.
We were thinking of bringing our own snorkeling gear but I heard snorkel vests are required, does anyone know if we could use a ski vest or something similar instead?

My DH and I are thinking of the mixology class too and I am also a lightweight. I just don't drink all of each sample. Also eat something before I go.

Ohhh, how did you like Alaska? We have it booked for 2014 and I'm getting really excited about that one. If all works out well, we will be flying into Vancouver, cruising for 7 days, taking the Quick Shuttle back to Seattle for 2 nights and then taking the Amtrak Coast Starlight home.

I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it and then make sure I can be gone from work for 2 weeks (small details) :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

What excursions did you do?
You will love Alaska! Our family went last summer; it was something of a "bucket list" item for DH and I. For excursions we chose the boat/hike/kayak to Davidson glacier, which was fun and off the beaten path; ziplining in Ketchikan, which was our favorite; and Butchart Gardens. In Juneau we booked our own whale-watching excursion with Weather Permitting Alaska, which we would highly recommend. There were only 7 of us plus the captain on a boat he had designed himself just for this. Amazing. We took layers and a decent raincoat for everyone, plus gloves, and were pretty comfortable most of the time. The first and last days were even shorts weather. Sitting in the hot tubs looking up at snow and glaciers was great. The view sailing in Tracy Arm was stunning; I couldn't believe I was seeing seals floating on icebergs! It was chilly and a bit damp but worth every minute, and the crew kept the coffee, hot chocolate and warm cookies handy. :-) The whole week was truly magical!

You will love Alaska! Our family went last summer; it was something of a "bucket list" item for DH and I. For excursions we chose the boat/hike/kayak to Davidson glacier, which was fun and off the beaten path; ziplining in Ketchikan, which was our favorite; and Butchart Gardens. In Juneau we booked our own whale-watching excursion with Weather Permitting Alaska, which we would highly recommend. There were only 7 of us plus the captain on a boat he had designed himself just for this. Amazing. We took layers and a decent raincoat for everyone, plus gloves, and were pretty comfortable most of the time. The first and last days were even shorts weather. Sitting in the hot tubs looking up at snow and glaciers was great. The view sailing in Tracy Arm was stunning; I couldn't believe I was seeing seals floating on icebergs! It was chilly and a bit damp but worth every minute, and the crew kept the coffee, hot chocolate and warm cookies handy. :-) The whole week was truly magical!

Oh..thank you, thank you, thank you :goodvibes I'm trying not to think too much about it until I get the OK from my work to be gone that long and until after our awesome Eastern on the Fantasy next month (OMG....it is NEXT MONTH)!!! We will do the cruise for sure, but may end up having to fly in and out if my work won't let me be gone that whole time. But the kids are really excited about adding the extra day in Seattle to explore. And of course the overnight on the train. They love the idea of a vacation that includes a car (to the airport), a plane, a ship, a bus and a train. Hum, maybe i need to book one of the helicopter tours so we can add that mode of transportation to the list :rotfl2:

The more I read about Alaska, the more excited I get. :cool1: :cool1:

OK...now back to our regular programming.
Only 45 days until we are on the Fantasy (44 until we leave for Florida) :yay::yay::yay:

Wow...anyone have an idea why the June 22nd Western Carribean wouldn't sell well? Our cruise doesn't even show up anymore and all the other cruises in June only have like one room category left. But the June 22nd has all verandah categories and is offering VGT rates :confused3

Makes me wish that I was rich and didn't have a job to report to....because I would be booking a B2B :rotfl2:

Anyone planning to book one of the wine tastings? DH doesn't drink and my DDs are underage, but I'd love to have company.

Wine tasting sounds good to us. Didn't see anything on the DCL site about them. We did a martini tasting on our last Carnival cruise. Very interesting.

Cheers
Craig

I absolutely love this community on Disboards. Everyone is so helpful. Just the other day, I posted a new thread on the main DCL board asking if anyone had recent Navigators for the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, St. Marten itinerary. The most recent set I found for our cruise itinerary was nearly a year old.

Someone just returned from a cruise last week and agreed to scan and post their Navigators. Thought the rest of you might be interested as well.

Click here to read that thread and access the link to these Navigators.

Bypass that thread and go right to the Navigators: Click here.

Enjoy!!

Admittedly, I'm no alcoholic! But I do like a drink every now and again. I am familiar with different types of alcohol, but I confess, when I was looking at the Navigators I just posted the link for, I saw "Amari tasting" among the other tastings offered on that cruise.

At the risk of looking really foolish, I'm guessing this may be some kind of after dinner drink kind of tasting (you know, Amari, Amaretto). Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

Can anyone help me?

Admittedly, I'm no alcoholic! But I do like a drink every now and again. I am familiar with different types of alcohol, but I confess, when I was looking at the Navigators I just posted the link for, I saw "Amari tasting" among the other tastings offered on that cruise.

At the risk of looking really foolish, I'm guessing this may be some kind of after dinner drink kind of tasting (you know, Amari, Amaretto). Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

Can anyone help me?

Here's what I found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaro_(liqueur)

Not really my flavor of choice, but the Wine and the Wine and Chocolate tastings from the May navigators look good. Maybe even the tequila one!

Bekki

I absolutely love this community on Disboards. Everyone is so helpful. Just the other day, I posted a new thread on the main DCL board asking if anyone had recent Navigators for the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, St. Marten itinerary. The most recent set I found for our cruise itinerary was nearly a year old.

Someone just returned from a cruise last week and agreed to scan and post their Navigators. Thought the rest of you might be interested as well.

Click here to read that thread and access the link to these Navigators.

Bypass that thread and go right to the Navigators: Click here.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for posting these!!! I was looking over them last night.
One thing that really surprised me was the lack of character greetings on Pirate night. Mickey doesn't come out until 10:00 pm :confused3 Usually there are a ton of character greetings on that night (with multiple time slots). And no Jack Sparrow :scared1:

I looked at the navigators posted from April (Western) and Capt Jack wasn't on there either, but he was on the ones from March. Could Capt. Jack be on vacation? :rotfl2: He does show up on the CC day for pictures though but we have a tradition of getting pictures with him on pirate night and I'm going to be bummed if he isn't there :(

Thanks for posting these!!! I was looking over them last night.
One thing that really surprised me was the lack of character greetings on Pirate night. Mickey doesn't come out until 10:00 pm :confused3 Usually there are a ton of character greetings on that night (with multiple time slots). And no Jack Sparrow :scared1:

I looked at the navigators posted from April (Western) and Capt Jack wasn't on there either, but he was on the ones from March. Could Capt. Jack be on vacation? :rotfl2: He does show up on the CC day for pictures though but we have a tradition of getting pictures with him on pirate night and I'm going to be bummed if he isn't there :(

It looks like Capt. Jack Sparrow will be out on pirate night. It is listed that he will be out at 5:15 and 7:00. Look at Day 4 insert back. In the gold/yellow box it shows all the characters for the day. He is listed there but not on the front of that page.

It looks like Capt. Jack Sparrow will be out on pirate night. It is listed that he will be out at 5:15 and 7:00. Look at Day 4 insert back. In the gold/yellow box it shows all the characters for the day. He is listed there but not on the front of that page.

Whew...thanks!! I didn't see the other list of character greetings. I wonder if they just messed up the other page (where every event is listed by time). I thought is was weird that Mickey was only out at 10:00 pm. That would make for a lot of disappointed little pirates ::yes::

And glad to see that Jack is on there. That would have made for one disappointed big pirate....ME :rotfl2:

Hello!! My family will be sailing on our first cruise ever with you guys starting June 29th! We're so excited. But, we booked pretty late -- and we're new cruisers -- so I feel like I'm a little in the dark about a lot of things! These boards are so helpful. I'd love to join the Facebook page if one was created. Please let me know how to do that.
Thanks!

Hello!! My family will be sailing on our first cruise ever with you guys starting June 29th! We're so excited. But, we booked pretty late -- and we're new cruisers -- so I feel like I'm a little in the dark about a lot of things! These boards are so helpful. I'd love to join the Facebook page if one was created. Please let me know how to do that.
Thanks!

Search FANTASY JUNE29 2013 PRIVATE FE GROUP- it's ok to join even if you aren't participating in the FE exchange! Welcome!!! Disney Cruise vacations are the best!!

Thanks!

Welcome to the group!!!!

Let us know if you have any questions. I think we have quite a few veteran cruisers in our group that would be glad to help :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter