Fantasy having mechanical issues

Not mechanical but fog kept us from docking in Galveston in January. We did not dock until about 2:00 pm and first people off was not until about 3:30 pm. It was a mad rush when they started letting people off (did it by colored luggage tag). We just barely made our 6:00 pm flight. We always book a later flight and in this case it really paid off (we were doubting having so much time to kill at the airport).

Good luck to all disembarking and embarking today...hope it goes smoothly for all.

MJ

I have a friend waiting in the airport since 7 am for this cruise. Airport pick ups start at 1:00 and resort pickups are starting at 3pm, as of her info at 8:30 this morning.

One prop working... just curious, how easy is it to fix an issue like this? To me it seems to make sense for them to spend more time after dry dock to work out the bugs without paying customers on board then do it this way?

She should go to Disney for the day instead of waiting at the airport

Right, and this is the first time with a dozen cruises that they did not stay at Disney the night before!!

She just said the first bus is now at 12:30.....3 more hours to kill. At least she is not home doing laundry like me!

We are still on the Fantasy. Commodore Thom has been keeping us up to date and there have been activities in D Lounge and other places. Just saw the pilot boat approach and he's beside us now. Very fortunately Delta allowed me to r/s flights fairly easily to later tonight. At least I've had cell for the past three hours or so. I don't think I'm going to wish for a longer vacation in the future though :)

One prop working... just curious, how easy is it to fix an issue like this? To me it seems to make sense for them to spend more time after dry dock to work out the bugs without paying customers on board then do it this way?
This has been called an unexpected mechanical issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with something that was worked on/added during dry dock. Something like this could have happened last month or 3 months down the road.

Just heard from DCL our new boarding time is 3 hours after the original time but no later than 5 l pm

Well if I was on board and wasn't in a rush for a flight I would enjoy the extra time onboard those few extra hours is Probley a few hundred dollars worth

This is true, but speaking from experience, it's a horrible spot to be in if you are flying, esp from a city with few or no nonstop flight options, with little kids/large family. I'm not going to use the word "nightmare" but the logistics in getting back home after a missed flight make it seem that way at the time! My thoughts are with them all!

ugh, 12:30pm is what I am hearing too in terms of being able to get off the ship... there is going to be a mad dash for everything, security and buses.... what a crappy way to end a trip.. our flights are usually at 12:15

to the expert travelers on trip insurance - if you had to miss your flight and you couldn't arrange to get a new one, would this be something trip insurance covers?

Good luck Tink on your travels today, thanks for the update

Unexpected? Is this like when you take your car in to get a rattle fixed and it comes out with a different rattle? Coincidence?

Webcam just tweeted they are getting a tugboat assist, whatever that means.

I'm a cruising newbie. First cruise. But there was smoke coming from an engine (I assume) on our side of the boat and visible until early morning. And smelled like burning oil. We didn't smell that at any other time except last night. Could see it from room 11018. Here is a bad picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 163

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter