Fantasy 7 days or Magic 9 days B2B?

CC Disney fan

Earning My Ears
Here's the question for advanced cruisers.
We are a family of 4 DH, DS 9 and DD (yet in my tummy). We have cruised DCL on Dec 2013 for the first time with the Magic for 4 amazing days in christmas.
Now we are planning a longer cruise on Jan-feb 2016. DD will be 10mo. We'd love to sail on Fantasy to St Thomas but B2B on Magic is 9 days combining 5 western caribbean and 4 bahamian.
What would you choose?

Here's the question for advanced cruisers.
We are a family of 4 DH, DS 9 and DD (yet in my tummy). We have cruised DCL on Dec 2013 for the first time with the Magic for 4 amazing days in christmas.
Now we are planning a longer cruise on Jan-feb 2016. DD will be 10mo. We'd love to sail on Fantasy to St Thomas but B2B on Magic is 9 days combining 5 western caribbean and 4 bahamian.
What would you choose?

I personally think the B2B is totally awesome! But let me say that evern though it is 9 nights, it is really more like 8 because of the day in port. The Magic will have the same menues with an extra menu 1 night. The movies will be the same and there are fewer movies being show than on the 7 day. In the room, the Fantasy has on demand movies (about 100 movies) while the Magic only has about 12 movies available and they have specific start times that you can watch. And I think the kids areas will be a wash.

First, if you want the B2B..... get the same room for both cruises. There is nothing like pulling into port on the final morning of your first cruise and reallize you don't have to do anything to prepare for the second cruise. It is nice leaving your room about 8am and going to eat and then meet up with CM's to go off the ship and into the holding area. Your in the holding are between 1 and 1.5 hours, and then you are allowed back on the ship. If you do the B2B you can request the same servers for the 2nd cruise. It's really nice having already met them and they are used to you.

Another downside to the B2B is that you have to do the drill again. Really it is no big deal to me. You will already know where to meet up for the drill. Anoher plus for the B2B is 2 days at CC. We don't get off the ship at Nassau now because we have been so many times, but if you stay on it counts as another sea day.

We have done both traditional B2B and non-traditional B2B (2 different ships with 1 day break). You have many options. Another issue to consider is the shows will be the same for the B2B and the fact of other destiations you are missing for the Fantasy. We have been to all that you would be going to, so destination isn't that big of a deal. Look at the 5 day and see about the Fantasy instead of the of Magic. That would give you 12 days and at least a day inbetween. We did that before and hit MK about noon and stayed till close. The wife did a little laundry at the hotel and then off we went again.

I have i gave you alot to think about. Any other questions, you can ask away. This is the place to do that!

If pricing is similar or perhaps even less for the Magic, I'd choose the longer B2B absolutely. I've done 2 B2B's on the Wonder and loved them! I actually like that the repeat of the main evening shows frees up for several evenings because we'll just see each show once. This let us enjoy the pools or just relaxing in the evening and not feel that we're missing anything.

I'm actually booked on a 5 & 4 night B2B on the Magic. First leg is western Caribbean and second a Bahamian. We are in the same room for both cruises. I'm not overly concerned about the turnaround day. I figured we could plow through some school work and do laundry. We are skipping Key West because 1. I live in south Florida and 2. My son's dream is to visit Atlantis in the Bahamas.

We have only been on the Fantasy. I'd love to cruise on her again, but my kids really want to go on the Magic. I'm a marshmallow at times so they won this time LOL

We are doing b2b on the Magic for 9 days in December. We picked this over 7 days on the fantasy because it was cheaper and we loved the idea of 2 extra days. I think it will be fun to do the turnaround day and we will love two days at CC. We have the same room booked!

Thank you for all your answears! It seems like I m not crazy when I think 9 days with 2 CC is a good idea even when we ve never been in the Fantasy. Perhaps we should book Fantasy onboard? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter