• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy june 2, 2012 eastern caribbean

Hi everyone!!! I just got back on 3/19 Magic cruise and booked this cruise while on board!! (Hey Amanda!!!)

So we'll have 2 families this time around:

First it's me (Emy) and my husband (Jeff). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and can't wait to sail on the new ship!!
Also sailing with us is my good friend's family (also Disney fanatic) The Jones: Betsy, Jon, and their triplets (Will, Becca, and Hays - they'll be all 10). This will be their 2nd Disney cruise and first time on 7-night cruise!!!

Jeff and I booked 11A GTY room, and thinking about changing the Jones to GTY room as well, but they want connecting room if possible. Do you think they'll be able to get upgrade and have connecting rooms? Our reservations are all linked together (since I booked it on board for them).

We would like to be part of FE (the 2 families) as well!! We had fun doing FE on our last cruise!!

:welcome:
Just PM me the room #'s, names, ages, and gender of all the people in the rooms and I'll add you to the FE list!!

I have had this room booked since Oct 2010, but just now went more on the + side of going than being a maybe! Can't believe the price has gone up $2K since we booked :scared1: Makes me want to keep this b/c I feel like I got a deal, especially too, since the Galveston cruises are even more expensive for oceanview/verandah rooms than this - go figure:confused3

Anyways, we had a BLAST on our 1st Disney cruise, the Dream on Mar 13-17, 2011. Since then, my DS has been begging every day "When can we go on a 7nt Disney cruise?" Little does he know :lmao:

I will PM alamere the info for the FE - so want to do that again! The kids would race off the elevator to see if we had anything in there. Are we doing a magnet exchange too? That could be part of the same group, or a different group, whoever is interested. We did both on the Dream - so fun:banana:

So sad though it's more than 1 yr....

We booked this cruise back in June while on the Magic. DD wanted to go on the Dream and the Fantasy before she was too old for the teen club so we booked December on the Dream and June on the Fantasy (any excuse to sail with DCL is a good excuse).

We will have 3 of the 4boons going with us:
DH Bill
DW Laura
DD-16 Katie (will turn 18 :scared1: days before we sail)

We are looking forward to seeing those of you that we have sailed with before and meeting those that we have not sailed with. I will PM about Facebook and FE.

Bill

This cruise can not get here fast enough! The group sailing with us has grown over the last month or so. Here's who we have with us now:

Me-40
Dh-40
Ds Logan-13 at sailing
Ds Braden- turning 8 on the last day!

Nikki-40
Jack-40
Ds Jack- 11 at sailing
Ds Nicholas- 5 at sailing

Deena-41
Tripp-41
Ds Rix-15 at sailing
Ds Lake- 6 at sailing

Kerri-39
John-39
Ds Webb-8 at sailing
Dd Anna Caroline-6 at sailing
Ds Sellers- 4 at sailing

Jacque-40
Ds Brody-7 at sailing
Dd Sadie-5 at sailing

Everyone is so looking forward to it!!!:cool1:

We are so exited!! This will be our first family cruise. My DH and two DD (7 & 9). My youngest DD will be turning 8 the 2nd day of the cruise. We just watched the DCL DVD this morning. We are all so excited. I wish it wasn't so far away. Hope to meet some of you on the ship.

I just wanted to say Hello again! :wave2: I think the last time I posted was in Oct. :eek: I've been busy planning our upcoming Disney World trip. But I have all that settled now so hopefully I can devote a little more time to this trip. :) And if anyone could direct me to the Facebook group, that would be great. :goodvibes

I just wanted to say Hello again! :wave2: I think the last time I posted was in Oct. :eek: I've been busy planning our upcoming Disney World trip. But I have all that settled now so hopefully I can devote a little more time to this trip. :) And if anyone could direct me to the Facebook group, that would be great. :goodvibes

Glad to see you! :)
the facebook group is under
DCL Fantasy fun cruise
or you can friend request Amanda Young and she can add you. It may take a few days...she is sailing on the Dream as we speak!:cool1:

Michelle

Glad to see you! :)
the facebook group is under
DCL Fantasy fun cruise
or you can friend request Amanda Young and she can add you. It may take a few days...she is sailing on the Dream as we speak!:cool1:

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.:) So jealous of Amanda right now! :goodvibes

Welcome to all our new posters :) Looks like our group is growing!

I'm making the trip seem closer by cutting it into smaller "chunks" I tell myself that I only have till June 5 for my trip to DC, and after that we will be under the 1 year mark. Next will come fall break, Christmas and spring break. At that point, I'll be so busy wrapping up the school year, that the weeks will fly by. I'll say goodbye to my dear darling students and hit the road!!!

For anyone who hasn't, I would encourage you to join our Facebook page. Lee Anne is doing an awesome job of coming up with a "Question of the Day" :)

Lori P. :)

We are so exited!! This will be our first family cruise. My DH and two DD (7 & 9). My youngest DD will be turning 8 the 2nd day of the cruise. We just watched the DCL DVD this morning. We are all so excited. I wish it wasn't so far away. Hope to meet some of you on the ship.

Okay, I'm pretty sure you're at least the third person with a kiddo having a birthday on the 2nd day. We should keep a count!

My son will turn 3 on the 3rd. :)

Hi all, Sorry I have not posted for a while I see the group is still growing hello to all new cruisers. I will see if DD can look up the Face book group as I dont have a face book and I dont want one.
We are a family of 11 cruising and of the 11 we have 3 teenage Girls 15-17, two 12-10 year old boys and 2 kiddos 6 and 5 at the time of cruise.

I would like to spend 4 days after the cruise visting Disneyworld. I was seeing on another fourm about a program called the Disney yes program.

I tried reading about it because it looks like if the kids sign up for one of the programs you can get some really discounted tickets. My question has anyone here done this before and could you give me more information.

Hello Everyone! :wave: It has been a while. I'm not sure I have said anything formally, but we would like to be part of the FE. It adds such a fun touch to our trip and it gives me something to obsess about besides packing. ;)
What are people doing about family groups and participating in the FE? Do you include everyone in your group on the list or do you stick to one room per group? The last two exchanges we included the Godparents on the list but I bought all the gifts for both rooms. Just curious about what others do.
I hope everyone is well. :goodvibes We are blowing away here in New Mexico.

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to update the group on the FE exchange. We have officially closed the first group as it began to get too big for everyone to manage. I am now starting to take information for the second group. So if anyone else interested in joining the group, message me with your information (names, ages, genders of everyone in the room and cabin #).
Thanks!!

Hello Everyone! :wave: It has been a while. I'm not sure I have said anything formally, but we would like to be part of the FE. It adds such a fun touch to our trip and it gives me something to obsess about besides packing. ;)
What are people doing about family groups and participating in the FE? Do you include everyone in your group on the list or do you stick to one room per group? The last two exchanges we included the Godparents on the list but I bought all the gifts for both rooms. Just curious about what others do.
I hope everyone is well. :goodvibes We are blowing away here in New Mexico.

New Mexico blew past us this afternoon, or at least your top soil did.

We normally give one FE item per stateroom.

Bill

Just back from hearing a presentation by Kim Phuc, "The Girl In The Picture". What an inspiration to hear her story and an honor to meet her afterwards.

Bill

Okay, I'm pretty sure you're at least the third person with a kiddo having a birthday on the 2nd day. We should keep a count!

My son will turn 3 on the 3rd. :)

Although our son isn't as cute as yours, he will turn 17 on the cruise. :scared1: It's not the 2nd day of the cruise though, but the 4th day of the cruise.

Hi all, Sorry I have not posted for a while I see the group is still growing hello to all new cruisers. I will see if DD can look up the Face book group as I dont have a face book and I dont want one.
We are a family of 11 cruising and of the 11 we have 3 teenage Girls 15-17, two 12-10 year old boys and 2 kiddos 6 and 5 at the time of cruise.

I would like to spend 4 days after the cruise visting Disneyworld. I was seeing on another fourm about a program called the Disney yes program.

I tried reading about it because it looks like if the kids sign up for one of the programs you can get some really discounted tickets. My question has anyone here done this before and could you give me more information.

I too don't have a FB account and also didn't want to get one. However, this group seems fairly quiet except for discussing FE's - perhaps it's more lively on FB and I'll have to break down and open an account. :confused3

I haven't heard of the Disney Yes program, but would like to know more about it if you find out anything. Is it a volunteer program or more of an education program? Thanks!

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to update the group on the FE exchange. We have officially closed the first group as it began to get too big for everyone to manage. I am now starting to take information for the second group. So if anyone else interested in joining the group, message me with your information (names, ages, genders of everyone in the room and cabin #).
Thanks!!

How many rooms are on the FE exchange already? On one of our cruises, we had about 125 rooms with about 400 total peeps. Is it that big yet?

Although our son isn't as cute as yours, he will turn 17 on the cruise. :scared1: It's not the 2nd day of the cruise though, but the 4th day of the cruise.

I too don't have a FB account and also didn't want to get one. However, this group seems fairly quiet except for discussing FE's - perhaps it's more lively on FB and I'll have to break down and open an account. :confused3

I haven't heard of the Disney Yes program, but would like to know more about it if you find out anything. Is it a volunteer program or more of an education program? Thanks!

How many rooms are on the FE exchange already? On one of our cruises, we had about 125 rooms with about 400 total peeps. Is it that big yet?

Thanks. I'm sure your kids were cute at that age, too! I think at 17 the appropriate term is that they're handsome, yes? :goodvibes We do have a lot of birthdays on board :)

I have a FB and I'm in the group, but I don't visit it. I'd rather use the thread. Call me crazy. They're doing random Questions of the Day to try to get to know each other, I get an alert every time someone posts in the group. Other than that (and I admit I haven't looked in awhile) not much is going on over there.

We're officially going. I was hit and miss there for awhile just because of their ages. But DS1 did so awesome at WDW at 18 months and DS2 will be a smidge older than he was when we went, so I'm excited again.

That and we need this vacation. I think it'll do us wonders. DS2 is probably going to be getting a brain shunt placed here in the next few months. First it was a no, then a "prepare yourselves", then a "wow, he completely turned himself around" and now it's a "prepare yourselves" again so we're trying to, well, prepare ourselves. :lmao: I went ahead and purchased insurance so if his shunt were to malfunction while we're on board that the evacuation won't bankrupt us. Which, of course, means that he will probably not even need a brain shunt now :rotfl: Either way the insurance was worth every cent.

I've started to look at excursions. Sooo tempted by those cabanas on Castaway, but am I the only one that thinks $500 is CRAZY?! :scared1:

Hello...I have not been on here in a bit but wanted to welcome the new people. My DS is one of the birthday kids and will turn 6 on day 4 of the trip. We are getting ready for the Transatlantic trip next month....we can't wait!

Disney Yes? I too would like to know more.

Laura and I tried to remember how many FEs we had on the 2008 PC but couldn't remember. We knew it was over 100. I hope you don't remember ours because it will probably be similar.

Bill

This is right from The Disney web page. From all I can tell if you have a group of 10. You can get deep discounted tickets, it looks like kids under 13 has to have an adult. Older than 13 parent needs to be in the park. It also looks like you can buy one extra deep discount ticket for every student. Classes are just a few hours.

I have sent an E-mail to try and get more information, I should here back in a few days.

Package includes admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for the number of specified days, and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

* Price includes tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

$130.37
3-Day Starter Package
Package includes admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for the number of specified days, and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

Transport your students into a world of education, Disney-style, within the magical setting of the Disney Parks that showcases how valuable principles learned in the classroom make exciting things happen every day at our Disney attractions. Taught by specially trained Disney facilitators, Disney Youth Education Series programs are offered in four disciplines — Leadership & Careers, Arts & Humanities, Physical Sciences and Natural Sciences. These hands-on courses increase learning desire, encourage students to reach their potential and demonstrate the importance of teamwork, all in a unique setting that combines the classroom with the real world.

After the program, students are encouraged to continue the fun at the Theme Parks where they are free to explore attractions and continue learning as they see how the knowledge they've gained is applied throughout the Disney Parks.

Through this memorable experience, students walk away wide-eyed and ready to embrace a world of limitless possibilities!

The Disney Difference
Many Disney Youth Education Series programs are accredited by Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
A once-in-a-lifetime educational opportunity in the most magical place in the world
Gain real-world knowledge inside Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort with specialized experiences at the Theme Parks
Ticket packages allow your group to spend more time inside the Parks to explore, have fun and apply their newfound knowledge
Disney excitement around every corner

Groups of 10 or more students are required for programs at Walt Disney World® Resort, and groups of 15 or more students are required for programs at Disneyland® Resort* Price include tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

* Price includes tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

$148.48
3-Day Park Hopper® Package
Three days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like, and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

Learn, Explore and Have Fun!

$166.58
3-Day Premium Package
Three days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day, as many times as you'd like. Three visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park. And one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

* Price include tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

$138.89
4-Day Starter Package
One admission per day to any one Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park for four days and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

* Price include tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

$157.00
4-Day Park Hopper® Package
Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like, and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

$175.10
4-Day Premium Package
Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day, as many times as you'd like. Four visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park. And one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

$147.41
5-Day Starter Package
One admission per day to any one Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park for five days and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

$165.52
5-Day Park Hopper® Package
Five days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like, and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

$183.62
5-Day Premium Package
Five days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day, as many times as you'd like. Five visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park. And one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter