**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

Hi everyone ~ Sorry I have been MIA for a while :rolleyes1. My trip to Utah and DL with JorDan was WONDERFUL :woohoo: . She was an excellent tour guide and I loved getting to see Chad again and meet Mr. Graysen for the first time :hug:. He is a sweetie pie :love:. I can't wait to see them all again, along with all of you :grouphug:, next May.

Work has been insane since I returned from DL :sad2:. Many, many late nights at work and late nights at home working on files. Last night (well, actually it was this morning :guilty:) I sent my boss a report at 2:30 a.m. :scared1:. Our year end process is several months long and extremely draining on everyone :rotfl:. Oh, the joys of being salaried :sad2:. I had to take a HUGE pay cut (30%) when I took this job, but had little choice as my entire department (Accounting) was being done away with and our duties were consolidated at the corporate headquarters :mad:. Anyway, after much consideration, I think that I am going to not participate in the FE exchange after all :sad1: . I just hate to commit and not be able to have the time and $$ to get what I feel are appropriate gifts. Like JorDan, I too will still be here, checking in and I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing all our trip planning fun :dance3:.

Anyway, after much consideration, I think that I am going to not participate in the FE exchange after all :sad1: . I just hate to commit and not be able to have the time and $$ to get what I feel are appropriate gifts. Like JorDan, I too will still be here, checking in and I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing all our trip planning fun :dance3:.

Dznyacct:

Sorry to hear about the job woes. Hope things look up soon. I'll take both rooms off the FE (or should it only be one?). If things change let me know. I'm thinking that we may have to split the list just to make it easier on everyone and those that want to give to all rooms can, but it wouldn't be a requirement. Anyway, still, it will be great to get to meet you next year.

Dznyacct:

Sorry to hear about the job woes. Hope things look up soon. I'll take both rooms off the FE (or should it only be one?). If things change let me know. I'm thinking that we may have to split the list just to make it easier on everyone and those that want to give to all rooms can, but it wouldn't be a requirement. Anyway, still, it will be great to get to meet you next year.

Hi John ~ Thanks for your sympathy :) . Please do take both rooms off the FE exchange list. I will definitely let you know if we are able to participate. There is quite a large group, so it may be a good idea to split up the FE exchange into smaller, more manageable groups. It will be great to meet all our new DIS friends next May :dance3:.

There is quite a large group, so it may be a good idea to split up the FE exchange into smaller, more manageable groups.

We're thinking about that right now. I think 25 is about the biggest managable size. What do others think? Is that too big? Definitely if we hit 30 we'll split into two groups.

There were 12 cabins in my first FE and that was easy. Last cruise was 24 and that really was about our limit. Both in what we could carry and the amount of time we wanted to spend delivering. On the flip side, there was something waiting for us almost everytime we got back to our cabin.

For all those participating or thinking about participating in the Fish Extenders - could you please either reply here, or send me a PM with the gender of your children?

Hello,
We're new to DIS and I have no idea how to send a PM. If anyone could give me some quick instructions, it would be much appreciated.

In the meantime, here's our extra info:
Melissa (F), Nicholas (M), and Sophia (F)
You can assign Adults/kids into whichever of the 2 rooms you prefer for FE purposes, unless it needs to co-relate to the actual FE, in which case we're still undecided.

I havent made our FE yet and haven't decided if I will make 1 to hang outside of one room, or split and make 2 (one for each room).
If I make 2, I'm not sure if I should divide into Adults/Children or Girls/Boys. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

HI DIZDADDY and SUE14, You can take the HOOSIER DADDY BUNCH off of every thing, cause we are out of this cruise. We have rebooked to the MAGIC for a APRIL 25, 2012 5 night KEY WEST cruise. We want to see MARGARITAVILLE one last time, as you all know by now, The DREAM and the FANTASY are to large to dock there. So our cruise will be one of the last to go there for now anyway .......and the price WOW! what a savings.Less than half the cost of the Fantasy cruise. Any one want to come with? :):HAPPY SAILING:):)

HI DIZDADDY and SUE14, You can take the HOOSIER DADDY BUNCH off of every thing, cause we are out of this cruise. We have rebooked to the MAGIC for a APRIL 25, 2012 5 night KEY WEST cruise. We want to see MARGARITAVILLE one last time, as you all know by now, The DREAM and the FANTASY are to large to dock there. So our cruise will be one of the last to go there for now anyway .......and the price WOW! what a savings.Less than half the cost of the Fantasy cruise. Any one want to come with? :):HAPPY SAILING:):)

Sorry to hear that we won't get to meet you on this cruise, but it sounds like you have great alternate plans, and we hope you enjoy them! I am partial to the Magic so I understand completely.

I've removed you from roll call and the room list.

Feel free to pop in and say hello, and let us know how your cruise went!

Hello,
We're new to DIS and I have no idea how to send a PM. If anyone could give me some quick instructions, it would be much appreciated.

In the meantime, here's our extra info:
Melissa (F), Nicholas (M), and Sophia (F)
You can assign Adults/kids into whichever of the 2 rooms you prefer for FE purposes, unless it needs to co-relate to the actual FE, in which case we're still undecided.

I havent made our FE yet and haven't decided if I will make 1 to hang outside of one room, or split and make 2 (one for each room).
If I make 2, I'm not sure if I should divide into Adults/Children or Girls/Boys. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

On the PM thing. Up on the thin blue menu bar, all the way to the left is an item called "User CP" (user control panel). Click there and on the left side are menu items for reading your private messages. Also, while right here, look up to the top right and you'll see a light yellow box. You can click on your name or on the 'notifications' link to get to PMs also.

On the FE issue. As long as we all know that you're in two rooms with only one FE then we should be ok. I can put a note on the spreadsheet so folks know to look at both rooms for the FE. If you are doing TWO FEs, then I'll create two entries for you. Last cruise there was a mixup because there were two rooms on one line. We all thought that meant the two rooms would participate as one. When we got there, there were two FEs, so everyone was one gift short. And I'm not sure if everyone received gifts from both rooms, so we sort of thought that maybe the recipients were trying to double up on receiving gifts with only giving one. If you go with two FEs (one for the adults, one for the children) I'll note it on the spreadsheet so there won't be a mixup.

Alas, we are also changing to another cruise date. We had a date conflict arise so changed to the Jan 7th, 2012 sailing of the Magic. We were looking forward to seeing the Fantasy but that will have to wait a bit longer. A safe and happy voyage to all!

So as a newby to FE. How does it work? Do we have guidelines?

First - here's a link to DizDaddy's post on FE info.

Our only guidelines so far seem to be:

You must give at least ONE gift per stateroom. If you want to give gifts per person, or more than one gift per stateroom that is MORE than OK! :cool1:

We will have a cut off day somewhere around 1 month out so you can get all the gifts ready and not have to worry about last minute additions.

Gifts must be delivered between (some starting time, need time for folks to get their FEs up) and (some ending time the day before disembarkation) so folks can get gifts packed up before putting luggage out the last night.

On the PM thing. Up on the thin blue menu bar, all the way to the left is an item called "User CP" (user control panel). Click there and on the left side are menu items for reading your private messages. Also, while right here, look up to the top right and you'll see a light yellow box. You can click on your name or on the 'notifications' link to get to PMs also.

On the FE issue. As long as we all know that you're in two rooms with only one FE then we should be ok. I can put a note on the spreadsheet so folks know to look at both rooms for the FE. If you are doing TWO FEs, then I'll create two entries for you. Last cruise there was a mixup because there were two rooms on one line. We all thought that meant the two rooms would participate as one. When we got there, there were two FEs, so everyone was one gift short. And I'm not sure if everyone received gifts from both rooms, so we sort of thought that maybe the recipients were trying to double up on receiving gifts with only giving one. If you go with two FEs (one for the adults, one for the children) I'll note it on the spreadsheet so there won't be a mixup.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately when I tried to send you a PM, I couldn't because I haven't posted 10 times yet. Oh well, maybe in the future.
As for the room #'s, I think I will make 2 FE's, so please assign as follows:
Room 7681 - adults (Maria and George)
Room 7683 - children (Melissa, Nicholas, Sophia)

Thanks for organizing things!

Alas, we are also changing to another cruise date. We had a date conflict arise so changed to the Jan 7th, 2012 sailing of the Magic. We were looking forward to seeing the Fantasy but that will have to wait a bit longer. A safe and happy voyage to all!

And a HAPPY SAILING to you in Jan. also.
See you guys on the FANTASY eastern cruise some time in 2013. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear that we won't get to meet you on this cruise, but it sounds like you have great alternate plans, and we hope you enjoy them! I am partial to the Magic so I understand completely.

I've removed you from roll call and the room list.

Feel free to pop in and say hello, and let us know how your cruise went!

HI TONY ,
Who would in their right mind would call a cruise a "dummy" cruise?
Take my name off of the name cruise listings. That was a "joke" statement that I made cause the first three of us that started this post was all transfer ressies from dummy cruises. It was before you took this post over. HAPPY SAILING!

HI TONY ,
Who would in their right mind would call a cruise a "dummy" cruise?
Take my name off of the name cruise listings. That was a "joke" statement that I made cause the first three of us that started this post was all transfer ressies from dummy cruises. It was before you took this post over. HAPPY SAILING!

Wow! We are dropping like flies! My co-“dummy bookers” are gone & the key-lime pirates have become the key-“light” pirates. I think I’m now the “oldest” poster by default. Its been neat to watch this group evolve, but I guess that is to be expected when you book on day one.

Don’t worry Tony – I’m still with you!!! You and Sues are doing a great job of keeping this thread going!!!!

Also – WELCOME ABOARD to everyone that has joined recently!!!!

Name suggestion:

Not really new, but I really liked "Fantasy Becomes Reality" - just without the date as part of the name.

Hi there everyone! I just came across this board and thought I would join. My husband and our two daughters will be taking our first ever Disney cruise on the May 19th sailing. We are so crazy excited for it. Our daughters will be 4.5y and 2.5y when we set sail. We are staying in room #7682. Can't wait to see you all there for the best vacation ever! :)

***5dreamers* Looks like we will be staying right in the middle of you guys! I'd be willing to swap rooms if that is something that can be arranged if you guys were hoping to be side by side. :) ***

Scratch that 5dreamers....Wow. I guess I am really new to this since I didn't realize that your rooms are actually side by side. Sorry :)

DIS Name:NikkiDrigg
Names/Age(s): Steve (31) Nikki (28) DD-Elliott (4.5) DD-Sailor (2.5)
Stateroom(s): 7682
Celebration(s): First Disney Cruise
Dining (Main or Late): Main
Show Time: Late
Partipate in FE: not sure what this is?

Scratch that 5dreamers....Wow. I guess I am really new to this since I didn't realize that your rooms are actually side by side. Sorry :)

Welcome!
We're new here too. No prob about the room thing. I had to check twice to figure out where you are compared to us, at first I thought you were right across the hall, but it looks like you're cabin door is actually in the hallway on the other side. The numbering is a bit confusing, especially since your cabin # is right between ours.

FE stands for "Fish Extenders".
There is a great thread with info, but I can't post it because I'm a Newbie, but it currently is on page 25 (last posting was June 9th) and is titled "Fish Extenders?".
Those participating hang some type of "extender" (or bag) on their "fish" (or whatever symbol is outside of their cabin) and exchange gifts.

Hope that helps!

Welcome!
We're new here too. No prob about the room thing. I had to check twice to figure out where you are compared to us, at first I thought you were right across the hall, but it looks like you're cabin door is actually in the hallway on the other side. The numbering is a bit confusing, especially since your cabin # is right between ours.

FE stands for "Fish Extenders".
There is a great thread with info, but I can't post it because I'm a Newbie, but it currently is on page 25 (last posting was June 9th) and is titled "Fish Extenders?".
Those participating hang some type of "extender" (or bag) on their "fish" (or whatever symbol is outside of their cabin) and exchange gifts.

Hope that helps!

JohnPA asked that I consolidate some info to page 1 regarding FEs (links to good info), so I will be doing that shortly. Have to run for now, but hope to connect later and take care of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter