**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Marci - VERY VERY CUTE!!!!

On my list to get a pedi/mani but at this pace, may not get it done. :worried:

Working on touring plans for WDW after the cruise -- that and magnets. Started doing some packing and realized need to buy sandals for kai and a few tops for both kids. So much to do and so little time!!!

We are in Florida! If anyone is going to be at Epcot tomorrow, we'll maybe see you there!

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

Marci - VERY VERY CUTE!!!!

On my list to get a pedi/mani but at this pace, may not get it done. :worried:

Working on touring plans for WDW after the cruise -- that and magnets. Started doing some packing and realized need to buy sandals for kai and a few tops for both kids. So much to do and so little time!!!

We have a list of things we have to get tomorrow that will finish up our lists of things to bring. We are going to end up having probably 6 bags between the two of us :faint: But with the formal, and semi formal wear, the nicer clothes for dinners, and the day wear, swim wear and all the FE items we have well we just can't weed it down any further.

Just glad that those bags will be checked to the room. In terms of carry on bags we will each have our purse/daybag and a carry on bag. We will have the wheelchair and from what I have been told now by Special Services and a Travel Agent I know, DCL will check the walker we have to bring with us right to our room for us.

But still nervous about embarkation boarding we will see how it works out.

I have cleared off about 5 memory cards for the different cameras we have a Canon DSLR that we are bringing, the Nikon waterproof Point and Shoot, Flip Camera, and a Video Camera. Hopefully we will have enough for everything.

Can't believe how close it is! Yet so much to do!

Sorry for the double post, I'm still getting used to this app.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

Can't wait to meet everyone in a week .. :) is everyone getting very dressed up for formal night? I don't recall if people wore gowns ... I remember on royal almost everyone was in gowns but not carnival ... Thanks in advance :D

I think it's mixed, from what I remember people wear a little bit of everything. I am wearing a gown, I hadn't planned on it till last week. Found some good sales and bought several dresses:thumbsup2

We are doing the full day Turtle bay/Honeymoon Beach. I'm not sure if this is the same thing.

Yes, that's the same one we're doing! :yay:
~Suzanne

Just found out that we will be hitting the parks on Thursday - starting with our favorite, Hollywood Studios!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi guys, it sounds like everyone is winding it up and nearly on their way. Good luck with the last minute planning and execution...

I have totally failed to take pics with my iPhone to get them off to you, we've been lugging around our Nikon and not much else.

OK, here's a brief review of several things we've noticed so far:

--gym: very busy except on port days
--Deck 4 jogging track: uncongested most time except before and after dinner times
--pools: very crowded. Not much more to say on that. Lots of empty seats with towels on them for hours. (I actually saw a guy save four seats by the pool at 6AM and the seats stayed largely unused by him for most of the day...hardly in the spirit of Disney, IMHO)
--weather: partly cloudy, rain last night while we were at sea, but at one point the cruise director mentioned in a PA that the crew was being very successful at "avoiding" bad weather, so I guess they are sailing around it to some extent.
--guest services: very on it. Even called my room on day two to see how things were going and ask if we had any needs which were not being met.
--Palo: as excellent as always... The lobster ravioli was extraordinary.
--skyline, Ooh La La, O'Gill's and the Tube: Fun! We hit them all last night on our date night. Sat with a newly engaged couple for a movie quote quiz in O'Gill's, looked at Budapest, St. Petersburg and Barcelona in Skyline, saw a mini Cabaret show in Ooh La La, and danced in the Tube until midnight... Big :thumbsup2
--motion sickness: the ship is very stable, haven't felt the least bit queezy. You can feel her roll, but have not even heard of anyone having difficulties onboard yet.

All for now. Looking forward to your arrival...

Meg

Hi guys, it sounds like everyone is winding it up and nearly on their way. Good luck with the last minute planning and execution...

I have totally failed to take pics with my iPhone to get them off to you, we've been lugging around our Nikon and not much else.

--Deck 4 jogging track: uncongested most time except before and after dinner times
--pools: very crowded. Not much more to say on that. Lots of empty seats with towels on them for hours. (I actually saw a guy save four seats by the pool at 6AM and the seats stayed largely unused by him for most of the day...hardly in the spirit of Disney, IMHO)
--weather: partly cloudy, rain last night while we were at sea, but at one point the cruise director mentioned in a PA that the crew was being very successful at "avoiding" bad weather, so I guess they are sailing around it to some extent.
--guest services: very on it. Even called my room on day two to see how things were going and ask if we had any needs which were not being met.
--skyline, Ooh La La, O'Gill's and the Tube: Fun! We hit them all last night on our date night. Sat with a newly engaged couple for a movie quote quiz in O'Gill's, looked at Budapest, St. Petersburg and Barcelona in Skyline, saw a mini Cabaret show in Ooh La La, and danced in the Tube until midnight... Big :thumbsup2
--motion sickness: the ship is very stable, haven't felt the least bit queezy. You can feel her roll, but have not even heard of anyone having difficulties onboard yet.

Meg

Thanks for sharing, Meg. Don't have all of the fun before we get there.

-Tony

Meg

Thanks so much Meg for taking the time to post. Did you get a feel for how successful people were in getting Palo brunch ressies on board?
thanks
Scott

Meg

Thank you so much for this report Meg! This is so exciting! :woohoo:

We will be getting in to Orlando Thursday and probably do Downtown Disney. On Friday we plan on walking to Epcot (we are at Beach Club Villas) and getting pictures of the topiaries at the Flower & Garden show. :cloud9:

For those there now .. how is weather? I know it says rain, but is it hit and miss or constant?

It just seems unreal that after a year of planning and reading the posts we are just 4 days out from seeing the Fantasy. :yay:

Cheryl

Meg

Glad your having a great time and thank you for sharing your thoughts so far. Please enjoy your time on the boat before the Party really gets started on Saturday when we all join you!

Just found out that we will be hitting the parks on Thursday - starting with our favorite, Hollywood Studios!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congrats! Enjoy your park time!

Thursday = MK
Friday = Typhoon Lagoon
On Saturday, Fantasy BECOMES Reality

:scared1::woohoo::scared1::woohoo::scared1:

Sounds like a fun few days before the cruise have fun and see you on Saturday!

Thank you so much for this report Meg! This is so exciting! :woohoo:

We will be getting in to Orlando Thursday and probably do Downtown Disney. On Friday we plan on walking to Epcot (we are at Beach Club Villas) and getting pictures of the topiaries at the Flower & Garden show. :cloud9:

For those there now .. how is weather? I know it says rain, but is it hit and miss or constant?

It just seems unreal that after a year of planning and reading the posts we are just 4 days out from seeing the Fantasy. :yay:

Cheryl

Cheryl- So far its hit or miss just our afternoon thunderstorms from the heat building up and the sea breezes coming in from both coasts and colliding over central Florida. I wouldn't panic but they are forecasting rain so I'd pack a poncho or umbrella for each person. Just in Case.

**for those who are Driving to the Port**

Please keep an eye out on the news Friday night and Saturday Morning. In today's rain storm a lightening strike has started a wild fire that has affected SR 528 between Route 1 and Route 95. This may have an affect on the road being open or closed. Please keep this in mind and be prepared for an alternate route.

I will try and keep this thread updated for all of us but its best to check either:

www.wesh.com
www.wftv.com
www.clickorlando.com

for up to date road information.

Still working on laundry:laundy: and packing here but we will be ready for Saturday Morning with our own alternate route in hand just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter