Fantasy - Dining Rotation

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
Looking for opinions on what dining rotation to request. We will be sailing on the Fantasy September 10, 2016 (embarkation day will be our 28th wedding anniversary) and there will be 6 adults and a 4 year old. Any thoughts? Traditionally from what I've been reading this has been a Halloween themed cruise.

Looking for opinions on what dining rotation to request. We will be sailing on the Fantasy September 10, 2016 (embarkation day will be our 28th wedding anniversary) and there will be 6 adults and a 4 year old. Any thoughts? Traditionally from what I've been reading this has been a Halloween themed cruise.
There's really no need to request a specific rotation (unless you have some personal reason for being in XX dining room on X day). Everyone onboard will have the same opportunity to dine from the same menus in the same dining rooms during the cruise. One rotation really isn't any "better" than another.

We've never requested a specific rotation, and we've had formal nights as well as Pirate nights in all the various dining rooms.

We always request a rotation where we're at Animator's Palate for 3 nights. I like having pirate night in there, because they do Pirates of the Caribbean concept art and play the music from the movies, which I enjoy. Personally, I could take or leave the Enchanted Garden, so I'd prefer not to end up with that 3 times by random chance.

We always request a rotation where we're at Animator's Palate for 3 nights. I like having pirate night in there, because they do Pirates of the Caribbean concept art and play the music from the movies, which I enjoy. Personally, I could take or leave the Enchanted Garden, so I'd prefer not to end up with that 3 times by random chance.

Thanks so much for the tip!

I'm with you. We've never requested a specific rotation and luckily got exactly what we wanted... Until last year. The one MDR that we like the least (EG) was where we ended up for 3 nights.

We like the same rotation as you though. I emailed GS this week and he told that they don't take requests for that anymore. Guess I'll have to give them a call instead.

I think we had AP three nights, with AP falling on our last night.. and on the last night, our menu was a little different from the other MDRs when I compared. I think we didn't really have a choice of appetizers and the entrees were limited too, I think. It was strange.

I've decided that AP on the last night is no longer my favorite. With Disney changing the time midway through the cruise and going back that last night, it was hard for my son the stay awake the whole time and dinner service was slow. (And we were in first seating!). So now I think I will request royal court 3 times...

I'm with you. We've never requested a specific rotation and luckily got exactly what we wanted... Until last year. The one MDR that we like the least (EG) was where we ended up for 3 nights.

We like the same rotation as you though. I emailed GS this week and he told that they don't take requests for that anymore. Guess I'll have to give them a call instead.

Curious. We put in a rotation request just a few weeks ago. If that has changed, it is recent and very disappointing.

Curious. We put in a rotation request just a few weeks ago. If that has changed, it is recent and very disappointing.
I thought I read a while back they stopped taking these requests, but I can't find it anywhere. My wife was asking me this question just this morning. We went ahead and put in a request for our preferred rotation. We'll see what happens

Never felt it advantageous to request a specific dining rotation. Especially true on a 7-night sailing where you will be in each dining room more than once. Just go with whatever you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter