Fantasy April 28- May 5- From a First timer..

when you stayed on the ship at costa maya was the aquaduck open? sounds like you had a great time, also thinking about paradise beach due to not needing ai, was it a nice beach? thanks!

The Aqua Duck stayed open. Only the shops were closed but the whole ship was running as normal. The port did not really have anything we wanted to do and the ship was fantastic.

Paradise beach was 20$ for 5 of us there and 20$ back and 2$ per beach chair. If you wanted to use all the floating toys, it was $12 each...we did not and still had a great time!! Beautiful beach and reasonable prices for drinks!

What was the dinner schedule for your 7 night cruise? (which dining areas were you assinged to every night?)

We had ERAEERA...PUT us in Royal on formal and semi formal...which was nice. Early rotation worked for us..next time we are going to try late!!

Thank you for writing a positive and realistic report of your cruise!
We are sailing in 3 weeks, EC, and I was starting to worry. We have been on 4 cruises with the Magic and have loved almost every moment and with what I was reading about the Fantasy I was beginning to wonder.
She is new and just still getting her "Sea Legs" so I expect there to be a few gliches but still hoping and expecting a great time.
Would love to see some of your photos.
Thanks!
Rita

I honestly have no idea how to post them but I took 1300+ it was amazing. We did not feel at any point that there were any "bugs " to be worked out...it was just a brest time...oh, except for the green soldier who ran Toy Story Boot camp....scared the crape out of my 4 year old dd :)

Thank you so much for this fabulous report. It was refreshing to hear your realistic account. We are cruising the Fantasy in September 2012. I have been on several cruises in the past but never with Disney. My DH and 4yr old DD have never cruised before. We are also on Deck 7 Aft. I have been anxious about planning our days, but recently decided to relax a little. We are not planning on doing any excursions, since DD can't do most of them anyway. We are just going to enjoy the ship and maybe walk around the ports a little. Is there much to see within walking distance of the ship in the ports on the Western itinerary? And I mean walking distance with a 4 yr old. Thanks again!

Great short and sweet review. Totally agree with don't overplan...build some whatever we want to do time in.

Thank you so much for posting this reveiw. I have to say I was getting a little uptight with all of my pre-cruise research on these boards! I was starting to feel like I was planning so much that I was going to be dissapointed no matter what happens. So thank you, I will take your advice to heart and take a chill pill at least once each day:). Very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter