**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

So glad to hear everyone had such a great time! I realized after the fact that I didn't do much at the "meet" past handling the bracelets, hope no one thought me rude! I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to really chat with more of you, tho I took many opportunities to talk tony's ear off, lol!:rolleyes1

On the subject of bracelets, we still have all the bracelets that went with those of you who didn't have stateroom #'s. if anyone wants them as a soviet, let me know, we can arrange to have them sent...

So...who all booked another cruise whilst on board? :thumbsup2

Lara....I enjoyed the conversation also....

Yes we rebooked a dummy 2013 date, destined to become a 2014 date. We shall see.

As for the meet, I don't think anyone would fault you for being so busy, especially with all of your dedicated efforts. Soooooo....I doubt that anyone thought you rude....

I did the 12-meter regatta in St. Martin & it was AWESOME!!! I couldn't recommend this more.
StarsStrpes.jpg
We did this too. In fact, we're in your photo. ;) We must have met in person but never knew it. It was an excellent excursion, we agree!! (We're in the back left of the photo, I'm in white and my husband is in the grey Disneyland shirt.)

No future cruise booking for us... until I find a new job, we didn't want to get our hopes up. Our ten year anniversary is in 2015 and if DCL is going to Hawai'i that year we'll definitely be onboard. :D

Ah, back to reality... time to plant our vegetable garden! Have a great week everyone. Remember to treat yourself to a few cookies and fancy suppers this week to wean yourselves slowly from cruise food.

We didn't rebook on board because we will be on the Dream May 12, 2013 and will wait to see what is going on at that point with DCL and book for either 2014 or 2015. With my school its hard to know if I will be in summer classes, graduating etc in 2014 so We felt we should wait until we are on board next year to rebook anything.

As much as we love DCL and are addicted to it all, we have a list of places we were wanting to visit so we may also take a break for a few years to do some traveling around the country. Friends, Family, and just places we want to see so who knows! But maybe we will all cruise again sometime together.

Lara- No we did not think you were rude we saw how busy you were and how much work went into the wrist bands. You did an amazing job and we thank you for it. (if you have any of the really big wristbands for adults were they the large? let me know I'd love to get another so when I wear out this one (still wearing it) I'd have a back up! )

Hi all, very bittersweet end (finally) for us sending Greg off this morning and us on the overnight flight to Frankfurt shortly. What a great couple of weeks we had...and now, reality awaits.

So great meeting those of you that I did. I do wish we had had a mid-cruise chance to catch each other as a group as we are all running in different directions that first day or so.

Lara, thanks so much to you and Ron for getting us together and in sync that first day. Tony and Susan, Like everyone else, LOVED chatting with you guys, you make everyone feel like family. Bryan, it was a pleasure meeting you and thanks for the kind words. Jen, fun bumping into you all over. Barb, you were my first meet, and such a warm presence to start with. Jaimie, pretty much misses you girl, except for a brief moment at the Quiet Cove...looking forward to your blog update and wish you all the best. John, saw you and Pam only from a distance after the meet, but I sure hope you enjoyed the trip. Mati, your kind words before we sailed were special and I only wish we'd had a chance to have a glass of wine together, but your plate was quite happily full, it seemed. And so many other thoughts, I'll have to do the rest when my flight is not about to board.

We booked the Dream in early October as Greg gets back in September and I leave for a year in Baghdad in late October (Bryan, my joke is that I lost the 100 lbs so I could run faster in body amour...OK, morbid, but kinda true). We may or may not take that cruise, but we are locked in to a mid-June Med cruise in 2013 which will be one of my R&Rs. I highly encourage you all to do the Med sometime, we did a different version for our first Disney cruise and it was an amazing experience for our boys.

All the best to you all, and here's wishing that our paths will one day cross again...

Meg

Bryan, my joke is that I lost the 100 lbs so I could run faster in body amour...OK, morbid, but kinda true

And a smaller target:thumbsup2

We must have met in person but never knew it.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We did meet!!! I was a primary grinder w/ you & your husband! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I should have been more consistent with my bracelet:lmao:

We were not planning on re-booking, but the in-laws re-booked & want to do an extended-family trip for their 50th Anniv. in 2015. So we re-booked as well, so they could get the discount on more rooms.

We had an *AMAZING* time!! It was so great meeting everyone (it seemed like we were running into DizDaddy and Sues at every turn!) Once I process our photos I'll begin posting some of those as well. Thanks to all the FE participants, I hope ours weren't too disappointing. It was our first time.

We rebooked a dummy date as well, but Pirategrrrl isn't sure she wants to wait until 2014. Or July, for that matter. :rotfl:

Well...we're back! We got home late Saturday night. We had such an amazing time and I really enjoyed meeting all of you that I was lucky enough to bump into! Sorry I missed BOTH meets! First day got crazy and remembered the meet by the pool right before the muster drill! :eek:

Second meet at Castaway we missed because Gaby was still playing in Scuttles Cove and Chris, Nicko and I were floating and snorkling...not watches and realized what time it was after the meet! Late to both parties.

Still in the process of going through all my pics, when I put them all together in a video and photobucket them, I will post the link. I have several of John and Pam and Oz mom and her beautiful little girl with the Castaway kitty!

Really wish I had more time on the cruise to sit down and chat and meet each of you....I really thought I would have time to do so...:rotfl2: but with so much to do and see and active little boys, it just never happened...

We did book our dummy cruise...we are either thinking of a Fantasy Eastern/western b2b, panama canal or europe with Spain in there. 7 days just is NOT long enough!

I need to get back to writing my blog and checking in on the DIS boards more...but going a week without computer has been kinda nice! Headed to the beach today instead! :cool1:

thanks for the link to the photos. My brother and his girlfriend are actually in one of them. How cool is that!!!:banana:

The sail-away video and photos can be viewed and purchased at InletPhotos.com.

Video- http://www.inletphotos.com/Sail-Awa...-away/22425656_cwnxjK#!i=1855894262&k=DghTWHj

Those that were standing by us in sail a way we are on page 3 photos# 50-57

Photos- http://www.inletphotos.com/Cruise-S...Waves/23145430_NcQV43#!i=1864864689&k=tpKCfWG

ENJOY!! You can order and buy from this site! :wizard:

I tried like crazy to find you for that!!! I walked the entire deck several times! I was wandering around aimlessly!!! At least I got to meet Brian, Kathy, Jake and MaryRose, so I still got to meet some DisBoarders!!!

Yes, but HOW WAS THE FOOD?????

It was very depressing and disappointing :( I ate at palo twice b.c of it though and that was to die for :P mmmm palo I love you :)

Too bad I didn't get to meet too many of you .. I tried to ask this one guy with the green bracelet what his forum name was and that I was from disboards and introduce myself but he had no idea what I was talking about :(

Well, I am finally back at my computer!! Had to fly directly up to Rochester NY to help DD23 move, then worked yesterday, so just now getting settled (still have to unpack, etc). We had a great time on the cruise, although I do not think that I met very many "green bracelet" people! With our aft balcony, I really spent much of my free time just sitting out and enjoying the view/wake/etc! I actually read SIX novels! Although we did not participate in the FE, I did receive a lot of cute gifts (probably from the AllEars/MEI group) so I have an idea of how that works now. I also gave out all of my glow bracelets on Pirate Day so hope some of your kids enjoyed those when it got dark!

We found the food, in general, to be pretty good (well, the set menu for the Animation show in Animators Palate needs some tweaking...that popcorn soup was pretty bad! but we did enjoy seeing our cartoons come to life!). I found that the soups in the dining rooms were much better than on past DCL trips I have done, and the Disney Fantasy did serve many of my personal favorites from the Disney Dream menus (truffle pursiettes in Animators; wild boar in Royal table; lobster tails!). We dined one evening in Palo, with an excellent soup and delicious osso bucco...we also enjoyed High Tea (glad we got to do that since the ship seems to be discontinuing it), and I think that the Palo brunch was my favorite Palo meal!! So many choices and all great! I never love the DCL desserts or breakfast pastries, and found that to hold true on this trip.

We did not book a future cruise as DH prefers to wait for FL resident rates...we always like to cruise over New Years, and right now the Disney Fantasy is sold out for the non-balcony rooms, while the balcony rooms are going for a pretty penny, so we probably won't be doing DCL for that trip!

I had a great time learning and sharing info here, and wished that I had had the opportunity to meet more of you (the AllEars events kept us fairly occupied). Keep me in mind if any of you visit WDW as it is only a 90-minute car ride for me to get there!

Do you think the current cruisers are dreading their disbarkment tomorrow morning as much as we did????

I wanna go back!!!! Now!!!!

So glad to hear everyone had such a great time! I realized after the fact that I didn't do much at the "meet" past handling the bracelets, hope no one thought me rude! I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to really chat with more of you, tho I took many opportunities to talk tony's ear off, lol!:rolleyes1

On the subject of bracelets, we still have all the bracelets that went with those of you who didn't have stateroom #'s. if anyone wants them as a soviet, let me know, we can arrange to have them sent...

So...who all booked another cruise whilst on board? :thumbsup2

Wow! What a fantastic cruise ... I'm just sorry I didn't make the meet, but so appreciate our bracelets getting to us. :goodvibes

I have to admit that I was totally awe struck with this being our first Disney cruise ... I didn't take enough pictures, take enough time to just relax and sit on deck 4 and read, spend more time at Satellite Falls, etc ..... so I'm thrilled we decided to book another cruise in December 2013. We are doing the same cruise, but I wanted to cruise with the ship decorated for Christmas. :woohoo:

I want to thank EVERYONE for their FE gifts. I didn't really get a chance to look at everything until we got home. Wow! :grouphug:

I had the same feeling this morning -- two weeks ago we were waking up all excited to be leaving....now....it is all over :sad1:

Following Amy's TR and will head over to look at dlf246's in a few.

I haven't even loaded pictures yet -- really need to get the pirate night one's loaded. DH still doesn't quite understand what I mean when I say I had a "full beard" painted on me at Kai's request. :) I think we will talk about this for a long time.

To me the food was good. I was served special Indian food on the final 2 nights of the cruise -- was so nice and a surprise (at least Friday was).

Remy - unbelievable and so much fun. Worth every penny as I felt the cruise was this time.

Anyways -- happy Friday all! I will be trolling the DCL site, looking at prices and dreaming of another cruise!!!

Mati

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter