• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fantasy 7-night Western Caribbean w/Star Wars Day Rotational Dining Question

Which bar would that be?

She didn't say which makes me doubt but she was obviously reading off a script so maybe. I am guessing the adult district area. In my head I was picturing the main bar that is kind of like a circle that you walk through.

The press release from DCL does state this so I can see they just leave it up for the whole sailing but then they would have to take it down for the non Star Wars weeks.

She didn't say which makes me doubt but she was obviously reading off a script so maybe. I am guessing the adult district area. In my head I was picturing the main bar that is kind of like a circle that you walk through.

The press release from DCL does state this so I can see they just leave it up for the whole sailing but then they would have to take it down for the non Star Wars weeks.

That makes sense. I hope we get more information about all the things soon. Very eager to find out more details about the cruise. Not knowing has certainly made some of the planning more difficult.

We are on the 2/6 sailing but booked well before the SWDaS announcement. It's just me and my 10 yo dd and neither of us are Star Wars fans at all. I'm fine with some theming, special dinner etc... And we will go to the "show" just for the fireworks but I too am hoping it's not too overwhelming. From our meet group I know we will have some big fans so I guess we will have to just go with the flow. It should be interesting!

I'm hoping the January cruisers will come share details as soon as they can!

It is our first cruise. I guess we'll just keep the Palo reservation for the night we chose and hope for the best. I wouldn't want the kids to miss any of the activities. Thanks.

From what I've read, the fireworks will NOT be on pirate night, but will be at the end of SWDAS.

From what I've read, the fireworks will NOT be on pirate night, but will be at the end of SWDAS.

The poster's original post said he was going on the cruise in October - so he won't be having a SWDAS. I think his was a more general dining rotation question about when to schedule Palo.

My guess is "no". Just like at Star Wars weekends at the parks, it's probably going to be "business as usual" except for special presentations and character interactions on that particular day. I'm sure you'll be able to avoid it if you try. I'm thinking the movie theatre will be playing many, if not all, of the films. If you are also hoping to avoid any special Star Wars menu at the main dining room that evening, I would just take the opportunity to book a Palo or Remy dinner reservation.
If it is like Pirate Day menus they will have Star Wars naming for normal cruise dining food.

So we shouldn't expect fireworks on both nights, only the Star Wars night? I want to make sure I don't get the kids' expectations up. They probably won't be sad if they don't have them, because of everything else going on, but I'd rather avoid any disappointment, if I can.

So we shouldn't expect fireworks on both nights, only the Star Wars night? I want to make sure I don't get the kids' expectations up. They probably won't be sad if they don't have them, because of everything else going on, but I'd rather avoid any disappointment, if I can.

That is what I've heard. Fireworks will only be on Star Wars night.

I agree! I can't wait until the first Star Wars cruises actually gets underway in January so then we'd get more feedback and hopefully some trip reports!
I requested a dining rotation of ERAERRA. For some reason I felt Royal Court was the most "formal" of restaurants and we'd have fun dressing up for formal night there. I am thinking I will try for Pirate's Night to go to Palo/Remy. I don't want to miss any of the Animator's Palate shows! I figure we can have breakfast at Enchanted Garden so we will get some additional meals at this MDR. I can't wait!

Since this is my first Disney cruise, when and how did you make your dining rotation request?

Since this is my first Disney cruise, when and how did you make your dining rotation request?

I called the Disney Cruise Line number from the website. I believe it was: (800) 951-3532
I just asked the Cast Member what the available dining rotations were and they gave me these options:

RAERAAE
AERAEER
ERAERRA

which are the regular dining rotations on the Fantasy Western Itinerary C. This is the schedule if Pirates night is on Day 5 I believe. Since for the Feb 20 cruise (and some other but not all of the SW cruises), it looks like Pirates Night is on Day 3, we are thinking they may switch the rotation to repeat the same restaurant on Day 3 and 4. For example: RAEERAE or AERRAER or ERAAERA. But we don't know for sure since they haven't released that much information yet.

What you can tell them is what restaurant you would like to be at during pirates night, and I selected Enchanted Garden, so I was given the RAERAAE rotation by default. I am thinking it will most likely change once they get all the rotations settled. My plan is to call back in a few months and see if they have the new rotations. I intended to book Palo or Remy during Pirates Night, but I'm not so sure anymore! :cutie:

So at Pirate's Night, all restaurants have the same menu. And on the last night, all have a cut down menu. So whatever you have on Pirate Night, you will have on the last night. As a result, we will not get to try the regular menu at that restaurant during this cruise?

So at Pirate's Night, all restaurants have the same menu. And on the last night, all have a cut down menu. So whatever you have on Pirate Night, you will have on the last night. As a result, we will not get to try the regular menu at that restaurant during this cruise?
On Pirate night all MDRs serve the same menu. On the last night (of the cruise) all MDRs serve the same menu (See You Real Soon). Except for the first 3 nights (generally) all MDRs serve the same menu. Different menus for each night, but the same menu. Here's a sample of the menus served on the Fantasy:
Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

The second time you are in Animator's Palate (on the Fantasy) you will have an abbreviated version of whatever menu is being served that night. That is you have no choice in the salad/appetizer or dessert selections. The entree selections remain the same.

I mean, no matter the rotation, you'll still get the same food, just in a different order? So it's really just the ambience you wish to have.

I mean, no matter the rotation, you'll still get the same food, just in a different order? So it's really just the ambience you wish to have.
Yes, everyone will have the same menu opportunities during any given cruise. Rotation will not change that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter