FANTASY FANTASTIC:::September 8, 2012

The group is ordering wrist bands so we will know each other on the ship. If you are interested please let Nathan know right away.

Hi! My DH (SingaporeBob) and I just booked for this cruise date. I have requested to join the facebook group but I have several questions that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with:

1) We are empty-nesters now with both kids in college so this cruise is just for the two of us but we really want to do the fish extenders and the secret santa as we have been buying and saving up all kinds of little things for it since we first learned it existed -- long before booking. I never thought it would be an issue it just being 2 adults in the room but I noticed a posting earlier in this thread about it being for families. Would it be weird just the two of us participating? I'd really like to, even if it is only for others without kids on the ship as we have lots of things and ideas for adults as well as kids of all ages.

1a) Also, they told us we won't know our room assignment until almost boarding. Will this be a problem for FE?

2) Had a friend that took a cruise and she met up with others cruising at the same time and they had their rooms linked as friends so that they could buy one picture cd to share and one of them had brought a laptop and extra cd's to burn copies. Is that still possible to do? Would anyone be interested in doing that? It would be basically like sharing a photo pass at the parks.

Looking forward to the cruise!! :cool1:

Hi! My DH (SingaporeBob) and I just booked for this cruise date. I have requested to join the facebook group but I have several questions that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with:

1) We are empty-nesters now with both kids in college so this cruise is just for the two of us but we really want to do the fish extenders and the secret santa as we have been buying and saving up all kinds of little things for it since we first learned it existed -- long before booking. I never thought it would be an issue it just being 2 adults in the room but I noticed a posting earlier in this thread about it being for families. Would it be weird just the two of us participating? I'd really like to, even if it is only for others without kids on the ship as we have lots of things and ideas for adults as well as kids of all ages.

1a) Also, they told us we won't know our room assignment until almost boarding. Will this be a problem for FE?

2) Had a friend that took a cruise and she met up with others cruising at the same time and they had their rooms linked as friends so that they could buy one picture cd to share and one of them had brought a laptop and extra cd's to burn copies. Is that still possible to do? Would anyone be interested in doing that? It would be basically like sharing a photo pass at the parks.

Absolutly no problem with you joining into the FE. About half of the participants have no children. You will have your room number before the cruise and we will also have a meet and greet early on the ship for any changes also so we can meet everyone. Don't know anything about the cd's that sounds like something only dcl can ans. come and join us on facebook - we are quite the lively group. By the way Welcome

LadyJanel, it's funny you should mention that photo CD share. Once you are in the FB group, you will see a lady has just asked if anyone would be interested in doing this? Sign up with us!

When I posted my questions here originally I still hadn't been approved to join the FB group yet and didn't know how long that would take. In the mean time I called DCL and found out what we have to do to do the linking and stuff so we can go forward with it. See you on FB!

Well, none of us does Facebook. I didn't say that I'm 49, DW (44), and the Grandparents don't do it as well, so we'll have to rely on this forum for information.

We are trying to decide on shore excursions, but are having difficulty in deciding. We'd like to do some things together as a couple, but don't want to have the Grandparents feel like they are going to be baby sitters either. That being said, we'd like to do family things as well.

Viking! I do know that sometimes families will use the childcare services for a quick jaunt on the island as a couple..perhaps you both could do that (grandparents)...Trip Advisor has a great section on the two islands and St. John that might help you get ideas...and cruise critic.com has them separated by islands with lots of return cruisers sharing their experiences. I am sure you'll find some great things to do! We plan on renting a jeep in St. Maarten and heading down to Maho Beach, renting some chairs and just walking around...then in St. Thomas, we're taking the ferry over to St. John for snorkeling....one of our cruisers has offered to give families tips on how to snorkel...there's a big group of us...lots to do, I do know there's a little butterfly farm on one of the islands, your daughter may like that and the sky lift ride at St. Thomas?

The group is ordering wrist bands so we will know each other on the ship. If you are interested please let Nathan know right away.

Yes, Nathan will have some, he will bring them to the meet up on the ship so we can help identify each other! :)

1. ABSOLUTELY!!! We have always had couples on our FE route! My kids loved that they were getting into the joy of sharing!! I think sometimes there is a distinction with families b/c some people prepare gifts per person and others (like me..way too unorganized) just provide a kit per room...so we list ages and such for those trying to tailor their offerings. I'm so jealous that you've been planning and stocking away!! I'm in need of a big shove in that direction! :) No problem with room assignment, we'll go over rooms at the meet up..I can help print out lists for people and make sure we have them down right...some people upgrade at port so that will change their room as well. :)

2. I emailed you about participating...I saw where you called Disney...my one concern is if they can actually link the rooms together..I have heard differing results on this...some say they were told they could link but when they got their disc only one room was on them...so confusing!! I've heard that they will link immediate families only and one family had 20 going and they would only put mom/dad/kids on disc, making each room buy their own??

And Welcome Lady Jane!!!

We were on the April 21st sailing of the Fantasy, and we didn't think the food was very good, just so so.

Our experience with dining on the inaugural Hawaii cruise was very disappointing. One morning we went to brunch at Triton's and I got pancakes that were so hard I couldn't cut them with a knife...no joking. Much of the food was OK, but certainly not what it used to be in the past. I'm hoping that when all the ships' personnel has more experience, it will improve. I know they did a lot of hiring and moving CMs around. :confused3

Very cool! I hope everything that I have been hearing about being Aft isn't true. :confused3

We frequently sail in the aft section and think it's great. On the older ships, aft is so convenient; not sure about these new ships yet.

I'd be interested in wrist bands. How do I contact Nathan? What is his DIS name? Thanks!

we really want to do the fish extenders and the secret santa as we have been buying and saving up all kinds of little things for it since we first learned it existed -- long before booking. ... as we have lots of things and ideas for adults as well as kids of all ages.

I'm in a similar situation but for me it was as easy as opening my mom's old magic cupboard :smickey:( my mom collected everything! and had this cupboard if you ever needed a hostess gift, toy, party favor, joke, goodie bag, child bribe, party decoration, card, ... you name it she had it) I'm using FE to clear some of that stuff out. Not that I didn't pick and chose, but really its like my own private prepaid party supply store. So as a result I probably have too much stuff...but... where else am I going to use 24 pirate hats?pirate:

I'm in a similar situation but for me it was as easy as opening my mom's old magic cupboard :smickey:( my mom collected everything! and had this cupboard if you ever needed a hostess gift, toy, party favor, joke, goodie bag, child bribe, party decoration, card, ... you name it she had it) I'm using FE to clear some of that stuff out. Not that I didn't pick and chose, but really its like my own private prepaid party supply store. So as a result I probably have too much stuff...but... where else am I going to use 24 pirate hats?pirate:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

For the. Wristbands, contact Toontoy (Nathan)...he will set you up! :cool1:

Here is a real hummdinger for all of you... I have recently taken up the Ukulele and I Love it! (I Know that sounds a little goofy:goofy: but..)
I play it every night for about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. I find it relaxing and really enjoyable. The problem is.. I want to take it on the cruise with me, but as we are flying, it is too long for carry on and I REALLY don't want it to go in checked luggage (for fear of breakage). Any suggestions?:scratchin

If you want to get the wrist bands let me know, I do have the ones for the group and extra's. I can ship them ahead of time or bring to the ship. If you have questions pm me

thanks

nathan

Hey all,
Could someone post the link to the site that shows you what percent full your ship is?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter