Fantasy cruise September 6, 2014 Fish Extender

erikacortes30

Earning My First Cruising Ears
*****This awesome fish extender group is closed!*****

Is your family as excited as ours? This is our families first Disney Cruise and one thing my husband and I are crossing off our bucket list. We want to be able to get the entire experience and be able to give our boy the same. This forum is for those families who would like to participate in the Fish Extender (FE) Exchange Group for the September 6th 2014 Disney Fantasy Cruise! We will be closing this forum after we have 7 families to participate. We have such a small group because we understand that with this length of cruise and all the necessities you will be packing space is limited. Please tell us about your family. If your rather keep this information to only the families in the exchange please feel free to send me a personal email at erikacortes30 @hotmail.com.
*DISboard username
*Family last name(s)
*Cabin number
*First names or nicknames, ages of kids in cabin and if they are boy or girl
*Include any information describing each person:
*Profession
*Hobbies
*Favorite Disney character
*Special celebrations for the family or individual
**I have seen mini alcoholic beverages as FE gift. Please include if the adults would prefer not to receive this as a gift.
* An email address for your family
My family is so excited about this exchange especially my boys (husband)!
Here are a few things to remember:
1. The gift exchange will start on Saturday 6th and end on Friday the 12th.
2. Each family will have an assigned day. This gives each family 1 turn to be the gift giver and 6 days of fun surprises. Once we have 7 participating families I will send out a sign up list with the day you wish to be the gift giving family.
3. Minimum is 1 gift but you are always welcome to give more. Gifts can be given to each individual person, or to a family as a whole. (Email me with questions about gifts. I’ve been doing a lot of research as you probably have too!)
4. As silly as it sounds don’t forget your fish extender! There are many tutorials on Pintrest on how to make your own or you can purchase them on Etsy.
5. Your family will want to keep your FE as a reminder of a great time. With that said bring something to secure it. I’ve heard that zip ties work well.
6. Many forums and Pins recommend giving a thank you note to those in your group.
I don’t know about you guys but I am already having sleepless nights full of excitement and at this point we are about 6 months away! Please feel free to contact me at erikacortes30 @hotmail.com with any questions, comments or concerns. Like I said before this is our first Disney cruise so any ideas from veteran families is welcome!
Thanks!!!

First of all I love how you've organized this FE to be one family per day. I've done cruises with 30-40 plus cabins to contend with and it gets quite overwhelming.

My husband and I would love to join your Fish Extender group.

My online DIS name: obslady
Last Name: Parrack
Cabin: GTY
Names: David "OB" and Brandy

A bit about us:
My husband's name is David, but he goes by OB at home (Old & Bald). He answers to it faster than is given name. He works full time for a blueprinting company. His favorite Disney character is Grumpy.

I'm a stay at home mom of 2 children. My daughter is 18 and she's just moved back home after trying life on her own since December (funny how fast they realize life's tough in the real world and things really do cost money). I also have a 13 year old son with Asperger who I homeschool, but he does go to public school part time since I got sick last year. My favorite Disney character would have to be Tink. I just love the pixie haircut.

Unfortunately, I've been spending 2014 recovering from nearly a year in the hospital. This is our "get away" in celebration of my recovery and learning to walk again. I'm not quite there, but with the cruise as incentive, I'll be there by September.

It will be just the two of us, even though our FE has pockets for our entire family.

My husband wouldn't mind receiving alcoholic beverages as FE gifts, but I do not drink and have been in recovery for 5 years. It doesn't bother me though, so don't let that deter you from providing him a fine adult beverage. I'm a huge lover of flavored and specialty coffees though.

If you have questions, feel free to email me at obslady@centurylink.net . Looking forward to meeting so many new Dis Cruisers this September.

Brandy Parrack

Hello Brandy!
It's so nice to hear from you! You are the first to reply to my Fish extender! Thank you! This will be our first cruise and was a little overwhelmed when I read that the fish extender groups will do 25 cabins! I really hope that others will join as well. I have reached out to others to post this group with no success. Email me your email so I can start getting a spread sheet together. I'm really very excited to hear from you. I hope by the time the cruise come we can at least have 5 more families! We will keep in touch!

My parents and I are so excited to be a part of the FE exchange!!! Not 100% on our room number so I will answer all the questions when I get home tonight!

My parents and I are so excited to be a part of the FE exchange!!! Not 100% on our room number so I will answer all the questions when I get home tonight!

Welcome to the group :wave2::welcome::wave2:. No problem if you don't have your room number yet. My husband and I had a verandah room with number, but recently changed it for an 8A GTY. We may not have our new room number for a month or so. More than anything, we just can't wait to get on the beach and enjoy some adult time together :beach:

Looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about you.

Welcome Cheshirecat91! We are so excited you joined! Please forward me all the info about you and your parents! I know the rooms haven't been assigned yet so just email me the rest if the info or post it on the thread whatever makes you more comfortable. I'll be putting together a spread sheet and emailing it to everyone as soon as we get a few more families in board! Can't wait to enjoy the sun and sand with everyone!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise! pixiedust:

Hello guys!

I would love to join this FE group! I have done one FE group on a Disney Cruise and while it was great fun the 22+ cabins ended up being a little too big of a group for us. The presents were great, but I like the idea of being able to dedicate more of my bag to vacation goodies, and making more quality gifts for you guys! I also will be happier to hopefully do one for each person, not each stateroom (I always felt bad leaving a blank pocket!)...

Anyway, my name is Mallory and this will be my fourth Disney cruise! I have sailed every ship except the Magic and LOVE DCL. I will be traveling with my boyfriend Jackson and plan to have an intimate little vacation with him (we don't do the meet & greets but love the FE's so we can still have fun yet keep to ourselves for the most part).

Info:
DIS name: Malztrom
Cabin #10042
Mallory & Jackson
We both LOVE Disney. Everything Disney. Parks, characters, you name it. We are also huge geeks so of course Marvel and Star Wars are a must (amongst others of course).
Favorite characters: Aurora/Ariel & Donald/Mickey
We are celebrating CRUISING and DISNEY of course... but this is our big yearly Disney vacation for 2014. I am also celebrating quite a bit of weight loss! Within the past year I have so far lost about 35 pounds and am trying to get slimmed down more for the cruise! Excited to see where I can get by then.
*We do not drink alcohol*
Email: captnslogg at the google mail address dot com (under 10 posts here so can't post! lol)

We are REALLY excited for this cruise and I am especially really excited for this FE group! Not sure what I'm going to do yet but I want to make it good.

NOW we just need to give this group a name! My last FE/Meet&Greet group was the HalloWonder, so who has a clever name to offer up! I love having a group name so I can use that as part of the FE gifts (labels, buttons, etc.). Someone in the HalloWonder group even made wrist bands for everyone! Getting a little OT, but let's make up a name!
:cheer2:

So good news! My family and I want to take part in the FE exchange (sorry for the yes no yes no .... Yes is our final answer!)

• DISboard username: CheshireCat91

• Names: I am Kristin (I'm 22) and my parents are Mike and Liz

• Cabin number: 7074

• Professions: Mike: Computer Programmer, Liz: RN, Kristin: Graphic Designer

• Favorite Disney Characters: I love Alice in Wonderland (as you may see from my disboard name) My parents like the classic characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto.

• My mom Liz, has a nut allergy, but my father and I do not.

• Email: kristinm 2010 @ ymail . com (wont let me post my email the right way just take out the spaces)

Welcome Malztorm so excited to have you join our group! I love the idea of having a group name! It would be cool if some how we can include "Fantasy" in our group name. I am so glad I am not the only one who thought a small group was a good idea!
CheshireCat 91 I am so glad your family decided to join! It's going to be awesome!
A few more families and then I can finish the spread sheet and email them all out so you can pick the day you would like to sign up for!
Talk to you guys soon!:cheer2:

Hi,
I was wondering how many cabins you have available for this FE group? There are 3 cabins in my group going this date so I was wondering if there was room for all 3 of us. I haven't talked to them yet so not sure if they will want to do the FE but I suspect they will! Please advise as soon as possible. This sounds like lots of fun to me! We're all first time Disney cruisers so we are just learning about FEs! Thanks so much!
Sue:)

We have 3 left! We would be so excited for your group to join us! As soon as you get the OK from everyone else forward me all the info! Have a great day!

It's wonderful to see some new joiners. I absolutely love participating in the FE exchange. It seems to just add so much to the magic of the cruise. Welcome to all the new-comers too. I can't wait to get to know each of you and your families. I love personalizing everyone's gifts to match their personalities and likes. Please feel free to share about everyone in your group, it makes personalizing everyone's FE gifts so much easier.

Hey guys!:cool1:I agree with Brandy! I love personalizing gifts! As my husband and sons can tell you, I love to surprise people! I think that is why I started a small FE group!:idea:!
As soon as I hear back about the detail of SLG1740 group I will send out a list to everyone! In the mean time we cn always refer back to everyones original post. And if anyone has some time write a little more about yourselves and your family. Tell us about:
How you are getting ready for this cruise?
What you are looking forward to the most?
Are you celebrating anything special on the cruise?
What have you accomplished this year that makes this the best year of your life?
Favorite food, colors, pets?
Anything out of the ordinary questions that are not asked on a regular fish extender group?
Have a great evening!:angel:

Erika,
Ok, I've got the green light for all 3 of our cabins. We're all in! I'm at work right now so I'll have to give you all the information this afternoon, when I have more time to write. I just wanted to get back with you as soon as possible so that I didn't lose out on our new little group. We are very excited to be a part! Will write this afternoon with our info! Thanks! Sue

Hi all, we would love to participate as well! This will be our first FE and we have one new cruiser with us!! I'll respond later tonight with our cabin # and group details when I gave access to our computer!

Thanks, Andrew

It's so nice to see this group getting more active! I'm really excited for our FE group. I believe it is technically closed out before Andrew but I would be fine with adding one more person to the group!

I'm getting SO pumped about my FE gifts and I think I have something pretty epic planned. I'm going to try and go a little more all out since this is a smaller group.

Is this anyone else's first Fish Extender than Erika's? This will be my second and I really value people's opinions and what they enjoyed as far as gifts goes and what they did NOT enjoy. I personally enjoy the things that I can keep and reuse or put in a scrapbook. I got some cool wristbands and an amazing tote bag - those were awesome! On my last FE, I got so many magnets I just ended up tossing most, and I thew away all the candy just because I'm not willing to blow my *CRUISE CALORIES* (lol) on candy and such (not to mention that my boyfriend thinks it is all poisoned lol).

Anyway, I'm getting ready for this cruise by trying to lose as much weight as possible! since last year I've lost over 35 pounds so I'm trying to just keep going strong. I'm looking most forward to have alone time with my boyfriend, check out some new islands, and HOPEFULLY be sitting in one of the cabana's on serenity bay!

Thank you to everyone who is posting as much personal info as possible (without making it unsafe for their family of course) so that I can personalize some of these gifts to the best of my abilities! Woo!!!

Erika, I just realized you didn't post anything about your family going! Tell us more about yourself, who is going, etc. Would love to know more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter