**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Man, this is all so stressful, I think I might start planning a vacation for when we get home!!!

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

You can tell from my signature, have been on a number of cruises. DizDaddy's comment, perhaps tongue in cheek, is VERY IMPORTANT for us overplanners, worried about details, do LOTS of stuff, plan every minute... :scared1:

I still am afflicted with the disease, but slowly am learning to relax and enjoy... may take another 10 cruises to do that :rotfl2:

Wow, this board has REALLY picked up - looks like daily check-ins are necessary now :yay:

Hi everyone! Sorry to join sooo late!

Hi. My DH and I are taking our first Disney cruise with our DS (3.5) on this sailing. We are so excited about the trip but a little dissapointed as well. WE booked last minute (in late March) and haven't been able to book anything we wanted to do on the ship. Also, we only had the option for the late dinner. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get any of these?

:welcome: cbkaity & eosorio!

eosorio, just want to pass on my 2cents...regardless of what you get you'll still be on a Disney cruise for a week!! Hard for me to be disappointed with that. You get to share in the excitement and didn't even have to wait 2 years to sail :lmao: I also booked quite late and asked DH if we should wait to see if I/O/VGT cabins became available - he said he wanted to secure it for me and not bother. But if we'd waited just a few weeks we could have sailed in a verandah cabin for hundreds LESS than the oceanview we have - I could feel sad about it but I'm just delighted that I'll be on the Fantasy. Booking when I did gave me benefits, just like booking when you did likely saved you money. Just IMHO. As PP mentioned, you can usually get many of those reserved/changed onboard. Hope you have a fab cruise!

It worked out ok. DCL wanted to confirm our plans because they saw we have a HA cabin and a wheelchair/scooter on the ship.

So awesome that Disney even does the cross-referencing for you - glad it worked out!

Well between the credit for booking on the ship for our cruise and the agency's credit we have enough to cover tips, and our excursions or our spa treatment. So that rocks!

Wow, good for you! Our OBC is only enough to cover basic tips but something's better than nothin' :worship:

I play words with friends and I draw something I will try and look you up.

Great! :wave2:

--What are you most worried about (sane response)?
DH doesn't have an absolutely fantastical time

--What are you most worried about (not so sane response)?
Injury while off the ship tho I never thought of it til you posed this question! :eek:

--More social on the boards or on the cruise? Even steven?
on the cruise :dance3:

--Day or night you are most looking forward to?
I'm a geek and excited about all of them! :banana:

--New flavor you expect to try?
Grand Marnier Souffle!

I'll look you up! Any my drawings...welll....can you say stick figures? :lmao:

So not true!
:thumbsup2

you may not remember but I'm the one who lived in st Maarten for 2 years. Feel free to ask any questions.*maho/sunset beach is AWESOME!

Wow, so cool that you've done the superman fence! We're heading to Maho after the America's Cup regatta excursion. I let DH decide if he wanted to see planes or a beach day on Orient and see erm, erm :rotfl2: He :love: watching planes come in but I was gonna tell him no fence-holding -seen lotsa really bad YouTube footage including broken bones, massive head injuries, etc. Guess I'll wait and see what it's like before we decide whether to go "all in" or watch from a bar :idea:

Klam_chowder, your 2meds got ordered.

So kind of you to reply to this - thx a mint for all your efforts...much appreciated! :hug:

Have to thank all the posters - I've been a bit distracted with stuff but you're really getting me excited again! :cloud9:

cheers,
:)

In St. Maarten we are doing the afternoon beach bash on Orient Beach. One year we will be adventurous enough to do bernards tours. I really want to see Maho. I have a co-worker who loves going on Bernard's tours so next time we will do it. Our excursion isn't until 1 so we are getting off the ship and walking around a little while in the morning.

In St. Thomas we are doing the full day snorkel and Honeymoon beach.

We have similar plans. We are also doing the full day snorkel on St. Thomas and going to Orient Beach on St. Maarten. However, we are going to DIY on Orient. We wanted to get to the beach earlier and stay longer. We will explore the port area before getting back on the boat in the afternoon.

You can tell from my signature, have been on a number of cruises. DizDaddy's comment, perhaps tongue in cheek, is VERY IMPORTANT for us overplanners, worried about details, do LOTS of stuff, plan every minute... :scared1:

I still am afflicted with the disease, but slowly am learning to relax and enjoy... may take another 10 cruises to do that :rotfl2:

I wouldn't trade it for NOTHIN'! :thumbsup2

I know it VERY WELL.
I went to Fordson High School, home of the Tractors.....mow 'em down Tractors! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::hyper:
The school was built on Henry Ford's land and his tractor, painted blue and gold was a fixture at the school.
I worked at Fairlane Towne Center. Of course this was 26 years ago, and rumor has it the area has changed.....

Yes Tony, things have changed quite a bit...Fairlane is not the same.

That's funny about the tractor as a mascot! I never heard that. Now that I think about it, I went to Plymouth Salem High School, and our mascot was a rock?! :rotfl2:

Well, since Sabrina won't turn 11 until November, not sure if she will have a choice. If she does, it will be Edge for sure. If they don't let her in am thinking a ton of quality mother daughter time! :) she looks more like 13 (5' tall already and quite the young lady) so hoping they make an exception for her.

Mati, my daughter's friend got in on the Dream and she is 10, so I don't think it will be a problem for Sabrina.
Suzanne
[Wonder if we can get the girls to meet at the port and decide together? What is your arrival (all of you)? We are staying at the Hyatt MCO if anyone else is there...

We are staying at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach. Our port arrival time is 12:30 - 1:00 Suzanne

Mati, my daughter's friend got in on the Dream and she is 10, so I don't think it will be a problem for Sabrina.
Suzanne

We are staying at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach. Our port arrival time is 12:30 - 1:00 Suzanne

I am considering switching my reservation to the Courtyard. I travel for work & have a bonus night that I have to use at a Marriott by September. Currently we are booked on points at the Four Points Sheraton. We have stayed there before & really liked it, but may decide to use my free night at the Courtyard since it expires.

We have similar plans. We are also doing the full day snorkel on St. Thomas and going to Orient Beach on St. Maarten. However, we are going to DIY on Orient. We wanted to get to the beach earlier and stay longer. We will explore the port area before getting back on the boat in the afternoon.

Cool! Glad someone from the board will be there. Of course, I've never snorkeled so if I embarrass myself I may wish that no one from the board was there. :eek:

I hope we are on the same Bernard tour! That will be nice to know someone from the cruise :)

Good! We should all check in together. I am going to try to get back to the ship by 2-2:30 but Bernard promised it wouldn't impact others on the tour. We have 3 pm Pirates League appointments :cool1:

Suzanne

Suzanne - that is great news! I hope so. I think then she will have an absolute BLAST. Bummer we will miss you at the port as well. We have an 11am arrival time and hope to be on the 1st bus from MCO to the port. I think we will lunch and then head to the AquaDuck.

This may be the ONLY time I let the kids in the pool too - based on the threads from before (Jaimie - you know what I am talking about!).

So excited. Made significant progress on my individual FE gifts. Still need to think about what else I am adding but feeling like I may actually get it done in time!!!! Now...hope you guys like them. Not controversial but I am not really a crafty person so....we'll see what everyone thinks.

Now looking at costumes for Sabrina for Pirate night. When did everyone find it acceptable to dress 10 year old girls as a SEXY girl pirate? I think I found something but was amazed at the options. Maybe I am too old fashioned???

Ok, back to focus on the conference call....
--Mati

Good! We should all check in together. I am going to try to get back to the ship by 2-2:30 but Bernard promised it wouldn't impact others on the tour. We have 3 pm Pirates League appointments :cool1:

--Mati

So, I take it that you have decided to keep the Bernard's tour :woohoo:? With all us DISers, I think we'll have our own bus :thumbsup2. If we check in together, hopefully they will keep us all together :dance3:.

Yes Tony, things have changed quite a bit...Fairlane is not the same.

That's funny about the tractor as a mascot! I never heard that. Now that I think about it, I went to Plymouth Salem High School, and our mascot was a rock?! :rotfl2:

Rocky?????

First, thanks to all of you that sent prayers and thoughts our way. Just a quick rundown on our last two weeks. On Friday, April 13, Dad had a biopsy and discovered he had cancer. On Monday, the 16th, he was told he had 6 months, plus or minus a few months. On Thursday, the 26th that estimate was reduced to one month, and we decided to cancel our vacation.

Yesterday, the 29th, before I went to visit him, I re-read all the wishes and prayers. You can't imagine how touched I felt to be held in your thoughts. It felt like I had a whole group of people giving me a warm, firm hug. On the way over, I received a call from my sister saying the doctor just saw him and said that he only had a day or so left! Dad passed away this morning, just a few weeks after hearing the devastating news. He was surrounded by his wife and all four children and passed as peacefully as possible from this terrible disease.

So I asked my sisters if they thought it would be terrible if we still went on the cruise. The all said we of course should go, and one wanted to go with us. I hadn't canceled the cruise or DVC ressie - I was going to do that today.

Pam and I WILL be on the cruise. I certainly could use a few weeks to spend some time to just relax after this ordeal. We still have this week to get through, but we've shown each other that we're a strong family and can help each other through anything.

I hope there's a couple of bracelets left for us, but if not, no worries. We have to get back on our FE gifts to get them done.

(I could REALLY use a Konk Kooler about now). Again, thank you for all your thoughts, it really made a huge difference. You are a phenomenal bunch of people - I can't wait to meet you all!

John

I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't even know how to express all the things I'd like to say. I'm glad your father passed peacefully and didn't linger in pain, but I know you would have wished for more time with him. I'm happy that he spent his final hours surrounded by his loved ones and that you all could be together as a family. I'm sure he would want you to go and relax on this trip and have a konk cooler in his memory. I'm glad you will be able to be onboard, but sad that your heart will be heavy.

Yes that'd be great!

I'm Jessy, 23, and my bf John is 24 .. we're from Las Vegas .. we will be in a gtd verandah .. no stateroom number yet :(

Scheduled for late dining but hoping to get early dining! Cross my fingers .. i'm on the wait list :)

We're flying in the morning of the 17th and staying at Pop Century for 2 nights and playing in the parks before the cruise :hyper:

Welcome! I'm always trying to catch up. lol.

Welcome Jessy!!!! We are scheduled for Bernard's tour too! So are Kathy, Jake & MaryRose AND Chasity and Gus. I am on the fence about canceling though because we have Pirates League appointments at 3 and per email from Bernard he can get us backby 2:45. Seems pretty tight. Emailing him again to figure out our options. We are doing the turtle bay thing in st Thomas.

Mati

Good to know! I was considering booking a Bernards tour, but we have Pirates League ressies at 3:45 and I was concerned about return times.

Hi. My DH and I are taking our first Disney cruise with our DS (3.5) on this sailing. We are so excited about the trip but a little dissapointed as well. WE booked last minute (in late March) and haven't been able to book anything we wanted to do on the ship (Palo, Remy, Couples Massage, Biddi pirate dress up for our son). Also, we only had the option for the late dinner which is very difficult with a 3 year old. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get any of these?

Also, we were on a previous "boring" board with nothing going on... excited to see so much activity on this one :)

I think if you dash for guest services once on board you'll be able to pick up some last minute ressies. Good luck!

We just got an email from the Travel Agent covering for ours while ours is dealing with her twins being born and being in the NICU. She was confirming everything for us and making sure we knew who to contact while on our trip in case of emergency.

Well she confirmed our on-board credits and when we booked our agency was offering a credit for using them. We never really asked how much it was for we figured it was a bonus and was probably like $50. Well between the credit for booking on the ship for our cruise and the agency's credit we have enough to cover tips, and our excursions or our spa treatment. So that rocks! We were not expecting the amount we were told. I love good surprises!

Well in 18 Days we will all be either in the terminal checking in and getting ready to board the ship, or on the ship enjoy lunch! Time is going to be either moving really fast, and hectic or it will drag because the excitement will make it seem slow. Either way we will get there and we are going to have a blast!

I should start thinking about packing but right now we are working on our FE gifts. Can't wait!

So, did your cruise documents get lost? Ours appear to be MIA. They mailed them on the 16th of last month, but we still haven't seen them. Would they let you pick them up in Celebration? I'm afraid we'll be in FL before a reissue would arrive. Did they charge you another $50 to reissue the documents?

OK, so I saw everyone posting what they are going to do in St. Marteen.....to my dismay...:hyper: uh..we are still uh "deciding" what we are going to do....:faint: family choice...clearly not mine...I'm still breathing so ,uh...yeah....anywho.... we've found some "off the beaten path" stuff that we may try to plan the day around....

Thing 1 found this...I think we are gonna hit it up first thing off the boat since it's within close walking distance or so from port.....
http://web.me.com/maeztro/planetp/home.html

Thing 1 also found this...think we are gonna grab a cab and give it a whirl...
http://www.stmaartenzoo.com/

I REALLY have to go see Maho beach...not the best parent choice...but I found a bar and grill out of the flight path ....hopefully we will only get hit with shrapnel from crashing airliners.....:lmao:
http://www.sint-maarten.net/St-Maarten-Beaches/MahoBay.html
We want to hit (no pun intended)it by about 1:30...most of the big arrivals start around two...or so I have read....

I really want to go see marigot too.....was hoping to try to find some escargots for lunch!!! Being a "foodie" I've had them before and love them and can't get enough of them...like Foie Gras!!!!
http://www.sint-maarten.net/St-Maarten-Islandtour/IslandTour.html

Then I would love to give this a quick look-see
http://www.discover-stmaarten.com/fort-amsterdam.html
before heading back to Phillipsburg and onboard by or before 6pm.

Since we are still unplanned :rolleyes1 I unfortunately am still not sure of the order....and am printing off all info for the "Book" but..I figured if anyone else was looking for a little fun and adventure...I'd post what I found! :woohoo:

Hopefully before we leave the ship on St. Marteen day, my family will have finally decided what the heck we are doing!!! I hope!! :worship:

We're still unplanned too, so thanks for the info!!

Second, you may not remember but I'm the one who lived in st Maarten for 2 years. Feel free to ask any questions. *The zoo is TINY it was perfect for me and my baby/ toddlers when we were there but it's not a normal size American zoo, just FYI.*maho/sunset beach is AWESOME! Sunset beach bar is gone I've heard but the airplanes... I've done the "superman" thing off the fence, it's crazy but one of those things I just "had" to do, know what i mean?*marigot has great souvies, better/ different quality than phillipsburg's port and front street. I personally will be stopping at Rima's on salt pond road, the sell to many of the vendors at the port. Same stuff, usually cheaper. The fort in marigot is cool, le gallon is a fab beach for those with toddlers. *ocean beach is where most of the crazy stuff happens, lots of water toys and lots of skin...just a warning!*don't forget to try the pastries on the French side...I miss living 5miles from the French croissants!

Thanks for the tips! Good to get the insider scoop. :cool1:

What are you most worried about (sane response)? - Trying to figure out how to get everything we need in the least amount of luggage. Traveling with a soon to be 5 month old is tough!

What are you most worried about (not so sane response)? The ship sinking and not being able to get to my 4 year old in the Club and/or having to trust my 5 month olds life to one of those horrid life preservers. :worried:

More social on the boards or on the cruise? Even steven? Probably the boards, although it hasn't seemed like it lately. I'm a bit shy in real life...at first. DH isn't much of a joiner , but I hope he'll loosen up a little.

Day or night you are most looking forward to? Dinner at Remy and Pirates night. :)

New flavor you expect to try? I don't even know yet, but I'm a pretty adventurous eater, so we'll see! :cool1:

Does anyone besides us have a 4 year old girl on board? DD is looking forward to the clubs and cannot wait to make some new "best friends", as she says. :love:

An allergic reaction to something, even a minor reaction, because it would ruin at least two days of our vacation. Even worse if it requires evacuation to hospital. :(

Forgetting to hand out the FE gifts! (Stupid, I know... but I forget to do things a lot.)

Boards, definitely, hands down. I'm very shy and awkward in person. My husband is way more shy than I am!

You mean I have to pick just one? Castaway Cay is probably at the top: Castaway 5K, bike riding, snorkelling, wave runners... we've been looking forward to that day alone for over a year.

An allergy-friendly dessert besides fresh fruit. We had chocolate lava cake once that was awesome... I'm hoping the chef will come up with something fun.

Does anyone besides us have a 4 year old girl on board? DD is looking forward to the clubs and cannot wait to make some new "best friends", as she says. :love:

Our niece Kenlee will be on board, and she is 4 or 5....

Too many to choose from.

Elaine...I am SO looking forward to meeting you!!! I think we are going to have some great "adult pool" conversations!!! We have to find time to meet up and chat![/QUOTE]

Definitely, maybe we could arrange a time for more leisurely chat(s) some time during the meet. Really getting excited now, we leave England on 13th May and will be meeting up with our elder daughter Elisa and her husband Terry, who both work at WDW for the first part of the holiday. Started panicking a bit less now, everything done, just I have to arrange to have our rabbits and hamster taken care of whilst we are away.

See you soon,

Elaine

Every trip it's the same - worried about the drive down. 17 hours from Pennsylvania on 95. Sorry if you're from Virginia, but drivers there are a pain!

Getting off the ship and realizing I never . . . got the spa treatment I wanted, or saw the show, or movie or whatever.

Probably even steven. More social in person once I meet you.

Yes :rotfl:

Already tried the escargo last time. Not too bad. So . . . hmmm . . . what's left. I've had conch . . . maybe a fish dish. I don't like fish, but maybe I'll give it a shot. Unless I see something cool on one of the islands.

Hi everyone!

In case you missed it, one of our very own has started blogging about her Disney adventures. I've been following & its been a hoot! You can check it out here Disney Momiac

BUT ONE LITTLE WARNING FOR JAYMEPOPS ;)
In your last blog you said you wanted your Disney cruise to be just like the Disney Commercial - Well, I just saw a DCL Commercial online, and you should be be careful what you wish for...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bryan & Lisa
bump

Not sure how to post links but I will try, the navigators for the eastern on the fantasy have just been posted. They start on pg. 2. Here goes:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2917957
bump

I have updated my schedule with info from the most recent navigators:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ana_e4hC_lmCdGNOZElsUkk0bVltU3RtR255ODZ4U3c

Just wanted to share if any of might find it useful.
bump

Ok...trying to remain calm.......:rolleyes1

ok...not really but I did say "trying" :lmao:

So, I need to know what I need to pack in out carry on bag....how big can it be? I was thinking the size you can carry on a plane..correct?

What am I forgetting to put in there?
So far I have:
Medicines
Passports
wallets
Lots of Money :laughing:
Camera(s)
Sunblock
swim cover-ups
swim goggles
Wine
clorox wipes
purelle
my sense of calm and humor....:lmao:
and a need to party:cool1:

what am I forgetting?

now back to look through all the packing suggestions and start on that list too!!! popcorn::
water, single bills to pay tips for room service, and the porter that takes suitcases to the car, and checks your bags.

Oh my I finally found the thread and you guys are right this thread is definitely a lot busier for Disney cruise :)

mmhmm no wonder the other one was quiet
hi

May eternal rest be unto your Dad, May perpetual light shine down upon him.
I so agree with everything you said and thanks for sharing.

Hi. My DH and I are taking our first Disney cruise with our DS (3.5) on this sailing. We are so excited about the trip but a little dissapointed as well. WE booked last minute (in late March) and haven't been able to book anything we wanted to do on the ship (Palo, Remy, Couples Massage, Biddi pirate dress up for our son). Also, we only had the option for the late dinner which is very difficult with a 3 year old. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get any of these?

Also, we were on a previous "boring" board with nothing going on... excited to see so much activity on this one :)
Well welcome to our group. Let me tell you that the late dining is not so bad. The kids will eat all day, be awake for the show and for the late dining only they have something called dine and play. You sit down to the table, order the childs food then the wait staff puts the kids order in. You will then order and your child's food will come out. Then the kids get picked up to go to the clubs. You will get to enjoy dinner!

Reposting! Closer and closer...

Cape Canaveral, Florida
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0066

Castaway Cay, Bahamas
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/BFXX0018

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/NTXX0004

St. Thomas/St. John, British Virgin Islands
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USVI0006

-------------------------------------------------
OK, new questions for anyone who is game: :rolleyes1

bump

I play Words with Friends, but I use Susan's profile name: sues14. Feel free to send a game invite....I have probably 20 or so going at any given time.

Tony
Warning He is good and it is not me playing and no he does not cheat!

I will look you up on both games!!! :)

tony, I'll look you up!!!

--Mati
warning no lie he is good!

Hi everyone! Sorry to join sooo late! I have been checking this thread periodically, trying to read posts when I can. Let me start off by sending my condolences and prayers to John and his family. I have been having issues with my parents health, (one reason I have hesitated to post), and didn't know if we would be going on this cruise! Now it's down to the wire and I better get moving! :eek: I realize the bracelets have already been ordered, but if there are any extras we would like 1L, 1M & 1C. :goodvibes This is our 2nd Disney cruise and I can't believe it's so close! :yay:
We are: Me, Suzanne 48/F, Dan 49/M, Kaitlyn 11/F.
Stateroom: 6566
Dining: Late

My DD Kaitlyn 11, is looking forward to meeting some friends on the cruise! :wave: She is shy at first, but can be very silly! :banana: Looking forward to meeting all of you! :)
welcome

My father-in law left his pass ports at home last cruise, but somehow he brought his birthcirt. with him. Just sayin we were thankfull

Trying to catch up on all the pages. The board is REALLY busy lately.

My dad went into the hospital yesterday and will (hopefully) be discharged by Friday or Saturday. He has been in for same thing before and is usually feeling a lot better afterwards. Trying to sew my FE in between 45 mile trips to hospital every day ... everything will work out, but stressing just a bit.

What are you most worried about (sane response)? - My dad

What are you most worried about (not so sane response)? Sharks ... just sharks! :sail:

More social on the boards or on the cruise? Even steven? Love reading everything on the boards and just respond some ... a little more talkative in person ... put a drink in my hand and A LOT more talkative ... before I fall asleep.

Day or night you are most looking forward to? All of it!! We cancelled our 1st cruise in 2007 and have been dreaming about this now for five years ... absolutely all of it!! :cloud9:

New flavor you expect to try? Scallops and do Mickey Bars taste different on the high seas???? I, personally, want to find that out. :love:

bump

bump

bump

water, single bills to pay tips for room service, and the porter that takes suitcases to the car, and checks your bags.

hi

I so agree with everything you said and thanks for sharing.

Well welcome to our group. Let me tell you that the late dining is not so bad. The kids will eat all day, be awake for the show and for the late dining only they have something called dine and play. You sit down to the table, order the childs food then the wait staff puts the kids order in. You will then order and your child's food will come out. Then the kids get picked up to go to the clubs. You will get to enjoy dinner!

bump

Warning He is good and it is not me playing and no he does not cheat!

warning no lie he is good!

welcome

Susan: Thank you so much for the information. Question, if you have late dining, what time are the shows? before or after dinner? This is our first Disney cruise. Thank you!!

Susan: Thank you so much for the information. Question, if you have late dining, what time are the shows? before or after dinner? This is our first Disney cruise. Thank you!!

Late dining (8:xx) = early show (6:xx).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter