• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Cruise - July 5, 2014

Hi all!!

I just recently found all of this stuff (DISBoards, the Meet and Greets, This FB Group etc..). We're TRUE newbies. This is our first cruise EVER. We know absolutely NOTHING!!!!

Some intros....

We are the O'Hara family from Calgary, Alberta. Going are my wife Michelle, Our DDs, Reagan (like the president - 9, and Marin, 7), and myself and we will be on the July 5th Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy!!!

We are celebrating my birthday on July 9th (typically birthdays aren't a big thing for me, but a celebration is a celebration at Disney I guess, so I'll jump right in!!!).

We have our flights and the cruise already booked and will be headed to Orlando a few days early for some MK and Seaworld fun and then on to the cruise!!!

Again, we know nothing (like, nothing), but I'm learning SO much from you guys (Fish Extenders?!?!?!?!?!? ;))

We love to meet people and are super keen to learn as much as we can before going (excursions, things not to miss on the boat etc..).

So, hi, from us!!!!!!!!

Jay, Michelle, Reagan, and Marin

Oh yes, it appears as though I've forgotten to mention some stuff.

Michelle and I are in our "30's", we will be at the early seating, and are in room #7020.

I think the FE sounds fun. We just need to find one of those contraptions. :)

O'Haras out.

Oh yes, it appears as though I've forgotten to mention some stuff.

Michelle and I are in our "30's", we will be at the early seating, and are in room #7020.

I think the FE sounds fun. We just need to find one of those contraptions. :)

O'Haras out.

:welcome::boat::dancer:

I will add your info :) You can make an FE or also buy one...most everyone makes them and even if you cant sew as I cant there are ways to do it..I will post a picture of mine so you can see...there is also on page 3 a thread/link from here on the DIS about that as well....I know DCL like the back of my hand however have never been on the Fantasy...first time but have done almost 10 cruises on DCL and have learned a lot from these boards...

so ask away on your questions....and have you looked at page 3 yet for other info I have posted? :thumbsup2

here is a copy of my FE without one bit of thread/sewing...and my door full of magnets...you cant see it because there are FE gifts in them but the names of each of us are on the bottom of each pocket...with the same lettering that is 'The Campbell Family"...I use the same one except I change out the Disney scrap booking stickers that match our cruise...and other cruise stuff...all scrap booking because they stick so darn well...

So why is no one chatting here or on FB? I will be booking my flight soon and also organizing what Excursions we will want to do....am staying at the SSR but will try to transfer to BBV on Dec 1st which is my 7 month mark :thumbsup2

have no clue what I want to do with my FE....and what gifts I want to do...will start to work on saving pictures for my cabin door magnets and see if I can come up with a few logs that we may want to use....

anyone else working on anything?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me out with excursions. We've never been on a cruise, or in this part of the world and we'd love help.

I guess our criteria is the same for each location.

• Has to be relaxing - kids get tired and melt down. So does dad.
  • Water is good. Our girls (7 and 9) LOVE beaches and pools.
  • mom and dad like a relaxing Pina colada.
  • The bigger the crowd, the less fun it is..although we do expect some crowds at the better places. That's fine.
  • Has to be family friendly.
  • Safety is important (looking for tried and true)
  • Time - I don't want to drive to the opposite side of an island to avoid all crowds. I would like to make it back in time.

At this point, something like Paradise Beach in Cozumel is appealing. From what I know you wouldn't book this through Disney so you might bypass *some* of the crowds. It is close-ish to the port which is nice. It gets great ratings. It's not too expensive, although cost is less a concern if I enjoy the experience. I looked into other beaches (like Nachi cocom but it seems more .. well boring for kids).

Finally, what I like is spending some time at a beach like this, and then maybe heading back into the port for some *quick*/light shopping/exploring, getting a "cursory" feel for a town is kinda nice (although I'm guessing my kids won't be interested) and then heading back on to the ship. Sounds like an ideal port excursion.

In other news.... the girls are pretty freaked out about things like Stingrays, and the turtle farm didn't seem to interest them. I wouldn't mind stretching them a *bit* but I also want it to be enjoyable for all of us.

Anyways, thoughts?

Thanks!

Jay

Wow I have not been on the site in quite some time. Cruising will be my DH and myself. We are in room 7580, late seating and I am allergic to shellfish. DH and I are so excited for this cruise. We are going to WDW for 3 days before the the trip and staying at BLT. Going back to WDW to stay at GF for a week with my best friend and her husband. DH and I are most looking forward to Castaway Key. If we could just be dropped off there and pick the ship back up on the way back, that would be fine with the two of us:rotfl2: Look forward to get to know more people and count down to the cruise :banana::love::cool1::rotfl::woohoo:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me out with excursions. We've never been on a cruise, or in this part of the world and we'd love help.

I guess our criteria is the same for each location.

• Has to be relaxing - kids get tired and melt down. So does dad.
  • Water is good. Our girls (7 and 9) LOVE beaches and pools.
  • mom and dad like a relaxing Pina colada.
  • The bigger the crowd, the less fun it is..although we do expect some crowds at the better places. That's fine.
  • Has to be family friendly.
  • Safety is important (looking for tried and true)
  • Time - I don't want to drive to the opposite side of an island to avoid all crowds. I would like to make it back in time.

At this point, something like Paradise Beach in Cozumel is appealing. From what I know you wouldn't book this through Disney so you might bypass *some* of the crowds. It is close-ish to the port which is nice. It gets great ratings. It's not too expensive, although cost is less a concern if I enjoy the experience. I looked into other beaches (like Nachi cocom but it seems more .. well boring for kids).

Finally, what I like is spending some time at a beach like this, and then maybe heading back into the port for some *quick*/light shopping/exploring, getting a "cursory" feel for a town is kinda nice (although I'm guessing my kids won't be interested) and then heading back on to the ship. Sounds like an ideal port excursion.

In other news.... the girls are pretty freaked out about things like Stingrays, and the turtle farm didn't seem to interest them. I wouldn't mind stretching them a *bit* but I also want it to be enjoyable for all of us.

Anyways, thoughts?

Thanks!
Jay

I posted on FB last week did you see it? it is easier if we chat here about it

Wow I have not been on the site in quite some time. Cruising will be my DH and myself. We are in room 7580, late seating and I am allergic to shellfish. DH and I are so excited for this cruise. We are going to WDW for 3 days before the the trip and staying at BLT. Going back to WDW to stay at GF for a week with my best friend and her husband. DH and I are most looking forward to Castaway Key. If we could just be dropped off there and pick the ship back up on the way back, that would be fine with the two of us:rotfl2: Look forward to get to know more people and count down to the cruise :banana::love::cool1::rotfl::woohoo:

Hi deebits...I will add you to the list today :thumbsup2

So where the heck is everyone????????? its like this has to be the slowest cruise meet ever :lmao: has everyone got there flights? what excursions are you looking at? are you even still going or did you cancel?

Check in people either here or on FB...K :thumbsup2:beach:

just thought I would bump this up...is anyone still coming here? :lmao:

Bonjour!

I am still getting notifications... things have just gotten really busy. :(

I'm hoping that over the holiday season I can spend some time scoping out excursions. I think the theme for my family will likely still be beaches and drinks (for mom and dad), but I like the idea of exploring a bit too.

I have heard that Explor and Xcaret in Playa is cool. We were in Mexico last April but didn't go.

Not sure.. you?

Still booked- still not sure we will do it. But if we do we will probably drive. Flight are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello All,
We're stilled booked. We've been so busy with my son's senior year school events, and the fast approaching holidays. Hopefully once the new year starts life will calm down in our house and we can pay more attention to our vacation. We hope everyone is still as excited as those traveling with us are. We'll check back in soon!

We are definitely going. I'm super excited but also a little sad bc my kids are great Disney World ages and I wanted to do a princess breakfast so badly with DD. I wish they had character dining on the cruise- I hate waiting in line with LO's to meet characters! Maybe we can squeeze in 2 MK days before or after...... Anyone else doing WDW too?

We are definitely going. I'm super excited but also a little sad bc my kids are great Disney World ages and I wanted to do a princess breakfast so badly with DD. I wish they had character dining on the cruise- I hate waiting in line with LO's to meet characters! Maybe we can squeeze in 2 MK days before or after...... Anyone else doing WDW too?

try to do that...squeeze a day or so in...it helps get your Disney groove on :) :cool1::mickeyjum:tinker:pluto::goofy:

we are doing 4 days before the cruise...

Hi Everyone!! This is our 2nd Disney cruise. This is my son's high school graduation cruise.

Can't wait!!!

:welcome::beach::boat::boat::boat:
Hi this is my sons Graduation cruise as we'll and a couple others on here are also celebrating graduations :) we also have a Facebook page...did you look at the info I have on page 1 ? look for a long post under my name and it will tell you who is on here so far :)

Hello All! Happy New Year! We just got back from our third Disney cruise. So excited we were able to book our summer vacation while on board. We are 3 of us our DS is 9. Hope to make many of new friends before we set sail. We did this same cruise last year at the same time and meet wonderful families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter