• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Faire Question

The show is in an outdoor theater in the Fantasy Faire; the meet & greet is a different building with its own line.

That said, I'm soooo glad we did the meet & greet. We did it after dinner and didn't wait more than 20 minutes, and my girls got to chat with all three princesses and even dance with Cinderella. I thought it would just be pictures but each princess took time to chat with them and didn't make them feel rushed, and the Photopass photographer took pics of all of it. :goodvibes

If the park is busy, it looked like you needed to be at the theater at least 15 minutes early if not more. When we were there on Saturday a couple of weeks ago we walked past when the 4:30 show was just a couple of minutes from starting. It was completely full with people standing around the perimeter of the theater to watch too.

Is the fantasy faire show worth viewing for a 13 year old girl and her mom and grandma?

It's NOT Aladdin quality, but it's a respectable diversion if you're already in the area. Is your 13 year old still into princesses or would she prefer a real show like Aladdin or something else (like Space Mountain!)?

If you do decide to go, I personally don't think it's worth the time to go super early to get a seat. It was fully packed and roped off 15 minutes before the show started, so I can only imagine how early folks went to get good seats. We ended up in the standing area outside of the theater. It's taped off so there's still room for folks to pass by on the walkway. You can still hear and see most things. The show itself is short (not as long as Aladdin) and I thought it was a funny and clever take on the classic tale. We saw Beauty and the Beast, though I didn't see the entire show as I left during the show to grab FP while DH and DDs stayed to watch.

Thank you for the show info. Smiles33! We have been to DCA and Disneyland many many times...but haven't been there in 3 years...so just trying to figure if this new area/show would be worth spending time at. We leave in 3 and a half weeks....so excited!! :cheer2:

Thank you E&Cmom!

The show is in an outdoor theater in the Fantasy Faire; the meet & greet is a different building with its own line.

That said, I'm soooo glad we did the meet & greet. We did it after dinner and didn't wait more than 20 minutes, and my girls got to chat with all three princesses and even dance with Cinderella. I thought it would just be pictures but each princess took time to chat with them and didn't make them feel rushed, and the Photopass photographer took pics of all of it. :goodvibes

If the park is busy, it looked like you needed to be at the theater at least 15 minutes early if not more. When we were there on Saturday a couple of weeks ago we walked past when the 4:30 show was just a couple of minutes from starting. It was completely full with people standing around the perimeter of the theater to watch too.

Good to know. I got the photopass+ so maybe it would be worth it to do the m&g. If it's not rushed it could be a good photo op. Thank you!

Thank you E&Cmom!

Good to know. I got the photopass+ so maybe it would be worth it to do the m&g. If it's not rushed it could be a good photo op. Thank you!

We got the PhotoPass+ and it was awesome. The photographers got more than just the typical posed photos of my girls. They caught some candid ones of the girls smiling at the princesses, twirling with the princesses, etc. Totally worth the 15 minute wait on the afternoon we went. It also moves quickly now that there are actually two meeting areas (6 princesses total, but your kids never know that there is another set through the other door). I remember the old PFF seemed to take forever to get through the line, even when we went first thing in the morning!

The CMs take tons of pictures. I don't know if the show is the same as last summer but I thought it was great that DD got to dance w/ the princesses and it interact.

I watched both shows at the fantasy faire theater, really, really fun, like a Shakespeare in the park kind of experience. I was surprised at how good it was, and appealing to little kids as well as adults and teens. There is a meet and greet inside the theatre after the show. If you leave the attraction you won't be let back in, so if you want to meet rapunzel or belle, stay behind a few minutes and get in line near the stage left area.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Beauty and the Beast show that I saw a couple weeks ago. It was very popular and really fun! Definitely want to check out the Rapunzel one now. :goodvibes

My entire family (including myself) enjoyed the Tangled Show very much. It was entertaining and humorous.

I will say get there early as it often fills up.

I was just looking at the official Disneyland website and I can't find anything that says when the shows start. I really want to do BBB, then FF and then meet the rest of our family (hubby and sons) and have la late unch at AG to top off a princess filled morning. I need times!:)

The show times are posted outside the Theater. When we were there the first show was at 9:45 (I think) and the park had opened at 8:00 that day.

I was just looking at the official Disneyland website and I can't find anything that says when the shows start. I really want to do BBB, then FF and then meet the rest of our family (hubby and sons) and have la late unch at AG to top off a princess filled morning. I need times!:)

I would love to know this too!

I would love to know this too!

This week the showtimes were:
11:05am, 12:15pm, and 1:30pm. We went to the Rapunzel show at 12:15.

Most days there are 6 shows. When we were there opening week, the first 3 were Rapunzel and the last 3 were Beauty. They ran from 11-5. The shows are only a month old so I don't know if they have a set daily schedule locked in yet.

They are fun to watch though!

ETA: Looked at my times guide. Doh! It lists them all in it:

Mon- Thurs: 11:05, 12:15, 1:30, 3:15, 4:30, 5:45
Fri-Sun: 9:45, 11:00, 12:15, 2:00, 3:15, 4:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter