**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Was just able to book a dinner at Palo for those who didn't get one! There are a bunch of nights and times open!

FYI:thumbsup2

I just went to check Palo availability for dinner.....and there were a ton of open spots for every day posted, I wanted to change my Palo reservation to an earlier time and did so with no problem......:banana:

this is what i have so far, please copy and paste list and add your name and sizes if you want to be included. please remember, if you are participating in FE that you will be getting a wristband courtesy of a generous (and anonymous) donor so add your names! :0)

mstinson14 2 large
mom2LLN 2 adult, 3 child (are the adult large or med?)
livingtheWDWdream need sizes
elaine dragonlady 3 adult
nonni 2L, 1M, 2C
barbreis 1M
pirategirrrl 1L, 1M or C
5Dreamers 5 sizes?
carouselkr 2A (large or med?)
jaymepops 2A (large or med?), 2C
kimistry6 4 sizes?
donaldsgal 2A (large or med?) , 1C
jgamy 2L, 2M
stjohnscrew how many? sizes?

**if you know someone who is participating in FE but hasn't posted here about the wristbands, please ask them to come and weigh in!**

We are in the FE and would need 2 adult larges, please and thank you to the anonymous donor!

Also, John our sincere appreciation for all the many hours you spent on the FE and we are so sorry about the health problems with your parents. God bless you and give you peace!

I just went to check Palo availability for dinner.....and there were a ton of open spots for every day posted, I wanted to change my Palo reservation to an earlier time and did so with no problem......:banana:

Thanks for the heads up! I was just able to add my in-laws to our Palo Dinner on Pirate Night.:thumbsup2

We are in the FE and would need 2 adult larges, please and thank you to the anonymous donor!

Also, John our sincere appreciation for all the many hours you spent on the FE and we are so sorry about the health problems with your parents. God bless you and give you peace!

Originally Posted by bookite
this is what i have so far, please copy and paste list and add your name and sizes if you want to be included. please remember, if you are participating in FE that you will be getting a wristband courtesy of a generous (and anonymous) donor so add your names! :0)

mstinson14 2 large
mom2LLN 2 adult, 3 child (are the adult large or med?)
livingtheWDWdream need sizes
elaine dragonlady 3 adult
nonni 2L, 1M, 2C
barbreis 1M
pirategirrrl 1L, 1M or C
5Dreamers 5 sizes?
carouselkr 2A (large or med?)
jaymepops 2A (large or med?), 2C
kimistry6 4 sizes?
donaldsgal 2A (large or med?) , 1C
jgamy 2L, 2M
stjohnscrew how many? sizes?

**if you know someone who is participating in FE but hasn't posted here about the wristbands, please ask them to come and weigh in!**

We are participating in FE and I haven't been on in a while. Quickly trying to catch up a little.
Sourgrapes - 2 adults L/M & 2 kids - (for wrist bands I think? Thank you)

We got all nine adults of the eleven traveling in to Palo on Wednesday night. Should be a movie night, no show, right? Plus, we got 6:30-8:30....sooooo...if it's our Animator's Palette night with the animations, we can still show up for our dinner table and watch the show!

Guys, I don't mean to create any extra worry, and at this point there is no way to manage or change the status quo for your family, but I have to weigh in on something I've seen in a number of posts here and in other threads. If you leave the borders of the U.S., particularly with minors or elderly, everyone in your party should always have a passport.[...]

So if was up to me, my niece would have had her Passport last year or at the latest by January or February. My sister, who I love dearly, did not get this taken care of quickly. About two weeks ago she started taking action on it. Why? Because I was home and insisted and we, uh, discussed the need to get it done. Long story short, it was too close to the cruise for us to be able to send away Hannah's birth certificate to get a passport, even if we expedited it. It was just cutting it too close. Plus, add to that fact that Hannah is adopted from an international country and cannot just go to the local Clerk of Courts office to get a second certified copy (have to go through the State Vital Records office, which means an in-person visit to the state capital)... yeah, it didn't get done. :headache: I love her, and she's got a lot on her plate. But a passport application doesn't do much good sitting on the kitchen counter for two months... :rolleyes1

Now this little rant is just between us, right? ;)

I am having to make the active and conscious choice not to stress about this. We'll have our passports and her birth certificate with us, so I hope that'll be enough.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh, wait, I mean :yay::yay::yay:

You crack me up!

Thank you LadyofNawlins, but I thought I had read posts in which the rotation was not strictly the 3 in repeating sequence...

We're anxious to not miss the animator's animated placemat show doing Palo. So wanted to be prepared. thanks,
Scott

Just wanted to say I had no idea that you were a guy! I always assumed it was Mrs. dlf246 who was posting! ;) Sorry, Scott! Thanks for posting your name so I could correct that assumption BEFORE meeting you!

We don't want to miss the placemat show, either, but I was thinking that if Palo was Wednesday, we wouldn't miss it because we'll have been to every restaurant once. Is that not correct? Please enlighten me! :)

Was just able to book a dinner at Palo for those who didn't get one! There are a bunch of nights and times open!

I am very happy they have more Palo options available. We were able to move back our Palo reservation because of the increased availability, which is great because it means we'll get to see the whole show! Yay! But I'm struggling to understand the logic here. Why, magically, were more seatings available today? Does it strike anyone else as odd, the apparent total and utter randomity (totally made up word :)) of how Disney releases such things? They were either hanging onto reservations and released them, which makes me wonder why they were hanging onto them, or they suddenly added more space to Palo. I really hope this doesn't mean they had a computer glitch, but I guess if they did, if we've got reservations, we can petition outside their doors until they let us in! :) I'm not really mad, but I wish Disney operated with more rhyme and reason than they do.

In other news, today was my last day of work. The university's summer break started today, and I get summers off, so I said goodbye to my office for the next 90 days. Woo hoo!!! I still work my part time job over the summer, but I'll be going from 55 hours a week to 19! Party time, and the trip to Disney/the cruise is a great way to kick it off!

Have a wonderful night, one and all! :)

Sourgrapes and OKRays, I ordered bands for both of you. Sour grapes we went with 2lg & 2med for you. The child size is really small so hopefully it all works out ok!

And carousel...thank you.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I hope those of you who bought "commercial" FEs don't stress about it. Any gift is a gift. It really is the thought that counts here. Some might be homemade, but it's just an act of kindness to have brought something to share with your DIS friends! And for those of you who aren't participating, that's okay, too! No judgment here! :)

Oh, and I forgot to say, I hope those of you who bought "commercial" FEs don't stress about it. Any gift is a gift. It really is the thought that counts here. Some might be homemade, but it's just an act of kindness to have brought something to share with your DIS friends! And for those of you who aren't participating, that's okay, too! No judgment here! :)

I feel like a little kid on the FE things.....can't wait to see what we receive!!! Just hoping against all hope that our gifts are loved----we put a lot of time into them!!!!

We ordered an FE off of eBay....and are hoping there are no issues with delivery. Fingers crossed!!!

DCL website appears to be down right now when you try to log into your activities. I hope it wasn't some sort of glitch that allowed all the palo reservations last night. Hope you printed out your confirmations or screen shots or something showing it booked. Maybe it'll be working again soon. I didn't want palo. I really want a cabana, but I know it's probably hopeless at this point. Anyone have one they don't want??? :rotfl:

Sourgrapes and OKRays, I ordered bands for both of you. Sour grapes we went with 2lg & 2med for you. The child size is really small so hopefully it all works out ok!

Thanks much Bookite! We were gone for the past week and I missed all the bracelet posts until I had time to get caught up last night. :)

Quick question to anyone that drives to the port on I-75 through Georgia. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay? We want to stay overnight driving back after the cruise. We want to stop before we get to Atlanta.

Has anyone ever stayed at Ron Jon resort? It's right next to the port. Or heard anything about it? We are staying there the night before and I'm curious to see if anyone has any thoughts on it. Seems like most people are staying elsewhere.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY????:bitelip::hyper::dance3::woohoo::goodvibes::yes:::cloud9::cheer2::teeth:

Last minute things to pack/remember? I remembered how useful it was to have tape, a small pair of scissors, and a few bag clips onboard. And a corkscrew :-)rolleyes1) for shore purchases... I packed a little bag of "tools".

Anyone else remember something?

kimistry, we are planning to stay just south of atlanta thurs night and then again on sun night. probably in macon (3.5 hrs from chatt). nothing fancy, just the Holiday inn express, lol! (it's right off 75 and as of right now it's $84)

Lara

Thanks so much! Sounds perfect :). Getting excited.....see everyone on Sat at the family pool at 3pm !!!!!!:yay:

There is one main road that fora around the island. The airport is technically in Simpson bay I believe, maho is past the airport where the Old golf course/destroyed time shares are. We lived just on the other side of that in cupecoy. If you are really adventurous, you can get on a "bus" (it was a dollar or two when we lived there) and ask to be taken to the airport, or better yet, sunset beach. The runway runs between the bay/lagoon and the sea/ocean. They were building a new airport when we were living there, I honestly can't remember if it was finished when we were there last, four years ago. Hopefully all this fun stuff still goes on! As for injuries, I WAS surprised at the debris that blew at us ( yeah didn't think it thru very well, lol!) but I just turned my head and was fine. The first plane started at an angle and blew people getting into their cars at the nice restaurant down the beach, I saw a camera fly out of a guy's hands! Then the 2nd one was a little smaller but it did blow a lot. The reason the really big KLM planE is/was so crazy was b/c in order to get enough speed theY had to back right up to the fence to take off. I probably wouldn't do that (stand behind it)

Our family is looking into renting a big van and just making the rounds. If anyone wants to caravan, let me know. Island drivers are what I call "courteous but not cautious" and if they honk at you with a little "toot, toot!" it's a hello or thank you. It's only if you see an American behind the wheel that it is meant otherwise. Also watch out for scooters, those guys are CRAZY. I've seen a guy pop a wheelie and land it on the front fender of a car, recover, then ride off, only to pop another one, lol! Eek! I am sooo excited to go back! Lol!

I meant to mention that our 10 yo ds will be in the club and we are hoping that when we go to ak next year when he is 11 that he will be allowed in there still. I'm not at all interested in the edge for him. He is young for his age.

Do we have a list somewhere of all the kids by gender and age? We had that for our last cruise and it was nice to see those close in age to my kids...

Our son is 10 and daughter 6. I worked as a croupier on Carnival in the 80's so have been to St Martin several times. We booked a local Island tour (20 ppl) with a bit of everything and hopefully Sunset Beach...can't recall but it's around 6 hrs with Butterfly Farm, shopping, beach....should be fun :) I do recall being afraid of the daring trips on dirt roads with very few street signals!:scared1:I've warned the kids about Orient Beach, but look forward to the experience for all....we should be on a more family friendly section but c'est la vie if we're not ?:confused3We chose the same type of tour for St Thomas with a taste of multiple activities and possibly helmet dive for my son and me , but still not sure if I'll allow that yet...little scary:confused:Hope to meet everyone Sat at 3pm!:woohoo:

DCL website appears to be down right now when you try to log into your activities. I hope it wasn't some sort of glitch that allowed all the palo reservations last night. Hope you printed out your confirmations or screen shots or something showing it booked. Maybe it'll be working again soon. I didn't want palo. I really want a cabana, but I know it's probably hopeless at this point. Anyone have one they don't want??? :rotfl:

I've wondered same thing.... be glad we don't work in IS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter