Fantasy Holiday Cruise 12/21/13

On the 7 night cruise pirate night is Wednesday. On this cruise that is the 25th. I hope they keep pirate night.
And I hope the places are opened in Cozumel that day.
I'm really looking forward to this cruise.
I can't wait to see the decorations and the special gifts and shows.

Christmas Eve is more of a celebration in mexican culture than Christmas Day. I've read other places that the stores will be open on Christmas in Cozumel

Does anyone know what they serve on Christmas for dinner.

Menu I found from surfing DisBoards...

SAMPLE MENU FROM CHRISTMAS NIGHT

Appetizers
  • Prosciutto Wrapped Figs -- with gorganzola cheese, walnuts, and a roquette pesto
  • Blackberry and Port Wine Sorbet -- served on a cantaloupe and honeydew melon confetti compote
  • Alaskan King Crab Legs -- with melted lemon-herb butter and roasted corn relish
  • Potato and Cheese Stuffed Dumplings -- with caramelized onions, sour cream, and topped with caviar

Soups and Salads
  • Mrs. Claus Oxtail Consomme and Parmesan Twist -- clarified oxtail soup with aged jerez wine oxtail meat and fine vegetables
  • Fennel-Potato Soup -- with smoked salmon
  • Rudolf's Romaine Salad -- with red radishes, cauliflower florets, and pickled red cabbages tossed in an herb-ranch dressing
  • Winter Green Leaves -- lambs lettuce, endive, and oakleaf with crispy lardons of bacon, caramelized baby onions, and croutons tossed in an aged red wine vinaigrette

Main Courses
  • Honey-glazed Baked Virginia Ham -- with sweet corn cakes, red-skin potatoes, and thyme roasted winter vegetables service with a raisin and Madeira sauce
  • Festive Oven-roasted Young Tom Turkey -- with cornbread fruit stuffing, mashed sweet potato with caramelized pecans, whole green beans, pan-roasting juices, and cranberry jelly
  • Olive Oil Marinated Striped Bass -- with saffron flavored baby vegetables, wild rice, and lemon-herb sauce
  • Black Pepper-crusted Standing Rib Roast -- with roasted red onions, sugar snap peas, potato gratin, and red wine reduction
  • Pumpkin Curry
  • Blue Cheese and Asparagus Risotto
  • 2011 - Baked Pacific Lobster Tail Princess -- aged cheddar cheese risotto and roasted asparagus coated with shrimp lemon-butter sauce
  • 2012 - Vine Ripe Tomato with Lemon Jumbo Shrimp - potato gnocchi, oven roasted butternut squash and a light herb sauce
  • Lighter options: Steamed Lemon Sole, Sirloin Steak, Chicken Breast, Salmon

Bread Service -- cornbread and sour dough loaf

Desserts
  • Holiday English Pudding -- with brandy sauce
  • Double Chocolate Yule Log -- with meringue mushrooms
  • Passion Fruit and White Chocolate Creme Brulee -- with vanilla ice cream
  • Flourless Chocolate Cake -- with a vanilla cream frosting and a milk chocolate sauce
  • Banana Caramel Bliss -- mint chocolate ice cream with a slice of banana, pecan brittle, and rum caramel sauce

The food, decorations, lights, characters, and of course the music is awesome at Christmas. This will be our 5th Christmas cruise. I love sailing at Christmas.

How crowded were your previous Christmas cruises?
How was the weather and water temperature at castaway cay?
How was the temperature at night.

:yay:Well its done - our frst ever disney cruise (infact our first ever cruise or being away at Christmas)...

We are a family of 4: mum, dad and two girls aged 13 and 14... all really looking forward to this trip from the UK...

Hope to meet and greet some of our fellow cruisers - especially those with the top tips for the newbies on the block...

Fantasy - 21st Dec, can't wait!

How crowded were your previous Christmas cruises?
How was the weather and water temperature at castaway cay?
How was the temperature at night.
Hey, you ask some great questions... I will watch the responses with interest.. Loved the Chirstmas menu sample; my 14year old will be pleased to hear they serve Turkey as giving up her traditional roast at home over Christmas was a big decision for her...lol

We've never cruised before and trying to absorb everything to help plan for a better trip..

On many of the cruises we've been on there is a logo. Since I haven't seen on for this one I would like to offer the following.
christmas2013_zps4c3a7f05.jpg

a>

Dan & Mary,

I was not aware that there are logos for cruises, however I am game if others are. Please resend as this is not showing up online, it also may be easier seen on the FB site? Also, let's get a vote on which is most popular.

Thanks!
Becky

On many of the cruises we've been on there is a logo. Since I haven't seen on for this one I would like to offer the following.
christmas2013_zps4c3a7f05.jpg

a>

On our last Christmas cruise we created a logo and one person printed and laminated the logo for the lanyard. This person even supplied the lanyard. We all wore these lanyards with the logo. It was really neat. We also were put together as one big group in the dining room. We had one early and one group late dining. Disney treated our group like royalty. It was really nice. They made special arrangements for our group to use a large room for our gift exchange. If anyone wanted the tea with Wendy they made sure our group members got into that event. Or if you wanted to build a gingerbread house they made sure our group got into the event. It was my moms birthday and they made a cake that served 100 at no charge to serve the entire group. It was wonderful. So I think the group logo is fantastic idea. We even were able to have brunch as a group in the private dining room in Palos. That would be another fun event to set up as a group. Just a few of my ideas and suggestions. I am so excited about this cruise. My 14 year old son has no idea about the cruise. We are not going to tell him till we get on the plane in December. We will also be celebrating my moms 80th birthday. Do I sound excited?

Not sure why I can't get it to show here. However, I do have it on Facebook.

Not sure why I can't get it to show here. However, I do have it on Facebook.

I think it has something to do with the platform on DISBoards. I have the same issues posting spreadsheets on this forum as well.

On our last Christmas cruise we created a logo and one person printed and laminated the logo for the lanyard. This person even supplied the lanyard. We all wore these lanyards with the logo. It was really neat. We also were put together as one big group in the dining room. We had one early and one group late dining. Disney treated our group like royalty. It was really nice. They made special arrangements for our group to use a large room for our gift exchange. If anyone wanted the tea with Wendy they made sure our group members got into that event. Or if you wanted to build a gingerbread house they made sure our group got into the event. It was my moms birthday and they made a cake that served 100 at no charge to serve the entire group. It was wonderful. So I think the group logo is fantastic idea. We even were able to have brunch as a group in the private dining room in Palos. That would be another fun event to set up as a group. Just a few of my ideas and suggestions. I am so excited about this cruise. My 14 year old son has no idea about the cruise. We are not going to tell him till we get on the plane in December. We will also be celebrating my moms 80th birthday. Do I sound excited?

I would suggest, trying to get on the FB site. I have sent you a request in your "other" area of your inbox previously. The logo is wonderful that Jim did for our cruise.

As many of our families belong to the FE Group on Facebook, this may seem redundant, however we are at the time many would like to see the groups closed. We currently have 26 families wanting to participate in the exchange. So they have been named Group Chip (which consist of forward and GTY cabins) and Group Dale (consisting of mid, aft and GTY cabins).

As I have had problems in the past with putting spreadsheets on this site, I defer for any families who don't belong to FB to email me privately at rebeccagansle@gmail.com or PM me, so that I can assure you get a copy of the list.

The families on GROUP DALE Are:
DOODLEDAISY
BEEZERDAVE
TCRAWFORD95
GANSLECLAN
PHILLYFANS
LINKANDCLOVER
ICEMANPAD
CMCADOO66
GRETCHENK
SKIINGWIFE
CHUCK2534
TLUVSPLUTO
KATIESQUIRES

The families on GROUP DALE are:
GUMBO1009
PARKINFAMILY
JAMIELYNN
MCPACKERS
SHUSSH
DDPLUS4
NKMUSA
PIMENTEL
ESFC
CARDIDOG
TYARBOROUGH
MICKEYTEACHERS
TERIPAC

***PLEASE NOTE***If additional families should join a third group will begin, however in the spirit of FE, if any of our families have extra FE items to share and would be interested in participating to "share the love" please let me know. In addition, if you are now not wanting to participate in FE's I would also need to know this information.

Just checking in..

We are on DCL for Christmas again.... Would not miss it for the world. I think this is 10th Christmas Cruise with DCL... :blush:

Just checking in..

We are on DCL for Christmas again.... Would not miss it for the world. I think this is 10th Christmas Cruise with DCL... :blush:

Hi,

I don't remember your family being on the list before today...if you are new. Welcome!

Are you interested in participating in the FE exchange? I will PM you a questionnaire in the morning regarding your interest. In addition, if you don't hear from me please send an email to me at rebeccagansle@gmail.com

The members of our board are a great group, and we look forward to your joining.

Hi,

I don't remember your family being on the list before today...if you are new. Welcome!

Thanks...

I think we posted on this thread last year... :scratchin

Just been so busy lately that we haven't been on the board. :crazy2:

I will let you know asap about the FE...

Thanks...

I think we posted on this thread last year... :scratchin

Just been so busy lately that we haven't been on the board. :crazy2:

I will let you know asap about the FE...

I will send you a PM, with additional questions we have found helpful for all our participating families (FE or not). On it's way...

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter