• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy- 7 night Western- August 4, 2012

I just found this site... new to this, new to Disney Cruise...I am very excited...working on my door magnets and just found out about the FE... I would love to participate...My husband and 10yr old daughter ...not sure what else you need...do not have room assignment...
Thank you!

How fun!

Butter beer! How fun! Do you mind sharing the recipe? That would be an awesome way to tell the kids they are going. (They know about the cruise but not WWOHP!)

Cars land sounds like too much fun!

26 days for you! I bet you are getting really, really excited!

Well, the fireworks are going off like crazy around here. It must be close to the fourth! Does anyone have any cool plans/traditons?

Have a great week all!:cool1:

Oh ya, still no docs! :confused3 Where are they???????

Here is the butter beer recipe. It is rich, but oh, so very good!

BUTTERBEER

Start to finish: 1 hour (10 minutes active)

Servings: 4

•1 cup light or dark brown sugar
•2 tablespoons water
•6 tablespoon butter
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
•3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
•1/2 teaspoon rum extract
•Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer. Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

I just found this site... new to this, new to Disney Cruise...I am very excited...working on my door magnets and just found out about the FE... I would love to participate...My husband and 10yr old daughter ...not sure what else you need...do not have room assignment...
Thank you!

Welcome!

We are going to have an amazing time!

The Disboards is a great place to get all your questions answered.

Have fun!

Oh I would love to go to Carsland! We are staying in a Cars Suite at the Art of Animation the night before the cruise so we will get the mini-version. I hope to do the Harry Potter stuff one day but I'm waiting until all the kids are old enough to ride the more exciting rides at Universal before we give it a go.

Thank you!

:welcome:

So glad you found the boards! They will answer all of your questions for sure. Plus it's a fun way to pass the time waiting for OUR CRUISE!!!!

It's great that you're joining the FE. After you get a few more posts (10 I think) you can PM our organizer the room when you get it, the ages and each of your favorite characters.

Here is the butter beer recipe. It is rich, but oh, so very good!

BUTTERBEER

Start to finish: 1 hour (10 minutes active)

Servings: 4

•1 cup light or dark brown sugar
•2 tablespoons water
•6 tablespoon butter
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
•3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
•1/2 teaspoon rum extract
•Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer. Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

OH YAY!!!!! Thank you sooooooo much!:group hug: This will be the PERFECT way to surprise the kids! :cool1:

Oh I would love to go to Carsland! We are staying in a Cars Suite at the Art of Animation the night before the cruise so we will get the mini-version. I hope to do the Harry Potter stuff one day but I'm waiting until all the kids are old enough to ride the more exciting rides at Universal before we give it a go.

We are the opposite, trying to get all of the fun stuff in before the kiddos go off to college. Enjoy the little years, they'll be graduating before you know it!

It's getting close guys!!!!!:banana::cool1::cool1::yay::cheer2:party::jumping1::yo-yo:

A huge :welcome: to all those who have joined our cruise party: !!

I've just replied to Stephanie's email and am updating the FE list. Would anyone else who is new (or old!!) like to join the FE? If so please email me at karen@bracegirdle.uk.net with your names, children's ages, stateroom number and favorite characters. We have one member of the FE who is allergic to nuts, so please if you are planning food, no nuts please. The deadline for joining the FE is 14th July.

Cruise documents have reached the UK, and we fly two weeks today!!! :dance3: Soooooo excited!!

questions???

On Dress code...

it says no tanks or shorts...does this apply to kids...on the casual dinner nights....
and semi- formal....does that mean tie??

thank you for any input!

StephN003 said:
questions???

On Dress code...

it says no tanks or shorts...does this apply to kids...on the casual dinner nights....
and semi- formal....does that mean tie??

thank you for any input!

It's appropriate to wear jeans and a shirt on casual nights, but many people wear shorts also. You won't get looked at funny :)

As far as kids go, the same applies above.

Regarding semi-formal implies tie optional. Typically I wear slacks and a sweater and that works for me. I used to bring a 3-piece suite, but it's too much work to pack. So I go with a sweater. Much easier :)

Hope that helps.

4thj.gif

Have a safe holiday! See you all in a month!!!

Happy 4th of July to everyone 'over the pond' !! Hope you are enjoying the holiday.
One month today!!! :banana::dance3::cheer2::woohoo:

Stephanie - re the dress code, ties are not necessary for semi-formal night. DH usually wears cream chinos, a cream linen jacket and a variety of loud Hawaiian shirts, and is more formally dressed than a lot of people. Shorts are fine for children on casual nights - unless you have two teenage girls who love dressing up! I'm so glad they have their own cabin this time as there will finally be room for mine and DH's clothes! princess:princess:

I had put off deciding about whether to join the FE this time as we're spending a week in Orlando before the cruise which means a lot of packing etc and I've done no other planning for this cruise (so unlike me!) but the kids asked me today when we were going shopping for 'cruise presents' (they never got the FE relevance, just loved coming back to the room to find 'cool stuff' in our duck FE and when I suggested that maybe we might not have time to organise all that (have had a crazy month moving house) you would think I told them I'd cancelled the cruise.....so I guess we're in! Will email Karen our details- we have two cabins this time but just one FE (its quite a big one!) and we also have a ds who is highly allergic to nuts.

Hello everyone,

Happy 4th to everyone!

This is our first cruise (Aug 4: Fantasy) and we just booked this cruise sometime in June. I have only now started reading about cruise planning and activities and there's a lot of info out here. Kinda overwhelming:-) We are a family of 4, me, DH, DD (almost 6) and DS (2.5). I would really appreciate help planning excursions:

1. In Grand Cayman, I booked the "Stingray City Tour" with Moby Dick tours. Has anyone done this before? Or would you recommend the turtle farm excursion instead?

2. What excursions would you recommend for Cozumel and Costa Maya for our family? Unfortunately, none of us can swim (DD is learning).

3. I googled "FE" since I had no clue what everyone was talking about! One question: what are the approx. price ranges for the gifts that you buy (for each individual)?

Many thanks, everyone!

Is it too late to join the FE group for this cruise? We've cruised before but never done the FE's, we JUST booked this trip a few days ago and are so excited. Would love to do FE, just let me know who to contact and if we can get in : )
Lesley

Is it too late to join the FE group for this cruise? We've cruised before but never done the FE's, we JUST booked this trip a few days ago and are so excited. Would love to do FE, just let me know who to contact and if we can get in : )
Lesley

First of all, :welcome:

Second, my mum is organising the FE (screenname: karriemouse), she is working this evening but has said that she will contact you about it tomorrow :) you should still be able to join :)

Anyone else who wants to join, please could you email karriemouse asap :)

Is it too late to join the FE group for this cruise?

Hi Lesley, no it's not too late - the deadline is 14th July. Please could you email me at karen@bracegirdle.uk.net with your names, children's ages if applicable, stateroom number and favorite characters.

To everyone - we now have two members of the FE who are allergic to nuts, so if you are planning food, no nuts please.

3. I googled "FE" since I had no clue what everyone was talking about! One question: what are the approx. price ranges for the gifts that you buy (for each individual)?

Hi, that's a really tricky question as I've never added it up. We make some things and buy some so it doesn't get too expensive.

Oh and :welcome: to the cruise to both of you!

1 month till we leave for cruise...very excited...working on my door magnets and FE.:cheer2:

It's getting close!!!!!:cool1:

Cruise documents have reached the UK, and we fly two weeks today!!! :dance3: Soooooo excited!!

Woo Hoo!!!! We FINALLY got our cruise docs yesterday. I am so excited! It really seems real now!:cool1:

Happy 4th July to all my new friends over the pond xxx

Thanks so much. The Fourth is always so much fun!:upsidedow

Happy 4th of July to everyone 'over the pond' !! Hope you are enjoying the holiday.
One month today!!! :banana::dance3::cheer2::woohoo:

Thanks! Great fireworks this year. Lots of boating and playing and shooting off fireworks. Too much fun!

:cheer2:

I had put off deciding about whether to join the FE this time as we're spending a week in Orlando before the cruise which means a lot of packing etc and I've done no other planning for this cruise (so unlike me!) but the kids asked me today when we were going shopping for 'cruise presents' (they never got the FE relevance, just loved coming back to the room to find 'cool stuff' in our duck FE and when I suggested that maybe we might not have time to organise all that (have had a crazy month moving house) you would think I told them I'd cancelled the cruise.....so I guess we're in! Will email Karen our details- we have two cabins this time but just one FE (its quite a big one!) and we also have a ds who is highly allergic to nuts.

LOL So glad you are joining us!:wave2:

Many thanks, everyone!

:welcome:

Glad to have you. You can spend whatever you want, and do whatever you want for the FE. Some people make things, some people buy things. There are no set rules (except no nuts!)

Lesley

Just contact Karriemouse. She'll get you hooked up!:good vibes

Well we are off to the second day of a big volleyball tourney. The girls are doing very well. They have gone 4-2 so far. Not bad for a rebuilding year with a brand new coach!

Take care everyone!

We will be joining you all! DM, DD(15), DD(13). This will be our 5th Disney cruise! Just joined FE group! How many have joined so far??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter