Fantasy Eastern June 2 Excursions Suggestions?

newdvc09

Earning My Ears
Need help with recommended tours. We booked this last minute and don't have a time to research. We are a family of four with DD 15 and DS 11.

We have read a lot about people loving Bernard's, would like to hear more details about the tour.

We have also looked at St Martian Cruise Excursions.com, does anyone have experience using this vendor. Not sure about booking on our own.

We are looking to do one bigger excursion and one smaller (or on our own) recommendations would be great for both options on either island.

Is there one island better to self tour than the other?

Thanks,

It really depends on what you want to do. I find St. Maarten easier on your own if you just want a beach day as there is one a "not too long" walk from the tender area. On the other hand, Coki Beach in St Thomas is not very busy, an easy taxi ride, etc. You can also stay in the port area in St. Thomas and do the cable car ride. Your kids are a bit old for the butterfly farm, etc. You can easily pay for an island tour at the port area on either island.

What are you looking for? My 20something will tell you that one island looks a lot like the next island and she's seen them. Snorkeling? A boating adventure? Bike around an island? Scuba?(if certified).

If you are into Star Wars, there is a store in St. Maarten (easy walk from the tender pier) called "That Yoda Guy." Unique. He worked on the original Star Wars and is a great story teller.

Need help with recommended tours. We booked this last minute and don't have a time to research. We are a family of four with DD 15 and DS 11.

We have read a lot about people loving Bernard's, would like to hear more details about the tour.

We have also looked at St Martian Cruise Excursions.com, does anyone have experience using this vendor. Not sure about booking on our own.

We are looking to do one bigger excursion and one smaller (or on our own) recommendations would be great for both options on either island.

Is there one island better to self tour than the other?

Thanks,
I highly recommend Bernards Tours in St Maarten. The guide was awesome and they do a great tour of the Island including the beach where the airplanes fly right over.

We are on the same cruise. Just a few days and cannot wait! We have booked with Bernard's for St. Maarten. There are also two private groups booked with Bernard's as well from the ship. Each one is doing something different I think. We are just booked with the normal excursion. We also booked through DCL in St Thomas the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Honeymoon Beach. It has received a lot of good reviews here on the DIS boards. It will be DW, DD(15), DS(8), and myself. Maybe we will see you on the cruise.

Just off the Fantasy...sadly! So happy that you guys still have a great vacation to look forward to! You will love every minute, we did!

St. Martin was ok. We did see that Yoda Guy place and we personally were really let down by it. We had found it online a few weeks before cruising and it was the first thing on our list to do that day. We were really excited to see it. It was a letdown though....

St. Thomas we went to Coral World and did the Sea Lion swim. We booked it ourselves through Coral World. By far one of the best adventures! Coral World is beautiful. The staff is really nice. Swimming with the Sea Lion was very fun! I would highly sugest it!

You will enjoy the Fantasy so much though, it's almost a punishment getting off in port:rotfl2: we usually were back early every port day!

Have fun and enjoy! Remember planning to just kick back and relax and enjoy it planning something! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter