• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy fans: April 7, 2012

Fine with me. Just throwing the idea out there. I have never had a trouble just showing up for a tasting without pre-booking at Guest Services.

I've experienced several SOLD-OUT tastings in the past. It really depends on the time of year (cruises in the off-season with more adults or really fully sailings during school breaks). That's why it's one of the early things to do once aboard, go to Guest Services to get tickets.

Here's an explanation of the door MAGNET EXCHANGE for those interested. You would simply place a magnet that you've bought or created onto the participating door on one of the first nights to decorate. With others participating, you door becomes a great display!

The magnets can be bought or crafted, personalized or representative of your region. Anything goes. It's meant to be cheap, cheerful and decorative.

This was our door in 2009:

imgp1688a.jpg

I've experienced several SOLD-OUT tastings in the past. It really depends on the time of year (cruises in the off-season with more adults or really fully sailings during school breaks). That's why it's one of the early things to do once aboard, go to Guest Services to get tickets.

And this being Spring Break/Easter we will likely be full.

I wen back and looked to see that I had missed a crucial step. The call was a notification that there would be a tasting and the individual was responsible for signing up and purchasing their tickets.

I guess it depends on if the tastings for the week are all announces at the beginning or if they are released the night before in the Navigator.

I am still willing to make the calls. Wave phone should allow quick dissemination of the information as well.

I gave my info to leslie and natasha the facebook group and added on the old thread but i dont see us on there for fish extender or magnets.
stagemaster 2 cabins kendra 33, krista 25, veronica 24, AnJaneen 35, and donna 59

I gave my info to leslie and natasha the facebook group and added on the old thread but i dont see us on there for fish extender or magnets.
stagemaster 2 cabins kendra 33, krista 25, veronica 24, AnJaneen 35, and donna 59

Hello Stagemaster.

I am not sure if you have the correct thread as we have not formed a FB group. I looked at your previous posts and see that it is on the thread for the April 14 sailing.

If you are sailing with us instead/also you are of course welcome to join our roll call, FE and magnet exchange. I just want to make sure you have posted in the correct sailing.:)

And this being Spring Break/Easter we will likely be full.

I wen back and looked to see that I had missed a crucial step. The call was a notification that there would be a tasting and the individual was responsible for signing up and purchasing their tickets.

I guess it depends on if the tastings for the week are all announces at the beginning or if they are released the night before in the Navigator.

I am still willing to make the calls. Wave phone should allow quick dissemination of the information as well.

This will be the second 'official' sailing of the Disney Fantasy (outside of the numerous test/staff/media sailings prior, as the Dream showed). So we won't know what's offered until you get on the ship. Reviewing past Navigators certainly help define what is offered. There's obviously more activities offered on these bigger ships than the Magic/Wonder. For instance, the Champagne tasting was new to the Dream because of the introduction of the Pink Champagne Bar.

If any sessions are undersubscribed during the week, they will certainly promote it in the Navigator to get people out.

I recall on my last sailing on the Dream, where there was no published list of these tasting events, and the Cast Member at Guest Services had to manually search on their booking computer and write out each of the events on a piece of paper for me to review.

Essentially Christopher, I want you to enjoy your cruise and not to burden yourself with calling other guests to rally them out for these tastings. I feel this is something people here can assuredly handle. :cool2:

This will be the second 'official' sailing of the Disney Fantasy (outside of the numerous test/staff/media sailings prior, as the Dream showed). So we won't know what's offered until you get on the ship. Reviewing past Navigators certainly help define what is offered. There's obviously more activities offered on these bigger ships than the Magic/Wonder. For instance, the Champagne tasting was new to the Dream because of the introduction of the Pink Champagne Bar.

If any sessions are undersubscribed during the week, they will certainly promote it in the Navigator to get people out.

I recall on my last sailing on the Dream, where there was no published list of these tasting events, and the Cast Member at Guest Services had to manually search on their booking computer and write out each of the events on a piece of paper for me to review.

Essentially Christopher, I want you to enjoy your cruise and not to burden yourself with calling other guests to rally them out for these tastings. I feel this is something people here can assuredly handle. :cool2:

Thanks Gary. Both for the helpful info and the gentle reminder to take it easy and enjoy myself. 6 years as a Cast Member at WDW with the last 3 at MK Guest Relations, the helping get things going for everyone is still second nature to me. Even though it has been over 8 years since I left and moved to Switzerland. But you are right this is my vacation to enjoy too.

I will put a visit to Guest Services as I board to ask about the tastings on my to do list.

Hey, no worries. That being said, maybe it makes sense to have a list of people's intentions for tastings on post #3. For that matter, we are intending to get tickets for Wine, Margarita and Champagne tasting - see me lining up for these once on board.

I'm not so much into the beer tasting as it covers too many strong, dark brews to my liking (prefer pilsners and lagers). As well, you really have to be a gin fan to appreciate the martini tasting. My wife only liked the Cosmopolitans and I only like the Dirty Martini.

Yes please sign us up for the magnet exchange , after seeing the door pics I really want to take part. We decorate our door anyway so the more the merrier:rotfl2:

Good morning! Just wanted to chime in on the discussion regarding tastings and such.

Our last cruise was the 11cruise night holiday cruise on the Magic in 2009the and the DISmeet group was pretty big. Anyhow there was a member of our group who was booked in concierge and were able to set up a Palo brunch and a couple different private tastings .. those of us who wanted to do this had to give our stateroom numbers to the person making arrangements and our onboard accounts were charged before sailing. I'm not sure if anyone here is concierge and/or is interested in doing this but I thought I'd just share what we were able to schedule as a group on our last trip.

Sorry for any typos...I'm typing on my DROID!!!

Good morning! Just wanted to chime in on the discussion regarding tastings and such.

Our last cruise was the 11cruise night holiday cruise on the Magic in 2009the and the DISmeet group was pretty big. Anyhow there was a member of our group who was booked in concierge and were able to set up a Palo brunch and a couple different private tastings .. those of us who wanted to do this had to give our stateroom numbers to the person making arrangements and our onboard accounts were charged before sailing. I'm not sure if anyone here is concierge and/or is interested in doing this but I thought I'd just share what we were able to schedule as a group on our last trip.

Sorry for any typos...I'm typing on my DROID!!!

I am not aware of anyone being in Concierge. No one has indicated so for the FE.

We are over 50 posts already which is great but it still seems as thought there are just a few of us posting. I hope that all the others who have not chimed in on the new thread have not lost us.

I sent PM's to everyone who had posted since the MV was moved but if people don't check in on the DISboards without a email notification that something has been posted, we may never see them again.

Hmmmmm:confused3

I sent PM's to everyone who had posted since the MV was moved but if people don't check in on the DISboards without a email notification that something has been posted, we may never see them again.

You might have to send emails to them directly instead relying on the PMs. Wait at least a week between communications attempts.

How convenient that there are 7 lounges on board that we can arrange an evening adult night cap in a new setting each evening.

Perhaps this a way to end your day with a little conversation amongst adults while also taking the opportunity to enjoy some of the adult only areas of the ship.

Not necessarily needing to keep these in this order but just a preliminary idea:
April 7.....Bon Voyage on Deck 3 Midship
April 8.....La Piazza, Deck 4 Aft
April 9.....O'Gills Pub, Deck 4 Aft
April 10...Skyline, Deck 4 Aft
April 11...Meridian, Deck 12 Aft
April 12...Ooh La La, Deck 4 Aft
April 13...The Tube, Deck 4 Aft

Perhaps we will wnat to adjust these based upon the allocation of Formal nights, etc. Not sure what the usual schedule for those on a 7 night itinerary is and if they will keep that for the Fantasy.

Just tossing out another idea for Meets.

How convenient that there are 7 lounges on board that we can arrange an evening adult night cap in a new setting each evening.

Perhaps this a way to end your day with a little conversation amongst adults while also taking the opportunity to enjoy some of the adult only areas of the ship.

Not necessarily needing to keep these in this order but just a preliminary idea:
April 7.....Bon Voyage on Deck 3 Midship
April 8.....La Piazza, Deck 4 Aft
April 9.....O'Gills Pub, Deck 4 Aft
April 10...Skyline, Deck 4 Aft
April 11...Meridian, Deck 12 Aft
April 12...Ooh La La, Deck 4 Aft
April 13...The Tube, Deck 4 Aft

Perhaps we will wnat to adjust these based upon the allocation of Formal nights, etc. Not sure what the usual schedule for those on a 7 night itinerary is and if they will keep that for the Fantasy.

Just tossing out another idea for Meets.

I'm just now realizing how close we are going to be to the night life on deck 5! Close to the kids clubs and the night life...what a great combination for some spontaneous adult only time!

The other Family traveling with us would also like to join the Magnet exchange... Meeting in lounges would be a great time for some relaxing adult time. My Daughter's can't wait to go to the kids clubs.

Can we perhaps set a cut-off date/time for the exchanges?

We need to get a sense of numbers/quantities plus allow enough time for preparation. :rolleyes1

The other Family traveling with us would also like to join the Magnet exchange... Meeting in lounges would be a great time for some relaxing adult time. My Daughter's can't wait to go to the kids clubs.

Have added them to the exchange as well. Could you PM me your cabin numbers please.

THe kids have their clubs and so do we adults. Plenty to choose from actually.

Can we perhaps set a cut-off date/time for the exchanges?

We need to get a sense of numbers/quantities plus allow enough time for preparation. :rolleyes1

Original date of cut off was set for March 16. But I have moved that up to March 9 which will allow 4 weeks of preparation time. Hope that is enough for everyone.

This information as well as sign up information has also been added to Message #3.

Could you PM with your cabin number as well please?

Funny you should post about the lounges.

I was scanning disney cruise website yesterday looking at the Fantasy and mentioned to DH about all the lovely lounges. When he looked at them he commented that it looked like we will be making good use of the kids clubs to try some of these :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter