**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Guys, I don't mean to create any extra worry, and at this point there is no way to manage or change the status quo for your family, but I have to weigh in on something I've seen in a number of posts here and in other threads. If you leave the borders of the U.S., particularly with minors or elderly, everyone in your party should always have a passport. It's an added expense, yes, but they are good for 10 years and in worst case scenarios, if you need to fly home for an emergency or if you need to use a hospital, having one will save you hours and hours of headache time. Please never leave the U.S. without a passport if possible, even if a cruise line allows it. That said, if you are not carrying one, you are not in danger, it can be handled, but as a person who has on occasion had to help American citizens overseas, this suggestion is meant to save you A LOT of hassle.

DH worked the surprise visit of POTUS to Afghanistan. Sounded like it was a crazy night, but the media leaks were really dangerous for him and those traveling with him. It is a war zone, unfortunately.

I want to apologize up front for having simple and small FE gifts. No craftiness, and was focused on what wouldn't take up too much weight/space on the flight from Europe to Orlando. I know you guys are not the type to focus on these things, but I'm just putting it out there, we're not coming up with the marvelous/personal/beautiful/clever stuff that it sounds like many of you are. And I, for one, can't wait to see what everyone has created!

---------------------------------

OK, my own answers:

--What are you most worried about (sane response)? Either me and the boys or DH not making it to FL in time for the sailing. We have planned a buffer of two nights, but DH has to take 4 flights. :worried:

--What are you most worried about (not so sane response)? The above. Two extra days really should cover it, so it's not really a sane concern.

--More social on the boards or on the cruise? Even steven? for sure on the boards. Not due to choice, but my il's, my mom and my husband's grandfather will be with us and we'll be focusing on some time together. But I will be at the meet for sure!

--Day or night you are most looking forward to? Castaway Cay. Never been!

--New flavor you expect to try? I plan to be adventurous in Remy, so whatever is on offer.

Wow I've been away for a week and can't believe how much traffic there is. some comments before I go further

If it proves impossible, could we get something to stick on the plastic pockets on our lanyards to identify each other, it could even be something as simple as a sticky paper dot in a certain colour.

Well, I suppose we need to decide if we should go and book a taxi or park at the airport, and organise car hire for the first part of our holiday.

Take care, see you all soon,

Elaine :flower3:

In case this hasn't been answered there was an earlier post where someone created something like this and there is a link. I don't have it offhand but I will look it up if need be.

So are we, but that's less relevant than the fact that I'm, uh, graduating from IUSB and have very strong connections to that other university which shares the gold, but tends to be more blue than black (if you catch my drift) :rolleyes1

Speak for yourself Reimero, I'm not catholic ;)
But I do like blue and gold ;)

Just so you know.... Our first cruise was crazy:confused3! We had no clue what to expect. Just take it in all of it. The Disney cruise is packed full of stuff to do and places to be, but if you don't watch out it will be over as quick as it started. Take time to enjoy! Is this your first cruise ever?

No, we have cruised on Carnival (3 times) and Royal Caribbean (2 times). Mostly I was concerned because we have never taken our son on a cruise and traveling with a toddler is so different than traveling alone. My DH and I usually go with the flow with no plans but I feel you can't really do that with a 3 year old. Thank you for making me feel at ease about the late dinner. I think we will keep it after all based on the time of the shows ;)

Since JohnPA is probably very (rightfully) preoccupied, perhaps this weekend I will take the FE spreadsheet and try to create a 'kid-friendly' version.

Sue:

Using Tony's email address, you can login to Google Docs and edit the spreadsheet. I made a third tab called "Kids! Kids! Kids!" and copied all the info from the first page there. You can cut and paste as you please. I started to do it, but realized we probably wanted parent's names, staterooms, etc on it so that you could quickly identify who to contact for introductions and such.

If you don't get to it, I'll do it on Saturday.

"I'm too excited to sleep!"

John

No, we have cruised on Carnival (3 times) and Royal Caribbean (2 times). Mostly I was concerned because we have never taken our son on a cruise and traveling with a toddler is so different than traveling alone. My DH and I usually go with the flow with no plans but I feel you can't really do that with a 3 year old. Thank you for making me feel at ease about the late dinner. I think we will keep it after all based on the time of the shows ;)

Sues14 and I have traveled with our twin nephews (age 5 at last cruise) on the Magic, and I can say that the Dine and Dash program is AWESOME. To give you a little more detail....yes they take the kids orders right away, but I want to stress how quickly the food comes out without making it all feel too rushed. The boys got to eat, have dessert (if they wanted) and still be collected timely by the club counselors.... Then the focus was the food, and the environment, and the social interaction with other adults. Now with Animator's Palette, it remains to be seen if using Dine and Dash is preferrable; I'd be concerned that they would miss out on the fun of that dining experience. I'm still impressed with the program as a whole, for the late diners.

So I need to get on these boards daily!!!! Maybe several times a day, lol :) This thing has exploded! I'm supposed to be writing a report for work and, instead, I'm going through an emotional roller coaster on the boards, haha :-) So much going on with everyone before we leave-- good, bad, fun, sad... I know everyone will be thoroughly glad to be on this boat! I will be!!!!

Had my first PT session today. This guy is amazing. He spent an hour and a half on my knee-- all in one session I got ultrasound therapy, electro therapy with lidocaine and cold compress, a deep tissue massage (sounds more satisfying than it was as the area massaged was still painful despite the lidocaine!). I told him I was going on a cruise in 2 weeks and he put me down for 3x a week for the next 2 weeks to try to get it ship-shape :) I was hoping to lose the immobilizer, but he said not yet... Hopefully for the cruise...

Now for the fun stuff! I love these question thingies :)

OK, new questions for anyone who is game: :rolleyes1

--What are you most worried about (sane response)?

Worried that I'm not planning enough. I made our Palo ressies, but didn't do port excursions. We are planning to stay on the boat in St. Maarten (might get off briefly to feed the foodie in me...), but really want to relax. Only, in relaxing, I'm stressing, haha :)

--What are you most worried about (not so sane response)?

Having to come back home!!!!!

--More social on the boards or on the cruise? Even steven?

I'm more social on the boards... I am one of those "talk when talked to" kind of people... I promise I'm not being rude! I'm just not that good at starting up conversations and I'm afraid I'm not going to remember who everyone is (Ok, I KNOW I'm not going to remember who everyone is!) and mix everything from the boards up, haha :)

--Day or night you are most looking forward to?

Probably 2nd day at sea (Palo) and Castaway Cay :-) Possibly St. Maarten since we'll have an empty boat ;)

--New flavor you expect to try?

EVERYTHING!!!! I'm a definite foodie. I think the favorites are the tuna/avocado tower from EG and the Grand Marnier Souffle... But I'm willing to bet that restaurant will be on our Palo night... I'm hoping I can still find it that day SOMEwhere... Maybe lunch??? Buffet? Yummmmmm.... :)

Sues14:
Thank you for your post about 3 pages back with bumps of some very helpful posts like the navigators link. I got behind due to unbelievably work hours (70 hrs/ week); and thoughtful posts like that so help.

Hey, does anyone have the 3 permutations of the dining rotations? I'm pretty sure it is not a strict ARPARPARP kind of thing. There were threads on this when fantasy first launched, but none recently. thanks

So EXCITED... I will be going through my commencement Ceremony on Saturday and then celebrating it with family at 'Ohanas at Disney's Polynesian Hotel for dinner, followed by Wishes from the beach!

Then we will be spending time with the family that flew in for Saturday this next week and Tuesday and Wednesday will be our Disney Days and doing Epcot (with Dinner at Teppan Edo) Tuesday and then Wednesday will be Magic Kingdom.

They leave on Friday next week and then it will be a mad dash for us to pack everything and get everything together. We are just waiting on a few more things for our FE we aren't creative at all so we went the more "commerical" way and well I apologize for it not being more artsy and creative and personal.

Will have a busy few weeks and then its the cruise and it will be relax mode all the way!

Does anybody on here have kids who play Draw Something? My 9 year old boy & (soon to be) 11 year old girl just started playing. If somebody close to their age has an account and plays, PM me their id & I will have my kids set up a game with them. My kids would get a kick out of playing with somebody they might get to meet on the cruise.

OK. My daughter has found somebody to play Words With Friends with & she is super excited. My son would like to find somebody around his age for either Draw Something or Words With Friends.

OK. My daughter has found somebody to play Words With Friends with & she is super excited. My son would like to find somebody around his age for either Draw Something or Words With Friends.

Sabrina is very excited too!! :)

So EXCITED... I will be going through my commencement Ceremony on Saturday and then celebrating it with family at 'Ohanas at Disney's Polynesian Hotel for dinner, followed by Wishes from the beach!

Then we will be spending time with the family that flew in for Saturday this next week and Tuesday and Wednesday will be our Disney Days and doing Epcot (with Dinner at Teppan Edo) Tuesday and then Wednesday will be Magic Kingdom.

They leave on Friday next week and then it will be a mad dash for us to pack everything and get everything together. We are just waiting on a few more things for our FE we aren't creative at all so we went the more "commerical" way and well I apologize for it not being more artsy and creative and personal.

Will have a busy few weeks and then its the cruise and it will be relax mode all the way!

So exciting!!!!

So I need to get on these boards daily!!!! Maybe several times a day, lol :) This thing has exploded! I'm supposed to be writing a report for work and, instead, I'm going through an emotional roller coaster on the boards, haha :-) So much going on with everyone before we leave-- good, bad, fun, sad... I know everyone will be thoroughly glad to be on this boat! I will be!!!!

Had my first PT session today. This guy is amazing. He spent an hour and a half on my knee-- all in one session I got ultrasound therapy, electro therapy with lidocaine and cold compress, a deep tissue massage (sounds more satisfying than it was as the area massaged was still painful despite the lidocaine!). I told him I was going on a cruise in 2 weeks and he put me down for 3x a week for the next 2 weeks to try to get it ship-shape :) I was hoping to lose the immobilizer, but he said not yet... Hopefully for the cruise...

Wow! Sounds like he is giving you the works!! Hope you get out of the immobilizer quickly! Hang in there!

Sues14:
Hey, does anyone have the 3 permutations of the dining rotations? I'm pretty sure it is not a strict ARPARPARP kind of thing. There were threads on this when fantasy first launched, but none recently. thanks

Here you go:

RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

So jealous! I love ohana but it looks like we won't have enough time to dine there this trip .... I miss that pineapple caramelish dipping sauce dessert mmmm :)

CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2: That's a great milestone to achieve. And a great way to celebrate it!

Don't fret on the FE stuff. This is just for fun and I've loved EVERYTHING I received because it was given by a friend. (don't tell anyone, but after our last cruise, we checked into the Disney Hilton Head Resort and for dinner . . . I ate all the FE candy. :lmao:)

Can't wait, we're coming down the home stretch. We have just 8 more days of work before we start our drive down. We'll be at Comfort Inn & Suites on Friday and will be over at Fishlips for lunch/dinner I think. If anyone wants to try and meet up beforehand just post or PM me.

Here you go:

RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

Thank you LadyofNawlins, but I thought I had read posts in which the rotation was not strictly the 3 in repeating sequence...

We're anxious to not miss the animator's animated placemat show doing Palo. So wanted to be prepared. thanks,
Scott

Here you go:

RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

TY! However, you won't know which rotation you have until you check in and receive your KTTW cards so still hard to make plans around the rotations.

Please never leave the U.S. without a passport if possible, even if a cruise line allows it. That said, if you are not carrying one, you are not in danger, it can be handled, but as a person who has on occasion had to help American citizens overseas, this suggestion is meant to save you A LOT of hassle.

Ditto on this suggestion, however, since cruise ships do not currently require passports for all, it may be hard to get them (and costly to expedite) at this point...but, recommend you carry your ID docs with you.

I want to apologize up front for having simple and small FE gifts. No craftiness, and was focused on what wouldn't take up too much weight/space on the flight from Europe to Orlando. I know you guys are not the type to focus on these things, but I'm just putting it out there, we're not coming up with the marvelous/personal/beautiful/clever stuff that it sounds like many of you are. And I, for one, can't wait to see what everyone has created!

Personally, despite this being my 11th DCL tour, I have always been hesitant to participate in the FE...never even participated in these boards much, and am enjoying it immensely. I would be interested to know what people give (you don't have to post here as I know you all want to maintain the magic) and would love to see/hear about all of your presents after the fact so I can plan to maybe participate for future cruises!

--New flavor you expect to try? I plan to be adventurous in Remy, so whatever is on offer.

If you are really adventurous and don't mind the costs, which can run pretty high, the chef's tasting menus with wine pairings are really fabulous and fun (however, DH & I probably spent almost as much on that dinner as we had on the whole 3-night cruise in January!!)

Sorry if I've been obnoxious in my sxm info monologues I am just starting to realize how excited I am and how close it is!! Kids have 11 days of school left!

You are so helpful with your info & insights, and not in the least, obnoxious IMHO!

--What are you most worried about (sane response)?
An allergic reaction to something, even a minor reaction, because it would ruin at least two days of our vacation. Even worse if it requires evacuation to hospital. :(

Since one of our DD has a gluten allergy, we have found that WDW restaurants and cruises in general are great in dealing with allergies (she has never been on a DCL, but last time we did "tea" on the Disney Dream, a gentleman at the next table had a great tea gluten-free, and they even wrapped the goodies he had left to take back to his room!)

--New flavor you expect to try?
An allergy-friendly dessert besides fresh fruit. We had chocolate lava cake once that was awesome... I'm hoping the chef will come up with something fun.

Still not packed :confused3 but not worrying about that either LOL Looking forward to meeting everyone - have never been on a cruise where I actually "knew" people ahead of time.
WOW! I think I actually figured out (somewhat) how to do this quote and multi-quote thing!:banana:

Thank you LadyofNawlins, but I thought I had read posts in which the rotation was not strictly the 3 in repeating sequence...

We're anxious to not miss the animator's animated placemat show doing Palo. So wanted to be prepared. thanks,
Scott

These were the rotations my travel agent received from DCL for the Eastern Fantasy cruises.

(I think the rotations are different for the western itineraries.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter