• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy, December 6, 2014 - Who is going to fill this Big Ship? Step on up!

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been a little MIA recently! Been very busy lately! Cannot wait for this trip! We've just recently finalized details on going to Disney World prior to this cruise. We will be flying down from Ohio on thursday and staying at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa! We will be doing the Christmas Party on Friday night as well! Then obviously, an amazing week at Sea on the beautiful Fantasy with y'all!

Anyone else doing the Christmas Party on that Friday?

We're working on it, too. Dustin. At this point, we're looking at staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek on Disney property, though at the moment we have reservations in Cape Canaveral for the Friday/Saturday overnight.

We're thinking of coming down a couple days early and doing WDW ourselves.

My family will be sailing December 6 2014, we have never done this exchange but have seen it on the last two cruises we went on, my kids are 11 and 7 and I think they would love this

Cruises Carnival 4 day Bahamas 2007,Bahamas Disney Dream 5 day Bahamas 2010, Disney Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean 2013

Hi Slfsc and welcome to our site. So far, we've been a quiet, small group yet we're all very enthusiastic about the upcoming trip.

I don't know if you're on Facebook, but we have a page for our group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/324159984379743/
Check us out there.

I'm also in charge of the FE exchange, if you would like to participate. On that page in the file tab, I've recently posted our list of participants to date.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to add you to our list.

Again, Welcome!!!
Terry

My family will be on the Fantasy for the Dec. 6th cruise. We will have 4 adjoinging cabins with verandah on deck 9. We will have 3 generations traveling. It is just me these days so my son will be rooming with me, he is 24, single, and hoping to meet a younger crew to party with.:worship: We are all very excited and I plan on getting fish extenders for our cabins this time. I am a cruiser and have many under my belt with our first cruise with Disney same time last year... nobody does it like Disney!@! We loved it! Looking forward to an awesome trip!!

Well, I booked us and put down significant money-------------we will be on the Fantasy for Dec. 6!!!! Yeah! Has anyone heard anything about an FE yet?

oops------------I didn't read this message before I posted mine----------------looks like we get to be a part of an FE for this cruise as well-----------so excited

What will I do with mysellf until December.....my clan is in...we have 4 adjoining cabins on deck 9 .....3 generations....my son will be along....we are both solo...he will be looking for a yoinger crew to hang with for the after party:mic:...he is 24...my daughter and her husband....my mom and dad....sister and niece... I have ordered everybody"s fish extenders and already have some gifts in tow....tick tock tick tock...I am going to have to go on a cruise before THE cruise.....I am ready NOW..smile:cool1:

Cannot wait for the CP tickets to be on sale ... still have some time, but excited to hear who is coming and get our dinner package. :santa:

Booked our first family Disney cruise with our new born. More excited for my husband to be, he has never been on a Disney cruise before. First time mom here and bringing my mother along to help. Having a baby gives us a reason to enjoy Disney even more. Want to join the fish extender group and any adults that wish to meet up for a drink (adults only)

Who as been on the Fantasy?
Advise on how to join fish extender group?
What excursions have you signed up for?

Just booked SWA for the nine of us!

Also booked the MCO Hyatt for my son and his family.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Is there a meet and greet the night before our cruise for the MVMCP Dec 5…
Where is everyone staying the night before?

Locals like me have to drive, Radisson offers a cruise parking package, one night stays allows you to park your vehicle there the length of your cruise, and shuttle to and from the port. No additional cost, just one night stay.

Debating the CP the night before and staying in Orlando or driving to the port the night before so we can get on the ship early.

Hi, everyone! Wow, I"m surprised at how short this thread is. The last time I cruised on the Fantasy we had hundreds of pages of posts by now, I'm sure. I was on the ship in Dec 2012 and will be returning with this cruise. DH and I are Disney cruising vets- I think this one will be cruise number 8. I've lost track to tell you the truth.

I haven't really done any planning for the cruise yet although I guess it is time to start looking for excursions.

It will be me, Karen 56, Douglas 55, Yvonne 7x, and John 6x on this cruise. We are from WI and my inlaws are from PA. We are doing 3 days at WDW before the cruise currently at VWL and then 3 days after cruise at BWV. We cruised together in Alaska with Princess and once before with Disney on the Western Caribbean in 2010.

I sent a request to join the FB group now that I read this thread and caught up.

Hi Everyone, my family and I will be joining you all on this cruise! We are super excited! We are (at the time of sailing):
DH: Kevin (51)
Myself: Shannon (45)
DD: Sarah (16)
DDF: Larry (17) (daughter's friend)
This will be our sixth Disney cruise, but the first on the Fantasy. We are thrilled to finally be sailing on her as we've been on all the others. Just need to go back on the Magic now that she's been re-imagined. We love all things Disney and can't wait to meet and get to know all of you. We did the fish extender on our last cruise and really enjoyed it, but aren't sure we will have the time to participate in this one. I did send a request to join the FB group. :)

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've visited the DisBoards and I apologize. Welcome aboard and hope to meet each and everyone of you on this cruise!!

For those interested in the FE gift exchange, I'm the one who is in charge of it. I posted a couple pages back all the information you will need to become familiar with the exchange. It's a lot of fun.

I'm mostly on Facebook. We have a group page for our cruise. It's a closed group, which means that it's only for those going on the trip. Here is a link to request to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/324159984379743/

Currently, we have 23 cabins signed up for the FE gift exchange, with 14 boys/16 girls. Come join us or send me a private message on this sight. I'll be more frequent now that we are getting closer to the cruise and more people are visiting this board.

We've been a VERY quiet thread. Our last two Disney cruises we had to open a new thread because we surpassed the allowed number of posts for the first one. It could be the timing of the trip -after Thanksgiving / before Christmas kind of thing.

I'd like to personally welcome each of you. Can't wait for the cruise....

Terry (happytime)

FantasyFamily is our Disboard name, FB is Samantha S. Agricola
We are in state rooms,8591, 8590 and 8592. We have 4 adults and 4 children. (kids- 3 girls, 14, 12, 10 and one boy age 4) I don't know the details of which people are sleeping in which cabin but as soon as I do I will update.

We have a cheese allergy and don't eat pork. That's about it.

Yes please include us in EVERYTHING. We are sooooo excited. This will be our 6th week on the Fantasy and we absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are sailing as well - family of 5 with 2 boys ages 9 and 7 and one princess age 4 - first time on the Fantasy and can't wait. I am thinking of joining the FE as soon as I figure out how to lol!

Reposting from previous post.

Fish Extender Information for Disney Fantasy Cruise December 6, 2014:cool1::cool1:

Hi Everyone,

As you might have read, I'll be heading up the FE exchange. Here is some vital information you'll need to know.

FE (Fish extender) is a fun "game" of sorts that is like a Secret Santa type idea. Fish extender is a pocket panel/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom.

Families that join the FE group hang the FE panel/bag outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the other participants in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extenders. Who doesn't love presents?
It's a ton of fun AND not just for kids.

Participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange will be limited to those who sign up PRIOR to the designated deadline(s). This is to encourage participation in the thread and to lessen the last-minute rush for those who DO sign-up late, which could happen. It also gives everyone adequate time to prepare supplies.

While we are a small group, we are probably going to grow between now and cruise. Therefore, I think it would be best to set up a limit on how many will be in any one group before we would have to create a second list. This setup would then allow everyone who are on budgets to know just how many people are in their particular group. However, if YOU would like to be included in all FE groups formed, you are more than welcome. I'm thinking that participants for each list should be cut-of somewhere when we reach 20 (more or less) staterooms.

All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Saturday, Dec 6, until 4 p.m. on Friday, December 12. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of December 13.:eek:

As for the gifts...you can either give one gift to each cabin or a gift to each person in the cabin. It is the thought that counts. There are no strict rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum $ value). Gifts can be homemade or store bought, Disney, non-Disney, totally up to you!!
:rolleyes1

Please feel free to attach your DISboard's or family name to your gift so we can know who to thank:)

We will have 3 deadlines for those signing up for the cruise.
1. The 1st deadline would end about 2 1/2 months before sailing (Sunday, September 21, 2014).
2. The 2nd deadline would be for those who possibly sign up late or after Disney's final payment is due. This deadline date would be November 6, one month from sailing.
3. The last deadline will be for those who literally want to participate between Nov 6 and December 1 <--this is the 3rd deadline.

What do I need to know for now is the following::idea:
1. DISboard name (if you have one) and FB name,
2. stateroom #, names of adults and children (gender and ages) in the cabin,
3. any other pertinent information i.e. celebrations, allergies, and anything else you want us to know,
4. if you want to be included in ALL, most of, or how many FE lists that are made, and then finally,
5. your email address..I will email the final list to all participants.

IF you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say whatever you are comfortable with.

After the sign-up deadline of Dec. 1, I will complete the list and email all participants a copy. Then you'll know how many FE gifts to prepare with the cabin number of where to deliver it.:yay::yay:

If you upgrade at the port or make a cabin change, changes can be made to everyone's final copies at the meet and greet on embarkation day (or whenever we decide to meet).

Here are couple threads on the subject:

Fish extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t-1219607

Homemade FE Gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

Last time I cruised, I broke my ankle 5 days before cruise date and had to change cabins. There were a lot of people on the FE list and there were some who didn't know which stateroom we had been reassigned.

Therefore, I will make extra copies that will be posted outside our stateroom door, should you need to check a last minute change.

Please private message me on FB or you can email me at terrific_1@charter.net I hope we have a nice turn-out on this event. It's a LOT of fun!!!! and as an adult without children under 20, even WE love to participate in this fun game.:cool2:

Disclaimer: This guideline itself came primarily from another DISboard member meganvyemarie who sailed on an earlier cruise this year.

We are also on Facebook with a private group for our cruise. You will find on inside the group (FB) a tab named 'files' where you can view the FE list already in progress. It's up-to-date as of last week. Included at the bottom of this post, you'll find the link to that page. You'll have join the group to view anything, though.

With the recent activity here, I'll be adding the names as I get them onto the file. I have two files currently...one that is posted on a FB file and one private on my home computer--this last one has your email addresses. The FB doesn't have emails. The email addresses are for two reasons: 1. I'll send you a copy before I post your listing so that you can see if I need to change anything, and 2. I'll be sending information more toward the end with the final list...should information change concerning a fellow passenger. Our last cruise I broke an ankle 5 days before sailing. Hubby and I had a cabin change to a handicap room from regular and many DID NOT get the information because who checks their FE list information days before leaving for the cruise. This includes me. LOL And Because of this situation, I believe we are planning to have a very BRIEF "meet and greet" on day of sailing but before we sail to get the FINAL list and to make changes to rooms assignments, if there is any.

We, the group on FB, are going to be splitting the FE gift exchange list when it gets to 30, which means we will close that group and another list will begin. We are currently at 24 cabins participating.

There will be several lists, I'm sure. When we get to 30, we'll close as already said. Then when the next list gets to 20-25, we'll close that list We'll continue to do this until 90 days before sailing. Then we will start a new list from 90 days to 30 days before sailing. Then yet again another for those who want to be in an FE group 30 days to 1 week before sailing. I have a list on the FE list where you can tell me if you want to be in ALL, Partial (meaning you want to be in more than one group, but not all) and ONE (meaning you want to be in just the group you are in.

We, my family, are very excited about the cruise and looking forward to meeting you all.

Here is the link to our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/324159984379743/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter