**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Just take the stairs everywhere and you will be fine. I did that last time and only gained a pound. This time I am on deck 2 so hoping will really help keep the weight off -- heaven knows I can't afford any more! :rotfl2: All that being said, was told by my trainer to not stress about workouts and look for a stretching class. I need to de-stress in a MAJOR way so hopefully can get into a good routine, for at least the week we are on the ship.

Have fun and we will see you soon!!!

Mati ~ I am making no promises :rolleyes1, BUT there is a Sunrise Stretch class every morning at 7 at Senses, followed by Fab Abs at 7:30. Maybe if I have a workout buddy :hug: to motivate me, I might make it to a few of the classes :woohoo:.

not mati, but i'd love to do a stretch class, i was a dancer in another life (ie premarriage/kids) and i've always loved to stretch, yoga (with the right instructor) has worked to fill this in the past but i am not currently attending. i must have missed on our last dis cruise that there were classes. i used the treadmills but that's it. i'll be checking the navigators! thx for the heads up!!

also, i know we had an unofficial roll call for those planning to do the 5K...anyone have any idea approx what page i need to look on? i've tried searching but all i find are people saying they may or may not be interested but i thought there was a running list there for a little bit? am i losing my mind? lol! i just wanted to make a note on my spreadsheet those that i could maybe run with on the ship (probably NOT those of you who mentioned going at 5am tho, lol!)

Lara

FE's are coming together!! still waiting for 2 things to arrive, one delivery friday and the other on monday. my parents get here tues (driving from utah to TN) then we leave thurs night to drive to FL! :cool1:

not mati, but i'd love to do a stretch class, i was a dancer in another life (ie premarriage/kids) and i've always loved to stretch, yoga (with the right instructor) has worked to fill this in the past but i am not currently attending. i must have missed on our last dis cruise that there were classes. i used the treadmills but that's it. i'll be checking the navigators! thx for the heads up!!

also, i know we had an unofficial roll call for those planning to do the 5K...anyone have any idea approx what page i need to look on? i've tried searching but all i find are people saying they may or may not be interested but i thought there was a running list there for a little bit? am i losing my mind? lol! i just wanted to make a note on my spreadsheet those that i could maybe run with on the ship (probably NOT those of you who mentioned going at 5am tho, lol!)

Lara

FE's are coming together!! still waiting for 2 things to arrive, one delivery friday and the other on monday. my parents get here tues (driving from utah to TN) then we leave thurs night to drive to FL! :cool1:

Hi Lara :) ~ The more the merrier to work off a few cruise food calories :jumping1:

Bf just found out after going to post office that they sent passport info to wrong address so he's driving to la to try to get a passport in one business day ... Has anyone done this before or does it take a least few business days?

Bf just found out after going to post office that they sent passport info to wrong address so he's driving to la to try to get a passport in one business day ... Has anyone done this before or does it take a least few business days?

Not sure....did they already process the passport and just sent it to the wrong address or has the passport department not gotten his info yet? If the passport department hasn't processed the info....it will take up to 6 weeks to process.....

Ugh behind again, before I finish I wanted to make a few comments. I hate to admit that I don't know how to multi-quote - I am making my own

"Chris - I did the exact same thing. Then in the end it became a panic. One thing I wanted to do had a "test sample" sitting on my desk forever, next to the keychains and lanyards Sabrina was going to make -- neither ever happened. Oh well. Hope you guys like what I did finish."* Mati

Thank you Mati I feel so much better. I will love anything I receive!

"Day or night you are most looking forward to?The whole thing. I am trying not to look at too many photos from the Fantasy because I want that OMG moment." Sues14

We are the same way we want to experience everything in person, no pics, videos, reading about activities what the ship has.....

"They're not THAT freaky. Not as freaky as a snowfall on Halloween!"
JohnPA

John that isn't freaky, we call that a normal fall ;) But we don't usually have snow, frost is very common though

Wow I can't believe we leave in 2 days!!! Looking at the counter on the bottom, strange to see its almost here :cloud9: :yay::beach:

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH! (does anyone else feel like joining me in some primal screaming) :faint: I can't wait for this vaca but it is coming so quick I am not sure I will be ready.
!

I am so there with you, only 2 days until we leave and I'm still doing laundry and haven't started packing :scared1: :eek: :scared1::eek::scared1::yay:

For those who will be deciding between Lab and Edge for their tweens, I just came across this from another thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44842759&postcount=23

(My first time posting a link, hope I did it right!)

It seems they may have recently changed the policy and are now allowing tweens up to 12 years old to go back and forth between the 2 areas. I hope that's the case when we sail.

For those who will be deciding between Lab and Edge for their tweens, I just came across this from another thread.

It seems they may have recently changed the policy and are now allowing tweens up to 12 years old to go back and forth between the 2 areas. I hope that's the case when we sail.

That would be awesome. My daughter turns 11 in two days. She is really torn (and so are we) on which would be better for her. We won't really know unless she gets the opportunity to try both.

I had assumed our 11 y/o could not do the lab. Thank you so much for posting. We have not registered her at all. Is there any benefit/ability to do online at home, or must wait until terminal? thanks

We leave one week from today spending two nights at DVC; Old Key West! Wishing safe travels to everyone. :moped:

I may start packing this weekend (we are last minute packers). :lmao:

Quick question: is the 3rd DD whose birthday it is not going to be sailing as well? Will she get bent out of shape with the other 2 getting all of the attention? How old is she? (when people have a 2nd or 3rd baby, I am the one who always has to give a gift to the big bro/sis LOL)....just the nurse and the mom in me coming out!! ::yes::

Kathy - You think like me. I am the middle of three girls and always have sympathy for anyone in that placement with their siblings. I know Madeline is 14. Marci - do you think it will be a big deal if we leave her something small too?

Mati ~ I am making no promises :rolleyes1, BUT there is a Sunrise Stretch class every morning at 7 at Senses, followed by Fab Abs at 7:30. Maybe if I have a workout buddy :hug: to motivate me, I might make it to a few of the classes :woohoo:.

sounds perfect -- I will pencil it in for at least the first day and then we can go from there - - of course, my trainer would also tell me I need to sleep but with Kai snoring in the bed next to me....:worried:

Lara - like Kathy said, the more the merrier!!! Would be a great way to start the day!

Yes - can be done in a day if you go to a passport processing center. If I recall correctly, it will take the WHOLE day and he should be there as soon as it opens, passport application, tracking informationand photos in hand along with the $$ for an expedited passport. Unless something has changed, is a hassle but can be done. Of course it was years ago that we did this so possible something has changed. Best of luck!!!!

I am so there with you, only 2 days until we leave and I'm still doing laundry and haven't started packing :scared1: :eek: :scared1::eek::scared1::yay:

That will be me next week...

It doesn't appear anyone said it yet!

We're down to single digits! 9 more days!

OH WOW!!! So hard being so excited and so freaked out at the same time!!! :scared1::banana::scared1::banana::scared1::banana:

This is AWESOME news!!!! Sabrina will be thrilled (as will I) of course assuming they will let her in the Edge. I know she is getting to know another little girl through the WWF chatter so that will help but I also read that being in the Edge the first night is key for the kids.

Anyone staying at the Hyatt on Friday night with a 7 year old boy or tween girl? Would love to get them together early!!!

:goodvibes For those of you who have been here for awhile and know the story, wanted to update on Sabrina.

We took x-rays this go-around locally and shipped them up to Philadelphia for review. Since her surgery in November they have kept her under restrictions with her lumbar - specifically no butterfly, flip-turns, diving or situps. As a swimmer this has been brutal and kept her from moving up teams. We just got word from the Doctors in Philadelphia that her curves are stable, staples look good and ALL RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

She will still be braced at night and during the day while at home for the next 3 months (won't make her wear the daytime brace on the cruise) but with Scoliosis, we take what we can get. :goodvibes:goodvibes

This was the last piece of news that I needed to freely focus on the cruise. Now, a big sigh of relief and focus on leaving in 8 days!!! :scared1:

Have a good Thursday All!!!!
Mati

:goodvibes For those of you who have been here for awhile and know the story, wanted to update on Sabrina.

We took x-rays this go-around locally and shipped them up to Philadelphia for review. Since her surgery in November they have kept her under restrictions with her lumbar - specifically no butterfly, flip-turns, diving or situps. As a swimmer this has been brutal and kept her from moving up teams. We just got word from the Doctors in Philadelphia that her curves are stable, staples look good and ALL RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

That's great news! :yay:

I had assumed our 11 y/o could not do the lab. Thank you so much for posting. We have not registered her at all. Is there any benefit/ability to do online at home, or must wait until terminal? thanks

You can't register and 11 year old on-line, I think it's because they can technically sign themselves out of the clubs. I think you wait until you are on the ship to decide. It is very confusing!
From what I understand, the Oceaneer Lab goes up to 12 years old. It used to be you had to choose either the Edge OR the Lab for an 11 year old, but it seems tweens MAY now be able to do both. We'll be checking out the Edge on Day 1. If there is a good sized group of 11-12 year olds, DD11 may stay there. If not, we may want her in the Lab. Being able to participate in both would be ideal since there are more structured activities in the Lab that she would enjoy (especially Animator's Studio) AND also some activities in the Edge she would enjoy too!
Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter