• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy 9/26/15 Eastern Caribbean

Very excited to say that I will be joining the cruise with my DM and DS. We will be celebrating my DS first birthday on the ship. My DM and I have cruised before but never with Disney.
I was looking for a vacation to take my DS for is first beach trip last week and I was thinking it would be sometime next year. The next thing I know after looking around and talking to friends. Bibbity boppity boo we have our first Disney cruise planned and its leaves in three months..lol....

I have a friend who takes her family on one every year and she told me about the FE and we would love to take part. Is it to late? How do we sign up? I'm still a little confused about how to get things done on here. I'm a long time Disney lover along with my DM, and can't wait to share my love of Disney with my DS. As a first time/new mom I also long forward to meeting other parents and fellow Disney fans.

Can't wait to meet everyone :)

:welcome: :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
to the cruise!! What a cool way to celebrate a first birthday!! We took our boys to DisneyWorld and on Disney cruises as they were growing up and they do both still love Disney, (ages 22 & 25 now) This will be our 9th Disney cruise and our 2nd one without kids. The fish extenders are fun, but can also be a lot of work and take a lot of luggage space, both ways, but I am glad we have done it in the past. Here is a link to some info on the FE's http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm I am not sure if it is too late for this cruise or not. This is the message from the person running our FE's: If you have already signed up for FE please PM me your favorite Disney character for each person signed up on the FE you competed. I prefer not to have doubles so PM me this info and I will add it in myself. For those who join from now on the question is already on the FE list, and the contact is DisneyLove58 :fish:

You are going to have a wonderful time!!

We are seriously considering booking this cruise within the next couple of days. We didn't think we would cruise this soon after doing a week on the Magic last month, BUT this is the cheapest between now and when my ds turns 18 in Jan. 2017. We really wanted to do the Fantasy one last time before then and this price point was great (for Disney).

:welcome: :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
to the cruise!! What a cool way to celebrate a first birthday!! We took our boys to DisneyWorld and on Disney cruises as they were growing up and they do both still love Disney, (ages 22 & 25 now) This will be our 9th Disney cruise and our 2nd one without kids. The fish extenders are fun, but can also be a lot of work and take a lot of luggage space, both ways, but I am glad we have done it in the past. Here is a link to some info on the FE's http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm I am not sure if it is too late for this cruise or not. This is the message from the person running our FE's: If you have already signed up for FE please PM me your favorite Disney character for each person signed up on the FE you competed. I prefer not to have doubles so PM me this info and I will add it in myself. For those who join from now on the question is already on the FE list, and the contact is DisneyLove58 :fish:

You are going to have a wonderful time!!

Thank you!!!!! When I was growing up we spend a few of my birthdays and graduation at Disneyworld. My sister and a few of hers two and we did a make a wish with Disney for my sister when she was 18. So anything Disney is dear to my heart....My mom can not wait to take her first/only grandchild to Disney. This trip is a surprise and they don't know about it yet....so every excited thank you for the link.

:welcome:

Welcome to all the new cruisers!

We're still taking sign-ups for the FE groups - we're filling the 5th group of 20 staterooms now. Click my UCLA Bruins avatar, choose "Start a Conversation" and send me this information:
  • DISboard Username
  • Cruisers names and ages at time of cruise
  • Stateroom #
  • Allergies - who and what type?
  • Are you celebrating anything special?
  • Are you OK receiving alcoholic gifts for adults?
  • List each individuals favorite Disney character
  • Optionally, any other information you feel is needed...
For those who are new with only a few posts, you will not be able to use the private conversation system until you reach 10 posts. You can go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where you can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get your count up to 10. Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to start private conversations as well as use some other DIS functions (signature, upload images).

There is also a cruise meet planned for the first day on deck near Eye Scream & Frozone Treats, time TBD. We also have a cruise lanyard available for $3 each, contact me for details on how to order them.

Martin

Last edited:

On the dining rotations for 7-night cruises you actually get to dine in one of the restaurants three times. We are also hoping for the Animator's Palate rotation! The interactive show at Animator's is always scheduled for the second time you dine there on your rotation. We are planning to do some adult-exclusive dining at Remy on Formal Night and Palo on Semi-Formal night. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary.

DisneyAgentK I did not know that the show for AP is not until the second night. On the Wonder it has always been on the first night sitting with them. So on the Fantasy the second night/time you dine in AP is when they do the show? I just want to make sure.

Also, dining rotation is as follows:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

is it too late to meet everyone? we would like to be added to the info with time and such ;) excited to cruise!!!

KitkatMahn,
There is no sign up for the meet and greet just make your way on over. time is still TBD, but I will have pens and name tags. :thumbsup2:dancer: Once we have a time we will announce it.

Last edited:

DisneyLove58, Animator's Palate on the Wonder is really quite different from the one on the Fantasy. On the Wonder the restaurant is done in black-and-white decor while on the Fantasy it's all about bright Mickey Mouse colors (red, yellow, etc.). The AP shows are also very different in scope and delivery - on the Fantasy it's a far more interactive, customized experience. The Imagineers have done an incredible job with the Animation Magic show. I don't want to give too much away for first-time cruisers. :)

The AP show on the Fantasy normally happens the second time you are scheduled to dine there in your dining rotation. Of course DCL can make changes at any time, but it's been this way for some time now.

The dining rotations on our sailing will be:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

(The dining rotation information above comes directly from DCL. If you'd like to confirm, call DCL at 407-566-7000.)

Thank you!!!!! When I was growing up we spend a few of my birthdays and graduation at Disneyworld. My sister and a few of hers two and we did a make a wish with Disney for my sister when she was 18. So anything Disney is dear to my heart....My mom can not wait to take her first/only grandchild to Disney. This trip is a surprise and they don't know about it yet....so every excited thank you for the link.

You are welcome, you guys will have such a great time. I love that you are making it a surprise :yay:

Hello everyone! We are booked on this cruise as well. It will myself, DH, and 2 DS - 6 and 10. We sailed on the Fantasy this same time last year on the westen side. It was so wonderful we booked this one while on board! We didn't participate in FE last time on board as I found out about them too late. We will be participating this time! We're hoping to meet other families this time with kids our boys age. We're counting down and having fun preparing for another great trip!

:welcome:

iowaangie - guess you figured out the private message issue since I got one. :)
Welcome aboard!

Martin

I just sent the 5th FE list out to the participants. We're now filling the 6th FE group. For those that want to participate we'll be closing sign-up on August 14.

To sign up click my UCLA Bruins avatar, choose "Start a Conversation" and send me this information:
  • DISboard Username
  • Cruisers names and ages at time of cruise
  • Stateroom #
  • Allergies - who and what type?
  • Are you celebrating anything special?
  • Are you OK receiving alcoholic gifts for adults?
  • List each individuals favorite Disney character
  • Optionally, any other information you feel is needed...
For those who are new with only a few posts, you will not be able to use the private conversation system until you reach 10 posts. You can go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where you can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get your count up to 10. Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to start private conversations as well as use some other DIS functions (signature, upload images).

There is also a cruise meet planned for the first day on deck near Eye Scream & Frozone Treats, time TBD. We also have a cruise lanyard available for $3 each, contact me for details on how to order them.

Martin

Hey everyone. We are getting in the short rows now. We booked our shore excursions today. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. It is always nice to see familiar faces around the ship and in port. It sounds like we are going to have a really big group. There are also social media conversations happening for our group too. If you are interested, private message me for details.

We will be celebrating my son's 17th birthday on the trip. He turns 17 the day before we get onboard. Plan on spending his Bday in one of the parks. A great place to spend your birthday.

Does anyone know if Jack Sparrow is on the Fantasy? He wasn't on the Wonder the last time we were on it, and I would like to see him again. I'd love to get pictures of him walking the beach at CC, but right now, I'm just praying for good weather at CC. The only 2 times we have been there, we had rain both days.

Hello fellow cruisers!

DH and I will be joining you on this lovely cruise. This will be our fifth Disney cruise, twice on the Magic and three times on the Fantasy. This is also the second time we've been on this itinerary and it is our favorite itinerary! We are sailing as a celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary. Our anniversary is actually Sept. 24th, but we don't care for the western ports much so we pushed it out a week to get the eastern. So excited!!!:cool1:
Crazy. We are celebrating our 10 yr 9/24 anniversary with this cruise too. Our first cruise though. Any tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter