Fantasy 7N Western - July 6, 2013

Hello, my family and I are in a bit of a dilemma. My DS wants to do the FE as this might be our last cruise for a while. I am willing to do it if there is not too many people. If someone could tell me how many people are in the FE, it will make my choice much easier.

Hi Hawaiialoha,
Have you experienced concierge level before? DH and I just booked it for our Dec. Cruise can't wait. We have a balcony 8082 this trip. It will be our first time on the Fantasy.

Hi again!

Yes, we previously did concierge on our first cruise aboard the Dream back in 2010. However, we only did the 3-night cruise, which was far too short! For our second cruise on the Dream last year, we opted for the 5-nighter, but made our reservation too late so we weren't in time to grab a concierge room. For that last cruise, we ended up in a room back aft on the 9th deck, and it worked out great because it was so close to Cabana's. :thumbsup2

You will very much enjoy concierge!!! That's awesome you have that booked! One of the best parts is being able to book the cabana at the 120-day mark. Unless you're a platinum CC member, there's no other way to get one. Totally worth the price, imo!

This will be our first time on the Fantasy too... :D

Did you get your dining rotation set, btw?

-Rachel

Hi hawaiialoha,
Yes we called and requested 1st rotation thank you.
DH wants a cabana he hates being in the sun. I on the other hand love it. We are really looking forward to the special touches offered in concierge. It will bring a different element to our cruise.

I too love the sun, but still love the cabana...it provides a nice haven of relaxation while still giving you lots of sun access! As I'm sure you've seen, it is really competitive to get an umbrella or tree shade on the non-cabana side of the beach. And the cabana rental price includes all the equipment that you'd normally have to rent separately like snorkel stuff, floaties, tubes, and the 1- hour bike rental. :) You both will love it!

How did you get your dining rotation already?

We did Remy on the Dream two years ago - liked it so much that we decided to try V&A - loved it too. It's an "experience."

I sent an email to our TA and she emailed back saying we had rotation 1 which was that and then she switched our Palo reservations so we didn't miss AP. I think once we get on board we will see what the schedule is like and maybe try Remy. DH doesn't want to miss out on anything fun with the kids. :D

Hi, not sure if someone else already answered your pirate night question, but since I just asked DCL this question on the phone the other day, I have the answer!

Pirate night will be on our Cozumel day, July 10th. pirate:

Can't wait...our whole family has costumes ready!

Thanks! Kids have costumes and mine just came in too! The boots were too small in the leg part. :( Foot size it was fine but I guess my legs aren't skinny enough. Boo hoo!

I would also like to know how you were able to find your dining rotation.

As someone else said you can call your TA or if you booked directly with DCL call them. My TA didn't convey it was a request but sounded like it was our rotation. We asked to be in AP 3x. On our first cruise on the Magic we didn't know anything and we got Parrot Cay 3x which I wasn't thrilled about once we saw the other two restaurants. I think they probably give PC or Enchanted Garden 3x to people that don't put down a request. I like AP on the Dream so much (can't wait to see the drawings come to life on this one!). I also like the main dining room in the atrium too.

Thanks! Kids have costumes and mine just came in too! The boots were too small in the leg part. :( Foot size it was fine but I guess my legs aren't skinny enough. Boo hoo!

LOL!!! I always have the same problem when just buying knee-high boots for the winter season. Makes me feel like I have "thunder calves" when sometimes getting a wide-calf still isn't wide enough?? I saw that several online costume shops have tie-on boot "facades" even for us adults-- like how some kid costumes have. I'm thinking that's the way to go! Then you can cut down on luggage space & weight? :) Or what I'll probably do is wear pants/leggings instead so I can just wear my ankle boots under the pants cuff.

I got the Jake & the Neverland Pirates costume for my little one...and I'm keeping it a surprise until the cruise! If I show it to him now, he'll wear it out before we can even pack it! :)

As someone else said you can call your TA or if you booked directly with DCL call them. My TA didn't convey it was a request but sounded like it was our rotation. We asked to be in AP 3x. On our first cruise on the Magic we didn't know anything and we got Parrot Cay 3x which I wasn't thrilled about once we saw the other two restaurants. I think they probably give PC or Enchanted Garden 3x to people that don't put down a request. I like AP on the Dream so much (can't wait to see the drawings come to life on this one!). I also like the main dining room in the atrium too.

Thanks for the info baddog576. I put in a request for 1st rotation.

I too love the sun, but still love the cabana...it provides a nice haven of relaxation while still giving you lots of sun access! As I'm sure you've seen, it is really competitive to get an umbrella or tree shade on the non-cabana side of the beach. And the cabana rental price includes all the equipment that you'd normally have to rent separately like snorkel stuff, floaties, tubes, and the 1- hour bike rental. :) You both will love it!

OK you sold me. Have to surprise DH. Did you have concierge book it for you or did you do it at 120 days out.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Just a reminder - FE sign-up closes June 1. I currently have the following people on the list:

owensjro, owensamo
WishesComeTrue
baddog576
Thewallacefamily
Gatacmke
marlaymike
Kfamilylovesdisney
britans
dsnylvrs2

There are also 2 blank entries, so if you think you signed up but your userid isn't listed above, please try again. You can find the form at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1C5dnBdrsSThVyEcA8CjsSt7ynVxr_ftCBEkEymgVhn8/viewform

Have a great weekend! Just 6 weeks to go! :cool1::banana::yay:

So currently here are the ship lists for the ports:

Grand Cayman - Disney Fantasy
Cozumel - Carnival Imagination, Disney Fantasy
Costa Maya - Disney Fantasy

Not too bad at all!

Jim

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to have a 1st day meet? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been planned yet, correct? We're doing the cruise before this one as well, so I'm trying to get everything down now so I don't forget and miss anything! :rotfl2:

Most of the cruises I've been on have had meets at 3pm on embarkation day, which works great for me. But I've never been on the Fantasy (or Dream) so I have no idea what a good place to meet is! The June 29th cruise is meeting in the Tube (I think), but I was looking at the deck plans and thought maybe the Vista Cafe would be good as well - kinda like the Promenade Lounge on the classics?

Can't wait! Counting the days!

Finalizing everything for my FE gifts. I know I asked on FB which men do/don't drink adult beverages. I heard back from everyone except for Andy, Michael, & Brian in our group; anyone have an answer for these guys? Please PM me or let me know. Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter