**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Jaimie, Jen - good reminder, calling the doctor now (well after I hit post reply) about the seasick meds for the kids. Was going to get bonine for kids but thinking maybe the rx thing is better.

Can not focus on work....at least the FE gifts are done! :cool1::cool1:
FE gifts... Sitting in front of me taunting me to put them together... In the craziness of the last couple of weeks, they've been set to the side. Project 2 is definitely not going to happen, but the first one will get finished (it's simpler) and I think I'm going to take advantage of a little fundraiser the kids are doing for school... Sometimes nice to be by an international chocolate company ;)
FINALLY!!
PIRATE GEAR!!!! You see.....would have forgotten!!!! Thanks!!!

(and just in time :goodvibes)

I hit my 100 lb. weight loss goal today.

happiness

:cloud9:

YAY! Congratulations!!!!! I'm trying to overshoot my goal a little just so I can gain it back and not feel as bad when my scale and I reunite after the cruise ;) Mine wasn't nearly 100 though-- 30 was hard enough so :worship:

Congratulations, my diet hasn't happened :wish100

Elaine

Ah, wait til after-- then you can enjoy yourself for the week without worrying about it :)

So, just got some amazing news from the Chefy hubby....apparently BP is a huge sponsor for the Olympics in London....they will have a few "celebrity" chefs at the Olympics to cook for their large 300-400 VIP parties...They want a chef from the coast ........The list started with a lot of chefs from Tx, La, Ms, Ga, Fl, and Al, ..got narrowed down from 50, to 20 to 4....guess who has a 1 in 4 odds of going to the OLYMPICS??? CHRIS!!! Please say some prayers that he is selected!! OMG the OLYMPICS! Even if he dosn't get chosen, just to be on the list of the top 4?!?!?! WOW! Lets hope we get to spend a few days this summer in LONDON AT THE OLYPMICS!! So proud of him!!! :cool1::banana::scared1:popcorn:::rolleyes1:yay:

That sounds awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

OK - I fully recognized that being on the disboards automatically qualifies us all as type "A" personality vacation planners (hello:wave:, my name is Bryan, and I'm a DIsaholic), - BUT - between this post & your blog post about over-planing, it may be about time for us to stage a DIServention for you:lmao:

Don't forget that all the great tips we read on here are just that - tips - not requirements. Whats the old saying about packing? Something like, "pack everything you need, then take half out." I'm pretty sure half the over-the-door shoe holders & pop-up hampers wouldn't even be needed, but we're all trying to figure out where to store the million +1 "recommended items to pack" that we read about on the disboards.

I guess the bottom line is that a Disney Cruise is nothing like planning for the Disney Parks - You really can just go with the flow, have a great time, and not worry that you are somehow "missing out" on something.

I know we are all starting to stress a little because its getting down to crunch time, but aside from a few essentials (passports, IDs, your children) - there really isn't too much that we could forget to pack that cant be replaced or just go without.

Anyway - not trying to pick on Jaime - but as great as these boards are, I think the urgency & necessity of things can get overblown BIG TIME.
Would I enjoy doing Palo Brunch again?
Absolutely.
Will I line up at 1pm with everyone else to see if I can get a Palo Brunch?
Absolutely.
Will I spend more than two seconds being disappointed if I don't get a Palo Brunch?
Absolutely NOT
I'll simply take it as an opportunity to do some other awesome activity that I would have missed while eating brunch. Whats that? I think its the Mickey 500 calling my name or maybe a Champagne tasting...
Either way, I am going to have ONE HECK OF A VACATION! Cant wait to meet everyone!!:grouphug:

Bryan & Lisa

Stress? Huh? What's that? Haha :) The only "must do" thing I haven't done yet that might run me into trouble is that I haven't reserved a rental car to get from port to airport when we get back... There are worse places to be stuck though, right??? ;)

Why? Donald Duck doesnt wear any.:donald:
(ok, I know I've used that one before, but I couldn't resist :lmao:)

:rotfl2: Doesn't get any less funny though :rotfl2:

I made my "official" cruise folder-- printed out the menus and the navigators! Sat there during PT (during bike time and palliative time) scouring the fun stuff there will be to eat and do! PT thought I was studying... I told him I WAS! :)

I am hoping to pick the brains of all you wonderful people.

While on the cruise two of our daughters will celebrate birthdays - in a twist of fate, our oldest daughter and youngest daughter share a birthday on May 24th. This year our oldest turns Sweet 16 and the youngest turns 9. We were so excited to be able to book the cruise over their birthdays! These are two very special girls - Emma is such a beautiful, independant, and soulful yong woman and Leila is our little miracle, surviving a severe heart defect, and three open heart surgeries and we are frankly blessed she is still with us! (We have a fantastically talented middle daughter too! Might have to rebook onboard for her birthday :wizard:)

We are trying to come up with ways to make that day special for them. Would some of you folks on the cruise meet board be willing to drop of notes to our staterooms wishing them happy birthday?

I was also thinking of bringing streamers to decorate the staterooms and making some special birthday magnets for the doors (we will have to see if time allows for that one given my earlier post :rolleyes1). I plan on checking with Guest Services to see if they have anything special we could arrange. I recall people on the main board talking about a special dessert being delivered in the MDR - so I hope I can get that arranged.

Any other ideas from you experts??

Count on us for birthday cards :bday: !

Friends:
Rescue me: what type markers do you need for the pillowcase signatures? As a guy, I just know you don't want it to bleed in the washer... thanks!

Friends:
Rescue me: what type markers do you need for the pillowcase signatures? As a guy, I just know you don't want it to bleed in the washer... thanks!

You can get special fabric markers at hobby, craft and sewing stores that should do the job quite nicely.

Thanks for the nice responses. I have to say, after nine months of hard work (started August 1), it was weird hitting my mark and having no one at home to share the news with (boys in bed, husband on a plane, family in a different time zone...)! Thank goodness for this kind little corner of the world where people are willing to share in a little joy and almost always online to provide instant gratification. ;)

Congrats! 100lbs is an amazing achievement!:yay:

While on the cruise two of our daughters will celebrate birthdays - in a twist of fate, our oldest daughter and youngest daughter share a birthday on May 24th. This year our oldest turns Sweet 16 and the youngest turns 9.
... We are trying to come up with ways to make that day special for them. Would some of you folks on the cruise meet board be willing to drop of notes to our staterooms wishing them happy birthday?

Count us in for a note in their FE gift bag. :)

I have had an awesome weekend. Thank you to all who gave congratulations and sent messages. I appreciate it. The ceremony was amazing. It was worth the wait and I am glad I went through the ceremony.

Congrats from us too! Glad the ceremony was amazing too! :woohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAso9NksG8s

This is my cousin, Dustin-- He's only 4 months younger than me (he's 32) and we were raised as siblings, so very close... Please keep him in your prayers... Hoping to lose the breathing tube in the next several days and go back to being on bi-pap. He has Duchenne muscular dystrophy, so this course of events is somewhat expected, but still scary... We've been VERY lucky to have him this long as we lost his younger brother at 27. They're definitely my heroes :)

He's in our prayers. :hug:

Well this has been a crazy week. As you guys know, last August I decided to open my own practice. Well out of the blue, two different firms made me job offers this past week. One came from a firm that I do a lot of contract work for, and I already get along great with all the attorneys there. So, long story short, when I come back from the cruise it will be to a new job with a defense firm in Dallas.:banana::banana:

Ultimately, I will strike back out on my own - but it will be nice to have the predictable income for a few years.

Congrats! :yay:

So, just got some amazing news from the Chefy hubby....apparently BP is a huge sponsor for the Olympics in London....they will have a few "celebrity" chefs at the Olympics to cook for their large 300-400 VIP parties...They want a chef from the coast ........The list started with a lot of chefs from Tx, La, Ms, Ga, Fl, and Al, ..got narrowed down from 50, to 20 to 4....guess who has a 1 in 4 odds of going to the OLYMPICS??? CHRIS!!! Please say some prayers that he is selected!! OMG the OLYMPICS! Even if he dosn't get chosen, just to be on the list of the top 4?!?!?! WOW! Lets hope we get to spend a few days this summer in LONDON AT THE OLYPMICS!! So proud of him!!! :cool1::banana::scared1:popcorn:::rolleyes1:yay:

How wonderful to be in the final 4! I'm sending up a prayer too. :)

How exciting!!!! I will pray that he gets in! Would be such and honor and a cool experience for you and your family!!!

How fabulous!! Congrats!! :cool1:

Someone asked about FL weather (I have only lived here 4.5 years). My basic philosophy in life is to Never Worry about the things you cannot control :confused3 (yes, weather falls under this category) and Don't Sweat the little things...of course, only you can decide what constitutes big vs little and it is relative...that said, I have been on cruises where the winds were high enough that we were unable to tender; :worried: unable to dock at CC (my first Disney Dream cruise :( ); ships rock'n'rolling,:eek: etc. Weather cannot be predicted this far out, so we just play this by ear! The captains do everything that they can to keep us away from big storms and to give us the smoothest sail that they can. And, no one has ever melted with a little rain, right? :rolleyes2 We are going to have a fabulous cruise with a brand new ship to explore and lots of new friends to meet!! Seasickness :headache: can be annoying, but the meds/patches, etc work fairly well for most. Illness :sick: can happen, but Disney is really great with reminding people about handwashing (THE most preventative thing you can do) and they hand out wipes as you enter every dining area for every meal. If you forget something, it is likely that someone else can help, or you can buy/get it on board (pirate/princess gear, some clothing, sunscreen, etc). :goodvibes
I am so looking forward to meeting you all!:hug:

Love this attitude -- trying to learn it!! :)

OK - I fully recognized that being on the disboards automatically qualifies us all as type "A" personality vacation planners (hello:wave:, my name is Bryan, and I'm a DIsaholic), - BUT - between this post & your blog post about over-planing, it may be about time for us to stage a DIServention for you:lmao:

Don't forget that all the great tips we read on here are just that - tips - not requirements. Whats the old saying about packing? Something like, "pack everything you need, then take half out." I'm pretty sure half the over-the-door shoe holders & pop-up hampers wouldn't even be needed, but we're all trying to figure out where to store the million +1 "recommended items to pack" that we read about on the disboards.

I guess the bottom line is that a Disney Cruise is nothing like planning for the Disney Parks - You really can just go with the flow, have a great time, and not worry that you are somehow "missing out" on something.

I know we are all starting to stress a little because its getting down to crunch time, but aside from a few essentials (passports, IDs, your children) - there really isn't too much that we could forget to pack that cant be replaced or just go without.

Anyway - not trying to pick on Jaime - but as great as these boards are, I think the urgency & necessity of things can get overblown BIG TIME.
Would I enjoy doing Palo Brunch again?
Absolutely.
Will I line up at 1pm with everyone else to see if I can get a Palo Brunch?
Absolutely.
Will I spend more than two seconds being disappointed if I don't get a Palo Brunch?
Absolutely NOT
I'll simply take it as an opportunity to do some other awesome activity that I would have missed while eating brunch. Whats that? I think its the Mickey 500 calling my name or maybe a Champagne tasting...
Either way, I am going to have ONE HECK OF A VACATION! Cant wait to meet everyone!!:grouphug:

Bryan & Lisa

This too - great advice Bryan!!!!

Ok, didn't multi-quote the rest.

Meg - size 4 -- WOW!!! that is the size of my thigh!!! :rotfl: You must be so proud and who cares about extra clothes -- you earned it!!!

Marci - count us in for birthday cards!!! Jen's suggestions were awesome although I get the part of a 15 year old not wanting to be matchy matchy. Sabrina is already getting like that and she is only 10!

Jennifer - save travels and see you soon!

Oh my goodness! We are getting close aren't we! I have been distracted waiting on Sabrina's latest numbers (her back x-rays) but thankfully this has still keep my spirits up. We hope to hear soon and hope she gets clearance to ride RnR roller coaster after the cruise. Still need to get some last minute things done. Doctor told me to give the kids bonine so ordered kid's bonine online. Have my over the door hanger thingy and pop up hamper. Pirate costumes arrive on Friday....getting close!!!

I am so excited!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Meg - size 4 -- WOW!!! that is the size of my thigh!!! :rotfl: You must be so proud and who cares about extra clothes -- you earned it!!!

Yes, but remember I have a full cruise before I see you guys :scared1: ...I'm bringing the size 8's along j u s t i n c a s e . . . . .:duck:

Good luck with Sabrina!

And by the way, Mati, you are amazing with everyone's names. What's your secret?

Yes, but remember I have a full cruise before I see you guys :scared1: ...I'm bringing the size 8's along j u s t i n c a s e . . . . .:duck:

Good luck with Sabrina!

And by the way, Mati, you are amazing with everyone's names. What's your secret?

Well, you are in my group FE exchange so have yours on a spreadsheet next to the computer. :rolleyes1 In fact, have been lucky with that. Some folks are so good about posting that we know them by name like Jaimie and Jen. I am really horrible with names so let's see how I do on the cruise!

You will not need the size 8s. Just take the stairs everywhere and you will be fine. I did that last time and only gained a pound. This time I am on deck 2 so hoping will really help keep the weight off -- heaven knows I can't afford any more! :rotfl2: All that being said, was told by my trainer to not stress about workouts and look for a stretching class. I need to de-stress in a MAJOR way so hopefully can get into a good routine, for at least the week we are on the ship.

Have fun and we will see you soon!!!

OK, all. Signing off. It's 11:30 PM and I am not the least bit sleepy :-)hyper:). Think of us tomorrow, we will be on the transatlantic flight from 8:00AM-6:00PM EST tomorrow. Reunion with Daddy/DH on arrival.

See you at the port (or at the meet). Thanks again to those who have organized us, FE's, role calls, bracelets, advice, cheerleading...we couldn't have done it without you, and what a special group this has turned out to be. I've been talking to some of you for over a year, and here we are, about to do it!

I will try to check in while on board. If anyone has any questions that you think I can help with from the ship, do let me know.

Best wishes for safe travel to everyone and good luck on all the last minute details.

:bitelip::yay:Yip-yip-yipeee!!!!!!!:yay::bitelip:

Meg

OK, all. Signing off. It's 11:30 PM and I am not the least bit sleepy :-)hyper:). Think of us tomorrow, we will be on the transatlantic flight from 8:00AM-6:00PM EST tomorrow. Reunion with Daddy/DH on arrival.

See you at the port (or at the meet). Thanks again to those who have organized us, FE's, role calls, bracelets, advice, cheerleading...we couldn't have done it without you, and what a special group this has turned out to be. I've been talking to some of you for over a year, and here we are, about to do it!

I will try to check in while on board. If anyone has any questions that you think I can help with from the ship, do let me know.

Best wishes for safe travel to everyone and good luck on all the last minute details.

Meg

Have a safe, fun trip and a happy reunion with DH!! Enjoy the cruise!!!

Quick question: is the 3rd DD whose birthday it is not going to be sailing as well? Will she get bent out of shape with the other 2 getting all of the attention? How old is she? (when people have a 2nd or 3rd baby, I am the one who always has to give a gift to the big bro/sis LOL)....just the nurse and the mom in me coming out!! ::yes::

:cool1:
I am hoping to pick the brains of all you wonderful people.

While on the cruise two of our daughters will celebrate birthdays - in a twist of fate, our oldest daughter and youngest daughter share a birthday on May 24th. This year our oldest turns Sweet 16 and the youngest turns 9. We were so excited to be able to book the cruise over their birthdays! These are two very special girls - Emma is such a beautiful, independant, and soulful yong woman and Leila is our little miracle, surviving a severe heart defect, and three open heart surgeries and we are frankly blessed she is still with us! (We have a fantastically talented middle daughter too! Might have to rebook onboard for her birthday :wizard:)

We are trying to come up with ways to make that day special for them. Would some of you folks on the cruise meet board be willing to drop of notes to our staterooms wishing them happy birthday?

I was also thinking of bringing streamers to decorate the staterooms and making some special birthday magnets for the doors (we will have to see if time allows for that one given my earlier post :rolleyes1). I plan on checking with Guest Services to see if they have anything special we could arrange. I recall people on the main board talking about a special dessert being delivered in the MDR - so I hope I can get that arranged.

Any other ideas from you experts??

Hannah and I are going shopping for the last few things tomorrow - cards have been added to the list :thumbsup2

Elaine

Meg

Have a great trip!!!!! We'll see you soon!

Jen princess:

Wow, lots of congratulations are in order - Boomerang4, Jaymepops, and a few others. Such great news!

As for us, we leave in 11 hours... so this will be my final post on the DIS before the cruise. Thanks everyone for the pre-trip fun and we'll see you onboard! :)

We probably overpacked too. This is our first trip where we needed all four of our suitcases! (Two big ones and two small carry ons, one of which is full of FE gifts.)

Safe travels!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter