**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

What a wonderful fantastic week! We got home about 4 p.m. and just had a few minutes to check the Dis Boards. We loved our cabin and our next door neighbors in 8092 (LivingtheWDWDream) were the best (so quiet, yet so friendly).

To all who gave us Fish Extender goodies - THANK YOU we loved each and every one and hope you enjoyed our gift. :)

We are also at Wilderness Lodge Villas! Our room wasn't ready either so we just got back from Epcot! It was so crazy busy and hot, I would have given anything to be back on the ship!

Going to bed, finally! Getting up early for our 3rd Star Wars Weekends!!

Sorry there was not enough time to meet everyone but so glad to have at least met some of you guys! Hope everyone had a great time!

Btw, the fish extender gifts were so creative and fun! Thanks to everyone whom participated!

Chasity & Gus :)

I am typing this from a studio at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. DH has passed out on the bed. We got to the resort at 9:30AM but our room was not ready so we went to the MK, it was a madhouse. We stayed for the parade.
DH is now taking a nap.
The cruise was wonderful. We had a great time. We were part of the
AllEars Group of 120 folks from all over the country. We had a blast. I hope some of you got to meet the All Ears, Mouse Fan Travel staff.
This 66 year old lady went on the AquaDuck 4 times. I'm not afraid.
Our starboard side cat 7A veranda on deck 7 was nice. I like the obstructed verandah.
One negative was that I was stung by a Bee on deck 13 while in the sun. I got scared since I have never been stung before. The sucker swelled up so I went to the medical center. They were closed so the nurse came down and sold me some benedryl and 1% cortizone. It cost $6 for the lot, but today the swelling and redness is down. Not a fun experience.
Again we had a blast celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary with 120 close friends.
Michele & Milton

Glad you enjoyed the Cat 7, and that you got to WDW safely and were able to nap. So sorry you got stung on Deck 13. I saw a ton a TON of bees there after I want to say St. Maarten but might have been St. Thomas and was surprised that there were so many laying on the deck dead! I was lucky I wore my Skele-Toes when I was up on deck as I had stepped on a dead bee and the shoes protected my feet from being stung! Hope the swelling continues to go down!

Happy 35th Anniversary!

Amy

Michele:

We're at VWL in a studio too. We just woke up from our nap. Met up with a couple of other cruisers at Downtown Disney for some Wolfgang Puck Express pizzas. Just hanging out tonight. Check your Private Messages.
STILL celebrating our 32nd Anniversary.

John

Have fun Celebrating your Anniversary in WDW! Congrats again!

What a wonderful fantastic week! We got home about 4 p.m. and just had a few minutes to check the Dis Boards. We loved our cabin and our next door neighbors in 8092 (LivingtheWDWDream) were the best (so quiet, yet so friendly).

To all who gave us Fish Extender goodies - THANK YOU we loved each and every one and hope you enjoyed our gift. :)

We loved having you as neighbors you were very quiet and friendly as well! We also made sure any FE gifts left at 8090 made it over to your room so we were glad that we could do that for you since we knew about the room change!

Thanks for your gift we love it! I hope you enjoyed ours ;)

We are also at Wilderness Lodge Villas! Our room wasn't ready either so we just got back from Epcot! It was so crazy busy and hot, I would have given anything to be back on the ship!

Going to bed, finally! Getting up early for our 3rd Star Wars Weekends!!

Sorry there was not enough time to meet everyone but so glad to have at least met some of you guys! Hope everyone had a great time!

Btw, the fish extender gifts were so creative and fun! Thanks to everyone whom participated!

Chasity & Gus :)

Have fun at SWW and get there early because it will be packed and they will have lines to get tickets to see the different stars and for merchandise so you'll want to make sure to be there early!

Glad you had a great time!

We are about 1/2 ways unpacked. We have about 3/4 of the laundry washed, dried, and folded and almost all the souvinears unpacked. I have uploaded photos from one of our cameras and have them uploaded online on my smugmug account up to St. Maarten Day and Pirate Night :) So we are almost there for post vacation chores.

Friends:
For our first cruise, I barely made it to the DisMeet. On second, did not try. This time I tried and tried, went all around family pool. never found y'all. Then TODAY noticed the meet time was 3pm, not 4:30!!! whoops. no wonder I missed.

Thank you so much to the kind donor and deliverer of our green band to the room. Hope to see ya soon!!

We had the best family vacation ever! :banana: I can't say enough about the service, the shows, the activities, the excursions...just WOW! :worship: We went on a 3-day last year on the Dream and that was fabulous, but this one was absolutely phenomenal!! :cloud9:
The only thing that really put a damper on our trip was that I lost our sport camera during our snorkel trip in St. John/ Trunk Bay :worried: It slipped out off of my arm...never to be seen again! I was terribly upset because all of our pictures and videos up until that point (4 days) were on that camera :sad::sad:
However, looking at the bright side...atleast I didn't lose a kid and I still had 3 more days to take pictures with my other camera :rotfl: I still hope and pray that it will turn up...I have been in contact with the park officials and Disney's lost and found deparment...fingers crossed! :blush:
Thank you soooo very much for all the wonderful FE gifts! We really enjoyed them and hope you liked ours (they kinda got squished during our travels) :confused3

I had so much fun!!! And, i definitely made lots of life long friends. One of them's parents are on the dis because he had on the same bracelet as me.

So now that we've sailed, what were the "not sure people will get our humor" fe gifts? Not sure we got them with all the confusion involved in our move.

We had the best family vacation ever! :banana: I can't say enough about the service, the shows, the activities, the excursions...just WOW! :worship: We went on a 3-day last year on the Dream and that was fabulous, but this one was absolutely phenomenal!! :cloud9:
The only thing that really put a damper on our trip was that I lost our sport camera during our snorkel trip in St. John/ Trunk Bay :worried: It slipped out off of my arm...never to be seen again! I was terribly upset because all of our pictures and videos up until that point (4 days) were on that camera :sad::sad:
However, looking at the bright side...atleast I didn't lose a kid and I still had 3 more days to take pictures with my other camera :rotfl: I still hope and pray that it will turn up...I have been in contact with the park officials and Disney's lost and found deparment...fingers crossed! :blush:
Thank you soooo very much for all the wonderful FE gifts! We really enjoyed them and hope you liked ours (they kinda got squished during our travels) :confused3

I'm so sorry about your photos! I am doing a trip report in the trip report forum, feel free to grab any of the photos that pop up there to use if you would like. Also if you would like you can go to iamgrumpy.smugmug.com and go into the Disney Cruise gallery then into the Sub Category for this cruise. I broke our photos down by the day they were taken and feel free to use any of the shots you would like to try and get back some of your days.

I had so much fun!!! And, i definitely made lots of life long friends. One of them's parents are on the dis because he had on the same bracelet as me.

So glad you had fun and made friends.

So now that we've sailed, what were the "not sure people will get our humor" fe gifts? Not sure we got them with all the confusion involved in our move.

I would love to know the humor thing as well as I wasn't sure if the humor gift was given to all or just part of the list. We got such lovely things and so many different things that it was always exciting to see everything waiting for us when we got back to our room.

I am writing a trip report for our cruise, please stop by and feel free to drop a note. Would love to have others join in!

Amy

Hi Everyone,

We are back at home and trying to get back into our normal routines. Thank you to everyone who made our cruise special. The FE gifts were well thought out and we appreciate all the effort that went into them. It will be fun unpacking them from our suitcase and remembering all the good times we had. Thank you!!

This week we plan on trying some southern food recipes in the cookbook we received in our FE. :)

Sorry we missed the DIS meet not he first day. Our bus was late and we arrived at the terminal just after 2 PM, boarded the ship around 2:30, had to confirm our allergies on our reservation with the dining team, dropped our bags in our room, and barely made it to Cabanas before they closed at 3:15. By the time we were done, it was nearly muster drill time... it was a pretty crazy afternoon! Thanks again to bookite for delivering our bracelets to our room! We really enjoyed wearing them throughout the cruise.

And so, the post-trip stuff begins... sorting throughout he 2000+ photos we took, answering emails, doing laundry, etc. It was a great trip, and I am looking forward to all the post-trip stuff and all the memories that will last for years to come.

I would love to know the humor thing as well as I wasn't sure if the humor gift was given to all or just part of the list.

Donaldsgal handed out word magnets and included some funny words you could print on your own that had a disclaimer that it's all in good fun. I thought it was really cute. When we finish unpacking, those magnets will be on our fridge for at least a few months! (Along with some of the awesome door magnets we got too...)

Donaldsgal handed out word magnets and included some funny words you could print on your own that had a disclaimer that it's all in good fun. I thought it was really cute. When we finish unpacking, those magnets will be on our fridge for at least a few months! (Along with some of the awesome door magnets we got too...)

Thanks we got those but everything we got put into a bag to go home so it wouldn't get lost so I will look at those more closely :)

Hello Everyone!!
We've been home since Saturday evening, but recuperating slowly. We had a FANTASTIC time - sorry I didn't get to meet more of you in person.

Tony & Sues - It was great to sit & chat for a bit on the ship!

Meg - you didn't tell us you lost an entire "you" with your weight loss!! You are an inspiration!

If anyone wants to keep in touch on facebook, you can find me here
Just make sure you include your disboard name on your friend request or I may not make the connection:guilty:

I did the 12-meter regatta in St. Martin & it was AWESOME!!! I couldn't recommend this more.
StarsStrpes.jpg

What a wonderful cruise! The weather couldn't have been any better! We really lucked out with our amazing servers (Ivica and Mercea-- they were WONDERFUL with our youngest who had a million questions every night only to order the same thing EVERY night-- Mac and cheese, lol).

Did anyone else notice that the Carnival Dream wasn't there when we got back? The lady I sat next to on our flight home was on the boat, which was also supposed to return in the wee hours of Saturday morning... They had a guy with a medical emergency, turned the boat around to head toward Puerto Rico, got almost all the way there but the guy was getting worse and couldn't wait. They had to call the Coast Guard, who sent a helicopter, only they didn't have a helipad so they had to lower a guy with the basket to get the sick gentleman then they lowered a guy again to retrieve his wife... they didn't get to port until after 2:00... A bunch of people missed flights (including Canadians who it was going to cost $2000 to reschedule if they didn't have trip insurance). I noticed it wasn't there when we were driving away from the ship, but thought maybe they had a different schedule. Guess not...

Hope everyone either got home safely or is enjoying time in the parks!!!! I went back to work today and my patients agreed I still had vacation brain ;) I tried to remedy some of it by going to the animal shelter to try to find a new puppy (which is something I was waiting to do til after the cruise). Luckily for my DH (who doesn't want another dog), I didn't find "the one" yet... But my mom (super-grammy) called after I sent her a pic of one and said she wants to get us whichever one I decide on for our Christmas present... Kinda takes the sting out of the post-vacay depression ;) Plan to get a girl and name her Tink, haha :)

We are still on vacation, we're in San Francisco at the moment. A few days here then homeward bound to Australia. We also had a fantastic time, thanks for all our FE gifts and our bracelets! I especially loved all the handmade gifts. So much work put into them.

Luvmyboys89 - I got your message on my dry erase board and yes I remember you from our Dream Cruise last year. glad you had a good time.

Did anyone else notice that the Carnival Dream wasn't there when we got back? The lady I sat next to on our flight home was on the boat, which was also supposed to return in the wee hours of Saturday morning... They had a guy with a medical emergency, turned the boat around to head toward Puerto Rico, got almost all the way there but the guy was getting worse and couldn't wait. They had to call the Coast Guard, who sent a helicopter, only they didn't have a helipad so they had to lower a guy with the basket to get the sick gentleman then they lowered a guy again to retrieve his wife... they didn't get to port until after 2:00... A bunch of people missed flights (including Canadians who it was going to cost $2000 to reschedule if they didn't have trip insurance). I noticed it wasn't there when we were driving away from the ship, but thought maybe they had a different schedule. Guess not...

Our Hertz shuttle driver told us that they were informed that Carnival was going to be 5 hours late because of a medical emergency. I am sure that messed up all sorts of plans (especially for the guy with the emergency).

Thanks for the delivery of our green bands!! We were at the meet but figured that I joined the board late so I didn't know we had one .. It was a great surprise to come back to on our door :)

Thanks to all the friendly board members that we met ... Hope everyone got back safe our still enjoying their vacay :)

Thanks for the delivery of our green bands!! We were at the meet but figured that I joined the board late so I didn't know we had one .. It was a great surprise to come back to on our door :)

Thanks to all the friendly board members that we met ... Hope everyone got back safe our still enjoying their vacay :)

Yes, but HOW WAS THE FOOD?????

We finally got home today. The cruise was amazing! We spent 3 exhausting days at WDW and are very happy to be home.

Thank you to all for the amazing FE gifts. It was so much fun and the kids loved coming back to find the goodies. Also thanks for the green bands. Helped me identify who was who. I wish I had had more time to chat with more of you. Already ready for the next one so maybe will see you all again!!! Will try to keep up with the thread if we keep it alive.

Hugs to y'all!
Mati

So glad to hear everyone had such a great time! I realized after the fact that I didn't do much at the "meet" past handling the bracelets, hope no one thought me rude! I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to really chat with more of you, tho I took many opportunities to talk tony's ear off, lol!:rolleyes1

On the subject of bracelets, we still have all the bracelets that went with those of you who didn't have stateroom #'s. if anyone wants them as a soviet, let me know, we can arrange to have them sent...

So...who all booked another cruise whilst on board? :thumbsup2

So glad to hear everyone had such a great time! I realized after the fact that I didn't do much at the "meet" past handling the bracelets, hope no one thought me rude! I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to really chat with more of you, tho I took many opportunities to talk tony's ear off, lol!:rolleyes1

On the subject of bracelets, we still have all the bracelets that went with those of you who didn't have stateroom #'s. if anyone wants them as a soviet, let me know, we can arrange to have them sent...

So...who all booked another cruise whilst on board? :thumbsup2

we booked a 2013 dream, but will switch to 2014 once released. Doubt we end up on the dream, but it was the cheapest dummy cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter