Fantasy 2-9 to 2-16 as a Shinny New Platinum (Adding photos)

Mtinkerbell5189 said:
It was. Sorry I missed that. So I assume this would not be available to everyone since it was only given when you referenced your platinum letter?

Nope it's available to everyone, they just don't advertise it at the spa, they push week long passes. We learned about the three day option from our platinum perks letter.

allears said:
Nope it's available to everyone, they just don't advertise it at the spa, they push week long passes. We learned about the three day option from our platinum perks letter.

There just happened to be a $10 discount as a platinum member, the three day isn't an exclusive perk.

Thanks so much for all the time you took to post.
Sometimes I felt like you could read my mind - like needing a decompression chamber... It's way too stark of a transition from Fantasy to Reality and comes too quickly. I think they should make everyone walk through the entire ship,finally ending at the lower " time to get off " deck.A sloooow walk.
We re boarding in the morning and I did not remember to bring an extra envelope for our Remy Dinner servers and Palo Brunch servers. I'm one of those dreaded over tippers.... Perhaps Guest Services might have extra envelopes?????
I also forgot to practice drawing stick figures for AP. Last year,on the MV, I tried to draw a bunny and it came out looking like road kill - quite embarrassing. I did remember to bring extra money - even though we do the automatic gratuities,we always put extra money in everyone's envelope. I think you're either the kind of person who has always done that or you never will be, and those never will be's will never understand why we do it,so I don't even talk about the subject of tipping anymore. For us,it's a combination of treating others as you would like to be treated AND rewarding exceptional service,which always exists on DCL,,which you have to actually cruise other lines to understand.
Which cruise did you book for next year?

nannylori said:
Thanks so much for all the time you took to post.
Sometimes I felt like you could read my mind - like needing a decompression chamber... It's way too stark of a transition from Fantasy to Reality and comes too quickly. I think they should make everyone walk through the entire ship,finally ending at the lower " time to get off " deck.A sloooow walk.
We re boarding in the morning and I did not remember to bring an extra envelope for our Remy Dinner servers and Palo Brunch servers. I'm one of those dreaded over tippers.... Perhaps Guest Services might have extra envelopes?????
I also forgot to practice drawing stick figures for AP. Last year,on the MV, I tried to draw a bunny and it came out looking like road kill - quite embarrassing. I did remember to bring extra money - even though we do the automatic gratuities,we always put extra money in everyone's envelope. I think you're either the kind of person who has always done that or you never will be, and those never will be's will never understand why we do it,so I don't even talk about the subject of tipping anymore. For us,it's a combination of treating others as you would like to be treated AND rewarding exceptional service,which always exists on DCL,,which you have to actually cruise other lines to understand.
Which cruise did you book for next year?

We are sailing the 2/1/14 western cruise.

There so totally needs to be a slower, way to transition off those ships!

For Remy and Palo, you can just add extra tips when you sign your bill.

Hey again! Loved the report, and the pictures! We leave from PHL on FRIDAY for our very first cruise!! DH can't understand how I am already talking about rebooking onboard when we haven't ever been before!:laughing:

I was just thinking today how careful I have to be about sunscreen, so not used to it.

I also appreciate the tips on tipping. ; ) As a former cocktail waitress, I'm in the "I'd rather die than undertip" category too....

thanks again for taking the time to post...
mj

Hey again! Loved the report, and the pictures! We leave from PHL on FRIDAY for our very first cruise!! DH can't understand how I am already talking about rebooking onboard when we haven't ever been before!:laughing:

I was just thinking today how careful I have to be about sunscreen, so not used to it.

I also appreciate the tips on tipping. ; ) As a former cocktail waitress, I'm in the "I'd rather die than undertip" category too....

thanks again for taking the time to post...
mj

Enjoy the trip, please let us know what you think! It's good to plan on booking on board so you get the discount and on board credit, so being prepared is great.

The Fantasy is a magnificent ship, you should love it! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to PM us.

Safe travel!

Thanks so much for your awesome report. I just booked a rainforest pass because of it! I will be on the ship a week from tomorrow.:cool1::banana::banana:

Thanks for the report! I love to relive the memories through other reports!

Silly question. Do you happen to know how long Rosie will be on the Fantasy? We had her as our assistant server over Christmas. I thought she had another 5 months from December in her contract, but not sure. I wanted to send her a little package with goodies but wasn't sure how long she will be there. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Loved our trip!

I'm sorry we can't remember just how long Rosie had left on her contract. We know we asked and we kind of think she was still going to be on board for a while. Wish we had a good answer!

My family and I joined you on this cruise:) It's fun hearing your "platinum" experience vs. my first time cruise experience! We had SO much fun, my only complaint was it was over before I knew it. As I read your report, it was truly bringing me back to my memories:) I was often experiencing these same events such as second dining in your same rotation as well as watching the live feed of the hypnotist (I had the sleeping 3 yo) and the 6 yo with two Shirley temples:) We were joking that maybe the hypnotist put him to sleep too...lol. Fantasy is very impressive, will I be disappointed if I book on Magic or Wonder now? We can't afford to cruise every year but we will def try to book again in 2015! Thanks for sharing:)

Thank you, I'm so glad you liked the report! Thats so cool that we crossed paths a number of times. I do have to admit we enjoyed the platinum perks, in spite of some of the whining about them on the boards. They add just a little extra magic.

Not sure we'll always be able to afford an annual cruise, though for us it's easier to afford two than four!

In my opinion I don't think you would be disappointed sailing on the Magic or the Wonder. They are beautiful ships as well much of the over all experience is the same. I love the Magic and wouldn't hesitate to sail in her or the Wonder again. And by 2015 they will both have gone through extensive dry docks and I am willing to bet get some of the same cool technological upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter