• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy-End of May full

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Our last few cruises have been at the end of May and there has always been lots of availability and a few times Florida resident specials. We did not book on board last year because we thought we were done cruising LOL.

When we booked last night I was surprised to find that the May 23rd only had veranda cabins available and we got the last inside cabin on the May 30th cruise. It must be a really cold winter!!

Our last few cruises have been at the end of May and there has always been lots of availability and a few times Florida resident specials. We did not book on board last year because we thought we were done cruising LOL.

When we booked last night I was surprised to find that the May 23rd only had veranda cabins available and we got the last inside cabin on the May 30th cruise. It must be a really cold winter!!

May 30th is getting ready to have 2 more inside rooms available. I have friends who are canceling. But I will be on it with you:cool1:

I thought May was "off season". Last year when we went around the first of May all the way up to the cruise there were still a lot of rooms left. When we sailed all rooms were sold. This year we booked first of May and a lot of the rooms are sold already. I sure hope Disney doesn't up the price for that time of year. It's the only way we can afford to go.

I thought May was "off season". Last year when we went around the first of May all the way up to the cruise there were still a lot of rooms left. When we sailed all rooms were sold. This year we booked first of May and a lot of the rooms are sold already. I sure hope Disney doesn't up the price for that time of year. It's the only way we can afford to go.

Late May is busier. Georgia schools are nearly all out by then and rushing to Disney to beat the summer crowd!

16 family members going on May 23. Last couple booked right before Christmas and barely were able to find an affordable cabin. I guess from now on I will stress early booking for this time of year.

Due to mandated testing in schools, everything after the test is now "wasted time" so more and more school districts are starting in August and ending by Memorial Day. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that the traditional school year has shifted. (At least in California. And as other posters have said in other states too)

Yep they are getting out earlier. We homeschool but the local school system is getting out on May 22nd this year.

I was surprised that our cruise at the first of May was full last time. We thought about trying to a upgrade this next May but last time they wanted full price to upgrade. I guess because they had sold so many staterooms. We always book a room we want just in case there aren't any options or it is too expensive to upgrade but it is always fun trying to see what they offer. :goodvibes

I have a verandah room that was just cancelled so that I could switch to December 5th with my family ;);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter