**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

John & family,

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad & happy to hear that he was surrounded by love. It is always hard to lose a dear one, esp a parent. My mom died while we were at WDW in 1997, so you would think it was hard to return there with that memory...however, being at "The Happiest Place on Earth" does help, and it helps to remember that my mom loved it there too! I know that you will find "The Happiest Cruise" will help in your healing process.

....and now I'm caught up.

Also.......I'm going to proceed, after reading many comments, with officially calling a group meet at 3pm on Saturday at the family pool. Please make it if you can, and if you can't, we understand!!!

I have added to page 1 at the top, so new travelers will quickly see it:
=============================================================================
It's official!!!!! Group meet at 3pm on Saturday at the family pool!!! Wear your bracelets!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! If you cannot make it to the meet, no worries, I'm sure we will see each other on board!!!

=============================================================================

Sounds great!!!! Perfect for our crew as I've already been told that all 3 of my boys will be heading STRAIGHT for the pool :) I think I caught up too... I've learned not to reply to stuff until I've read ALL of the new posts! ;)

Major yankees fans here in this party. But I'm sure we'll find a way to get along. lol. We use park n cruise for our off site parking. No problems and so much cheaper. And you take your keys with you.

Tribe fan here! Noticed we were first in our league ahem ahem... Sorry-- I gotta eat it up while I can!!!!! :)

First, thanks to all of you that sent prayers and thoughts our way. Just a quick rundown on our last two weeks. On Friday, April 13, Dad had a biopsy and discovered he had cancer. On Monday, the 16th, he was told he had 6 months, plus or minus a few months. On Thursday, the 26th that estimate was reduced to one month, and we decided to cancel our vacation.

Yesterday, the 29th, before I went to visit him, I re-read all the wishes and prayers. You can't imagine how touched I felt to be held in your thoughts. It felt like I had a whole group of people giving me a warm, firm hug. On the way over, I received a call from my sister saying the doctor just saw him and said that he only had a day or so left! Dad passed away this morning, just a few weeks after hearing the devastating news. He was surrounded by his wife and all four children and passed as peacefully as possible from this terrible disease.

So I asked my sisters if they thought it would be terrible if we still went on the cruise. The all said we of course should go, and one wanted to go with us. I hadn't canceled the cruise or DVC ressie - I was going to do that today.

Pam and I WILL be on the cruise. I certainly could use a few weeks to spend some time to just relax after this ordeal. We still have this week to get through, but we've shown each other that we're a strong family and can help each other through anything.

I hope there's a couple of bracelets left for us, but if not, no worries. We have to get back on our FE gifts to get them done.

(I could REALLY use a Konk Kooler about now). Again, thank you for all your thoughts, it really made a huge difference. You are a phenomenal bunch of people - I can't wait to meet you all!

John

Again, soooo sorry for your loss :( I'm glad that you get to come, but so sad about the journey along the way. Continued prayers :(

A HUGE thank you to the anonymous donor and to those involved in listing/ordering the bracelets... So much pixie dust already and we haven't even arrived at port!!!! :wizard:

I've been WAY behind on the board as my computer is upstairs and the immobilizer and stairs don't mix very well!!! I've been limiting my trips up to my office :) Good news is that there was no tear :banana: Bad news is that it was a severe sprain with effusion (fluid in the knee). So I'm all stretched out and apparently these MCL things don't re-coil once sprained... I guess I'm officially getting old :) Nice :) I scored a PT appointment for Thursday and I might get to go into a hinged brace instead of this "bionic leg" as my sons call it. I'm now known as the "Derby Queen" in my house and my DS9 got his class to call me that too (I spend a lot of time at the school). Crossing my fingers for a downgrade in time for the cruise!

John & family,

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad & happy to hear that he was surrounded by love. It is always hard to lose a dear one, esp a parent. My mom died while we were at WDW in 1997, so you would think it was hard to return there with that memory...however, being at "The Happiest Place on Earth" does help, and it helps to remember that my mom loved it there too! I know that you will find "The Happiest Cruise" will help in your healing process.

Kathy:

You're right that being on this "Happiest Cruise" will help. Whenever we went anywhere with Dad, he was the one that set the vacation up. But the last vacation we took together, I set up. Yep, to WDW! And they LOVED it. So now the Happiest Place on Earth is even more special because of that last trip we took together. This trip will be nothing but smiles knowing that we had some great times together.

What is everyone doing at the different ports? I'm sure you guys have mentioned in the previous posts .. but I'm slowly going through them .. I don't think I'll catch up

I'm booked for Bernards tour for St Martin .. but still have to figure out which tour to book for St John/Thomas and Castaway .. although I think Castaway might just be a lounge beach day :)

Welcome Jessy!!!! We are scheduled for Bernard's tour too! So are Kathy, Jake & MaryRose AND Chasity and Gus. I am on the fence about canceling though because we have Pirates League appointments at 3 and per email from Bernard he can get us backby 2:45. Seems pretty tight. Emailing him again to figure out our options. We are doing the turtle bay thing in st Thomas.

Between both threads it will only take 130% of your time until we board....no problem!!!

Susan

Can you believe that we are only a bit over 2 weeks away??? We have been on here since we booked in October 2010!!!

Thank you to you for organising the wristbands and to our kind but anonymous donor.

Elaine

Yes, agree with Elaine, Thank you both!!

Sounds like something my DS would be into! He's 9 too... I'll look into it today and try to get him hooked up-- I'll let you know when I figure out ....

I play! But.....probably not the right age ;).

Sabrina plays words with friends. I play words, scramble and draw something - user id texfinn if anyone wants to play. :)

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!!!!

Mati

John, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, however, knowing that he is at peace and was surrounded by those he loved when his time came is all you can ask for. I felt right there with you when I read your first post about cancelling as my dad, too, is battling cancer. We cancelled our Disney cruise in 2007 when he was diagnosed with colon cancer and went in for immediate surgery. Now, five years later he is battling lung cancer. What an awful disease. I will pray for you and your family as the time passes until the cruise since I know y'all will be busy. Curt and I look forward to meeting you and your family ... now I'm off to put the finishing touches on the FE gifts. I still have to sew the fish extender thingy! :eek:

I cannot believe we leave in just 16 days!!! We haven't even started any packing, but that will be changing soon!

Cheryl

Wow Cheryl, you and your family have been through a lot. Thanks for your thoughts and know that I'm thinking of you and your father.

I hate that a thread about such a happy event has so much sadness in it, but it's like you said, this is an awful disease and it affects WAY too many good people.

Oh, and . . . 16 DAYS??? Yikes.

What is everyone doing at the different ports? I'm sure you guys have mentioned in the previous posts .. but I'm slowly going through them .. I don't think I'll catch up

I'm booked for Bernards tour for St Martin .. but still have to figure out which tour to book for St John/Thomas and Castaway .. although I think Castaway might just be a lounge beach day :)

We have the Under Two Flags Tour booked in St. Maarten, we are going to hold off to book anything at St. Thomas until on board, & not make any plans for Castaway Cay.

wristbands are ordered!! they are scheduled to be delivered friday, May 11th. hopefully that gives enough cushion that if they are late we will still have them before we leave thursday, may 17th. *whew* that was crazy! lol! thanks joe for the "assumptions" i totally used them. i did order 1-2 extra per size (and maybe 5 extra in med) jic. *fingerscrossed* that everyone is happy!!

i will bring my family of 10 to the meet, all sporting the lime green bands. you shouldn't be able to miss us! lol!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

A HUGE Thank you for putting this all together for us...that list was no easy task!! Also, once again a HUGE thank you to the very generious person who is donating them all! The kindness of others still always surprises me! Thanks to you both!!!:thumbsup2

I'm happy, I'm sad, I smiled and I cried. I am so sorry to hear your news. Loosing a parent is so much harder than anyone can ever say. I have lost a lot of people close to me, my brother,my father, then my mother. Then I started all over again with Tony's step dad and then his mother. The only thing I can tell you is that it doesn't get better with time, it gets easier (because you will have a hard time with the first..first Christmas, first father's day). You don't want to hear they are in a better place. Because what place could be better than right here with you. The last thing to say is it's okay to cry. If you can't do it out in the open that's okay, it will happen, in the shower, or when you climb into bed after that all consuming day at work or with your family. That cry will not only be tears of grief, but happiness as you remember all he has taught you and all the fun you had. It's the sadness of not being able to call them up to decompress after getting bad news. You see our parents are the rock, the foundation on which we built ourselves.. Even though we may have a few cracks we still willbe strong and sturdy because of them. Just be that foundation for your children or your close friends. I guess just "pay it forward" that is the way our parents can live on.

You have our deepest condolences and lots of good wishes coming your way. We will see you soon.

Susan, that was so beautifully written and very much moved me :hug:

Pam and I WILL be on the cruise. I certainly could use a few weeks to spend some time to just relax after this ordeal. We still have this week to get through, but we've shown each other that we're a strong family and can help each other through anything.

John, I'm verklempt for words at times like this, and others have written my so much better than I could have - so I'll just say I echo their sentiments as well, and please know you have my deepest sympathies. Looking forward to meeting you so I can give you a hug IRL :grouphug:

I think for the good of the cruise we can get along LOL ;)

I hadn't seen it I haven't read their blog in a few days but I'm sure it was great. Even though I'm a Red Sox fan, I'd like to see Yankee Stadium at some point. Although I'd like to see every stadium at some point I'm more of a baseball fan in general but I will eat sleep and breath Red Sox as my team ;)

Have not had a chance to sit down and read your blog, yet...it's on the list! :cool1:

Red Sox fan!!! OH YEAH!!! Right there with you!!

We were so upset when Thing 1 got drafted onto the ((gasp)) Yankee's this year for kid pitch...ugggh!! I still have not once uttered "Go Yankees!" just can't do it!! :lmao:

First, thanks to all of you that sent prayers and thoughts our way. Just a quick rundown on our last two weeks. On Friday, April 13, Dad had a biopsy and discovered he had cancer. On Monday, the 16th, he was told he had 6 months, plus or minus a few months. On Thursday, the 26th that estimate was reduced to one month, and we decided to cancel our vacation.

Yesterday, the 29th, before I went to visit him, I re-read all the wishes and prayers. You can't imagine how touched I felt to be held in your thoughts. It felt like I had a whole group of people giving me a warm, firm hug. On the way over, I received a call from my sister saying the doctor just saw him and said that he only had a day or so left! Dad passed away this morning, just a few weeks after hearing the devastating news. He was surrounded by his wife and all four children and passed as peacefully as possible from this terrible disease.

So I asked my sisters if they thought it would be terrible if we still went on the cruise. The all said we of course should go, and one wanted to go with us. I hadn't canceled the cruise or DVC ressie - I was going to do that today.

I hope there's a couple of bracelets left for us, but if not, no worries. We have to get back on our FE gifts to get them done.

(I could REALLY use a Konk Kooler about now). Again, thank you for all your thoughts, it really made a huge difference. You are a phenomenal bunch of people - I can't wait to meet you all!

John

First of all the good news...John I am so happy that we will get the amazing oppertunity to meet you and Pam!!

Second, I am so very sorry for the loss of your Dad. He will always be with you. Some may not agree with this next part...but I am speaking from the heart from my own experiences.

We moved my grandmother out of Colorado and down here with us a few years ago to get her out of the snow and closer to the beach. She loved it here. She was the only family we had close by and the only full time grandparent my kids have known. For a few years it was wonderful for us all. Then she got diagnosed with Colon cancer. From then on it was Dr. visits, surgeries, more Dr. visits, tests, blood transfusions, more surgeries and then finally Chemo and radation. I was her only transportation and caregiver. (with my hubby and a few good friends) This was how the last year and a half were. We tried to maintain a "normal" enjoyable life during this time-frame, but that was becoming more and more difficult. She finally got so bad, she could no longer live alone in her appartment. I should have moved her out sooner...but she had already lost so much, I didn't want to take her only independence away from her too. We moved her here with us. For 3 weeks I spent 24-7 as her caregiver. Hospice was only here to check once in a while and I really thought they were supposed to help with her care more. Needless to say after 3 weeks of not sleeping, not being a wife to my husband and not being a mother to my children, I had a breakdown. I could not keep up with her constant care from fall risk to "bathroom" issues to cooking to following her "crazy whims" to make her happy (the medicine and the cancer were getting to her mind) Hospice said they could move her into the hospital for a few days...um, no. Or we could pay for private nursing care...$1400.00 a week. Almost didn't make this Disney Cruise. All of our Disney Money we saved in the"jar" for over a year was going for her care. My husband had a good co-worker who's sister was a director for a different Hospice and after a week of paid for nursing to give me some relief, we finally had good, FREE help. She was declining, but slowly. I was still with her all the time and we were all saying prayers for God to please take her. She never wanted to live like that and had told me so many times in the past. It got to the point my husband couldn't be with her anymore, he couldn't take it. My oldest couldn't do it either. My youngest, bless his little heart, never saw her any different. The night she finally passed, a few hours before he looked so lovingly at his "Dram-a Hawks" and traced a cross on her forehead and kissed her and told her he loved her. Even though she looked so thin,sick and pale, he never saw her that way..the blessing of youth. Then he went into his room and said a prayer that when she gets up to heaven that Mary give her some flowers from him. "what kind?" I asked he smiled and said "That's between me and Mary and Dram-a!" She finally, thankfully and mercifully passed at 4am that night/morning. She was finally at peace.

The point in relaying that story is, thank goodness your Dad went so quickly and peacefully. I can't tell you how awful it is to watch the person you love so painfully slip away so slowly. I can't tell you how awful it is to pray for God to please have mercy on them and set them free. It's never easy to loose a parent or someone you love. Take solice though in that it was quick for your Dad. Hopefully in his final days he did not have too much pain and did not have to suffer too much. I am sorry for your loss and suffering that you are going through now. It will ease as time goes on, but the hurt and the loss will always be there and will catch you off guard at the oddest of moments. Lean on your friends and family. You will get through this. I will keep saying prayers for you all.

May eternal rest be unto your Dad, May perpetual light shine down upon him.

I wanted to give you a big welcome to our group:banana:

Welcome!!! So happy to have you join the group!!!

Thx a mint Susan & Tony! :goodvibes

Since we have had a few new travelers added in the last month or so, I'm going to ask that any one that has not had their info added to page one or so, please speak up, but speak up in the following format!!! :lmao:

Here we go...

DIS Name: klam_chowder (will still be female at time of sailing :rotfl2:) and DH Robert
Stateroom(s): 5172 but GTY so it may change still - c'mon pixie dust!! :lmao:
Celebration(s): early DH b'day (1st week of June)
Dining (Main or Late): Late
Show Time: :confused:
Partipate in FE: Not this time

Hi all. someone from the prior cruise (12 May) called and spoke to a CM who gave these as the movies which would be shown on that cruise. Likely that it will be the same one week later for us. :popcorn:

Thx a mint for sharing the list. We're seeing Avengers next week and usually don't watch movies on the ship but with a 7-niter, this trip might be different. Seen most of them but Chimpanzee and The Help caught my eye :rolleyes1

Hope we aren't facing a change in stateroom or something like that.

Hoping it was just a confirmation and it all worked okay for you, Amy?

Not sure how to post links but I will try, the navigators for the eastern on the fantasy have just been posted. They start on pg. 2. Here goes:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2917957

Thx sooo much for this!!! :thumbsup2

Oh my I finally found the thread and you guys are right this thread is definitely a lot busier for Disney cruise :)

:welcome: Jessy!

wristbands are ordered!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thx a mint for all those involved in getting this done! :thumbsup2 I requested 2 meds but see it's not on the list. It doesn't really matter whether we get them - just feel this group is so great that someone got them for everyone else! Be warned tho if we don't get them it's not going to prevent us from approaching you and chatting anyways :laughing: :laughing:

If you plan on driving to the Port and have reserved parking off site please verify that you haven't booked this company which is located at:
Premier Parking Spot
3545 N Highway US1
Cocoa, Fl 32926

We'll be returning our rental that morning so it doesn't affect us but how wonderful of you to share this info. This is one great group that is so willing to share and help out others - so glad we're cruising with all the nice Dis'ers :thanks:

I play words, scramble and draw something - user id texfinn if anyone wants to play. :)

I play Draw Something and Words with Friends too as "klam_chowder" - feel free to ping me anyone (tho I should let you know my drawings are...um...:crazy2:

Gotta ton on my plate right now so will finish off my paperwork and planning this weekend and hopefully start rounding stuff up for packing too. Make it a great week all!

cheers,
:)

Yes that'd be great!

I'm Jessy, 23, and my bf John is 24 .. we're from Las Vegas .. we will be in a gtd verandah .. no stateroom number yet :(

Scheduled for late dining but hoping to get early dining! Cross my fingers .. i'm on the wait list :)

We're flying in the morning of the 17th and staying at Pop Century for 2 nights and playing in the parks before the cruise :hyper:

Where in Las Vegas? DH and I lived there for 5 years! We were on the opening crew of the Venetian! We lived in Henderson first. Then apartments at what used to be the end of Spring Mountain (west) and Hualipai. Then we moved over a few blocks to the Lakes at DI and Ft. Apache! Our oldest was born in Las Vegas! Wow

:rolleyes1 It's a small world after all.....

We're doing the Under Two Flags tour in St. Martin and the St. John's Island tour at St. Thomas. Nothing planned for Castaway Cay. We may do the 5K but haven't decided for sure.

Hi. My DH and I are taking our first Disney cruise with our DS (3.5) on this sailing. We are so excited about the trip but a little dissapointed as well. WE booked last minute (in late March) and haven't been able to book anything we wanted to do on the ship (Palo, Remy, Couples Massage, Biddi pirate dress up for our son). Also, we only had the option for the late dinner which is very difficult with a 3 year old. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get any of these?

Also, we were on a previous "boring" board with nothing going on... excited to see so much activity on this one :)

Hi. My DH and I are taking our first Disney cruise with our DS (3.5) on this sailing. We are so excited about the trip but a little dissapointed as well. WE booked last minute (in late March) and haven't been able to book anything we wanted to do on the ship (Palo, Remy, Couples Massage, Biddi pirate dress up for our son). Also, we only had the option for the late dinner which is very difficult with a 3 year old. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get any of these?

Also, we were on a previous "boring" board with nothing going on... excited to see so much activity on this one :)

YAY!!! Welcome to the group!!!:cool1:

We have not been able to book Remy, BBBoutique pirates, cabana on Castaway:rotfl2: , the only thing we could get is the couples cabana....

We are planning on heading up to the D-lounge...this is where a very nice disney reservations person told me Remy reservations and bookings would be before sail-a-way. If you see flames going up the stairs..that's me trying to book a Remy!

BBBoutique for pirates night, I was going to just try to book onboard. I have read many times on these boards with the exception of the cabanas...that they do not release everything for online reservations....but you can still check back many times a day ((gee who does that??:rolleyes1)) on th Disney planning site to see if anything has opened up.

We are also first time Disney cruisers!! We can't WAIT!!! Already at the too excited to sleep stage!

Glad you switched over to our board!!! Looking forward to getting to know you on the boards and on the cruise!!:banana:

We are doing the Caribbean Sea Safari Snorkeling & Beach Tour in St. Thomas and the Under Two Flags Tour in St. Martin.

St. Martin:
DW & her parents are doing the under two-flags tour
I will be doing the 12 metre regatta!! After spending many years sailing in Jamypop's back yard, I CANNOT pass up the opportunity to hop aboard 12-metre class sailboat!!

St. Thomas:
We are doing the Kayak, Hike, & Snorkel

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We have the Under Two Flags Tour booked in St. Maarten, we are going to hold off to book anything at St. Thomas until on board, & not make any plans for Castaway Cay.

What time did you take for the Under 2 Flags tour? We're booked for the 8ish time for that same excursion!

Have not had a chance to sit down and read your blog, yet...it's on the list! :cool1:

Red Sox fan!!! OH YEAH!!! Right there with you!!

We were so upset when Thing 1 got drafted onto the ((gasp)) Yankee's this year for kid pitch...ugggh!! I still have not once uttered "Go Yankees!" just can't do it!! :lmao:

Maybe you could arrange for a trade for Thing 1 to the Red Sox? If not think of it as a learning experience for playing for a team you have trouble liking.

let me know what you think of the blog, there isn't much there yet, I will try and post another update later today.

Hoping it was just a confirmation and it all worked okay for you, Amy?

I play Draw Something and Words with Friends too as "klam_chowder" - feel free to ping me anyone (tho I should let you know my drawings are...um...:crazy2:

It worked out ok Thanks for asking I should have updated it. My mother has a scooter on board and I am now using a walker thanks to my accident in July for walking long distances. We knew the tour in St. Maarten wasn't Wheelchair/scooter accessible and had planned on using canes for our touring that day. DCL wanted to confirm our plans because they saw we have a HA cabin and a wheelchair/scooter on the ship. Will our touring be easy that day no, but we want to explore the Island and so will suffer with just canes to use. It will be worth it though!

I play words with friends and I draw something I will try and look you up. I found you on Words with Friends and my Screen Name is Iamgrumpy. (My favorite character and the SN that my mother and I came up with a long time ago for me) working on Draw Something and don't worry about your drawing I am not much better.

If anyone wants to add me as well on Words with Friends: Iamgrumpy Draw Something: dcladdict
We're doing the Under Two Flags tour in St. Martin and the St. John's Island tour at St. Thomas. Nothing planned for Castaway Cay. We may do the 5K but haven't decided for sure.

We're doing the Under 2 Flags tour too! Seems like a good number of us DIS friends are on the same excursion. What time are you taking the tour? We're doing the 8ish time that morning.

We are doing the Caribbean Sea Safari Snorkeling & Beach Tour in St. Thomas and the Under Two Flags Tour in St. Martin.

Have fun on the snorkeling tour in St. Thomas. I'm afraid of fish so I don't swim in the ocean but I really wish I could get past my fear because it always sounds so fun when I hear about those excursions.

We'll also be on the St. Maarten Under 2 Flags tour! Maybe we will see you on the tour.

We just got an email from the Travel Agent covering for ours while ours is dealing with her twins being born and being in the NICU. She was confirming everything for us and making sure we knew who to contact while on our trip in case of emergency.

Well she confirmed our on-board credits and when we booked our agency was offering a credit for using them. We never really asked how much it was for we figured it was a bonus and was probably like $50. Well between the credit for booking on the ship for our cruise and the agency's credit we have enough to cover tips, and our excursions or our spa treatment. So that rocks! We were not expecting the amount we were told. I love good surprises!

Well in 18 Days we will all be either in the terminal checking in and getting ready to board the ship, or on the ship enjoy lunch! Time is going to be either moving really fast, and hectic or it will drag because the excitement will make it seem slow. Either way we will get there and we are going to have a blast!

I should start thinking about packing but right now we are working on our FE gifts. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter