Fantasy june 2, 2012 eastern caribbean

Hi! Was hoping my mom (Jean, 80) and her friend could be added to FE group #1 with us pls since I will be in charge of all gifts?!

Also, does anyone know how the FE groups are working? Are we giving gifts to all on the list on a specified nite, all nites, one gift/ cabin or does it matter? Any info would be really helpful since we are getting close to our date!

Are we having a DIS meet too? So excited for thus cruise!!!
Cathy

I keep forgetting to check in over here seeing that we have such an active Facebook group. Here is what we have come up with over there...
Rule number 1: Have fun. Fish (or Starfish or Seahorse) Extender Info- If you are interested message Ann (alamere1496) a message on the DISboards. Include who is sailing, and gender and ages of children and cabin # if you have it. She will be more than glad to add you to the list. Since the first group is closed at 23 cabins we will be starting a second group. Fish Extender Rules: Dining Schedule per Passporter book as of last publication: Day 1 - regular rotation menu, casual attire Day 2 - prince & princess menu (formal attire) Day 3 - regular rotation, casual attire Day 4 - pirates IN the caribbean, casual/pirate attire Day 5 - regular rotation menu, casual attire Day 6 - captain's gala, semi-formal attire Day 7 - 'til we meet again, casual attire. Palo brunch & high tea are available on day 2, 3 & 6. FE Exchange Hello Everyone!! As the cruise creeps closer, I feel like we need to tie up some lose ends in regards to the FE. We have not set up specific rules yet for our groups. For me, the number one rule is to have fun!! Honestly, the FE exchange should be fun, not a source of stress for anyone. On my last cruise, we had a very relaxed group. We did not have specific days for people to deliver their gifts or put guidelines on what types of gifts to give. We left it up to each person and what they felt comfortable with. Some families gave only a family gift, while others gave seperate gifts for kids and adults. I really feel as though this is the best way to approach the FE Exchange. People have different schedules and things that they want to do on the ship. I do not want to put together a schedule for everyone, and then have it be a bad time for them. Afterall, we are on vacation!! =) We do have a cutoff date to join the group before the cruise. This is done so that everyone can plan appropriately. The first group is currently closed, so the second group cutoff date will be March 31st. Finally, don't forget to add a favorite recipe from your familiy cookbook. What a fun way to make a forever connection with the families that we meet on our cruise!! So, Happy Planning Everyone!!!

To all members of the first FE group:
I have a request from someone in our group about adding her mom to our list as she will be handling all the gifts for both herself and her mom. We just lost 2 rooms from our group. Do you all mind if I add that room? Please let me know what you all think!! =)

Hi!
We'd like to say Hi to everyone! We're also on this cruise! Can't wait!
We're me (nancy), DH john, DD19 jennifer, and DS16 Ryan. We're currently assigned cabin 2519 (GTY cat 11c). We'd love to join your FE group. I'll try to email (Youngjunkmail@gmail.com) if that's the correct contact person.

Only about 17 weeks to go!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I haven't read through the whole thread... so could someone re-cap whether we're having a meet the first day?? Thanks!

Hello!! I can add u 2 the 2nd FE group! I will email everyone April 1st with the finished list but right now we have 11 rooms. Oh and by the way ur room is right next 2 mine LOL! Glad u could join us!

Hello! I am helping out with the 2nd FE group! There is still room for 5 more groups to be added, so anyone who wants to join in can contact me at Madisonann2002 with room #, deck #, names and ages, and I can add u to the list. When list is full I will send u the attachment so that u have ur info!!:cool1:

Hi! My son (10) and I will be sailing on this cruise and would love to join the FE. I will send a pm. This will be our second cruise. We cruised on the Dream last year and look forward to seeing the differences in the new ship as well as visiting new ports of calls. It won't be much longer until we can book port excursions! :woohoo:

Unfortunately we can to cancel this cruise and re-book for late 2013...so disappointing.

Have a great cruise everyone!

My family and I will be there as well! Total of 12 of sailing. Currently booked 3 rooms on deck 8 Cat 11A. We are hoping to get our mother upgraded to a handicap room, or have an opening in our cat. before we leave. So excited there are other active members going.

Hello,

I have monitored the boards before, but never registered or posted. This will be our second Disney cruise. We were on the Aug, 2008 Panama Canal cruise with some others here that have posted. "We" are myself (Ryan), my wife (Tina), our daughter (Kendra, 21), son (Sam, 15) and other son (Seth, 10).

Sam and I would like to do an afternoon deep sea fishing trip in St. Maartin. It would be great if there were 2 or 3 others that want to join us to share the cost of the boat. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to the cruise!

Ryan

We'll be there - DH and I plus our two kids, Anders - 11 yo and Emily - 8 yo plus grandson #1 - Trevon - 4 yo.....can't wait, this is actually our second leg of a back-to-back, only bummer is we have to change rooms between as they were not booked together ..... Cabin 11006

Welcome new members.

Everyday, it feels like it's getting closer.

This past weekend, we booked Palo and checked in on-line (11:00 am arrival time!).

Now we are debating on excursions. We're thinking Catamarans at both islands, but haven't decided yet. Has anyone done Trunk Bay vs Honeymoon Beach? Any differences.

Now, we just have to book our rental car and we are all set except the long wait.

Oh, my DW decided that we'd like to jump in and participate in the FE afterall. We have two cabins, but just one FE. My DW made it for our 15-night cruise. I guess it'd be a waste to not take it. ;) Even though we'd prefer a bigger FE group, this will probably be easier in the long run keeping the groups small.

I can add u 2 the fe group, just need ur room info and name and ages in the ur group!

Welcome new members.

Everyday, it feels like it's getting closer.

This past weekend, we booked Palo and checked in on-line (11:00 am arrival time!).

Now we are debating on excursions. We're thinking Catamarans at both islands, but haven't decided yet. Has anyone done Trunk Bay vs Honeymoon Beach? Any differences.

Now, we just have to book our rental car and we are all set except the long wait.

Oh, my DW decided that we'd like to jump in and participate in the FE afterall. We have two cabins, but just one FE. My DW made it for our 15-night cruise. I guess it'd be a waste to not take it. ;) Even though we'd prefer a bigger FE group, this will probably be easier in the long run keeping the groups small.

YAY!!! :banana::banana::cheer2: :banana::banana:We have reached the 100 day mark!! :cheer2:

Now it is time to get serious in your planning. (Like we weren't already doing that, right? :rotfl2:)

I know not everyone is Facebook savy but we have a WONDERFUL little Facebook group going on! We have been VERY busy talking excursion options, hotel and transportation options, ship board bookings and even possible books to read together! :thumbsup2 We have someone working on a personal navigator of sorts for all the fun group (and non-group) option available to our group.

On that note, I have inquired about a "private" mixology class while on board. They will let us know about 3 weeks prior to sailing if this will be possible. There is still a limited number who can attend and they will need to have a definite list before we sail and the cost will be $20.00 pp. There is room for 8 more people on that list. (8 ONLY---They were VERY specific on the number limit!) pirate:

If you are interested in being added to this group, please send me a private message with the number attending, names and stateroom number if you have it. I will post a final list with names and numbers prior to submitting them to DCL, in case anyone changes their mind, backs out or wants to be added from the wait list. (if I get more than 8 requests, I will make a wait list).

If you have any questions, please ask. Also, if you happen to want to join the Facebook group, there is a link earlier on this thread with the instructions to request to be added. WARNING: We are a chatting group! :dance3:

Have a great day! :thumbsup2
Michelle

Whew............just read every post to this thread!:surfweb:I had to in order to feel like I know what everyone is saying. I'm not feeling great today so it was a good thing for me to do. It was that or sleep.;)

Getting so excited to go on this cruise. Although there are a lot of us on this thread, it amazes me that more people don't subscribe to these threads when they cruise. I guess there are a lot of people that don't know about the disboards...........poor people.:confused3

I'll be keeping up with all of you now. I'm looking forward to seeing what a ship looks like when it's so new. The Magic and Wonder always look amazing but I think it will be different for this cruise. If I calculated correctly, we are cruise #14 for the Fantasy. Awesome :banana::banana::banana:

See you real soon!

Cruising will be DH James. Me...Brenda... DD Cady16 age of sailing.
Son Mark 34 and our three grand kids by him. Marco 12..Dominic..10 Isabella... 6
and a Grandson from another son... Aidan 5

MIL Hope who is bring 2 nices Rian 17, Jasmine 15.

This ship looks like it will be a perfect for us.
Cady, Rian and Jasmine caint wait to hang in the teen area.
Marco and Dominic water slide.
Isbella was telling me the dress up room in the kids club is her room and the room with toy story stuff is her cousins Aidans room. I plan on adding a week to the World afterwords to make this a two week vacation.

Brenda,

I see that you did a 2008 Panama Canal cruise. My son Seth, who is now 10, made friends on the August 2008 Panama Canal cruise with a boy named Dominic. Wondering if that could be your grandson? That would be fun for Seth to renew that friendship. Let me know if Dominic was on that cruise and if he remembers a boy named Seth.

Ryan

The Mixology Class is now FULL! :grouphug:
We have reached our maximum allowed number. If you would like to be put on a waiting list in the event someone cancels please send me a private message.

Thank you!
Michelle :)

The Mixology Class is now FULL! :grouphug:
We have reached our maximum allowed number. If you would like to be put on a waiting list in the event someone cancels please send me a private message.

Thank you!
Michelle :)

Hi, Michelle! I sent you a PM.

Thanks!

This will be the first disney cruise for me and my two DD (7 &9). Can't wait!!!

You will ABSOLUTELY love it - we have a DD who is 8 so I'm sure that they'll meet - you are registering them for the Kids Clubs, yes? That was my DD's favorite place to hang, they (her and DS) never wanted to leave when we'd go to pick them up - it was GREAT!

Thought I'd post this here for those of you that are not in the Facebook group.

We've been chatting about how we would be able to spot each other on the ship. For a previous cruise we made name tags out of the Mickey paint chips from Home Depot. I've scanned in that image & saved it for anyone that wants to make one. It's the perfect size to fit in the plastic pouch on the lanyard. I printed mine on card stock so it was sturdier. You can copy the image then open it in Paint to add your name. Be sure to add your DIS screen name too. When you go to print it, you'll need to make sure that it's not set to "Fit to" the full page under the scaling section.

Here's the blank one and an example of one with my name.

NameTagBlankSmall.jpg
NameTagAngieSmall.jpg

There was some discussion about doing a recipe exchange as part of the Fish Extender Exchange. Instead, you can email your favorite recipe from your familiy cookbook to Angie @ FantasyRecipes@gmail.com. Please include your name & screen name. I will compile all recipes in to a Word document then post on our FB group page & here for everyone to download. What a fun way to make a forever connection with the families that we meet on our cruise!! You do not need to be part of the FE exchange to participate in the recipe exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter