Fantasy 10 day Southern Caribbean June 28, 2017

cpete

Earning My Ears
This will be our first Disney Cruise. We are excited to sail in celebration of our 50th Wedding Anniversary. With us will be our children and grandchildren, nine of us. We are looking forward to meeting new people, seeing new places, and lots of relaxation.

My mom and I will be taking our first Disney cruise to celebrate my 30th birthday! We are interested in participating in the Fish Extender with other guests.

- Melissa

It's a little early to be starting Fish Extenders. Typically 6-8 months out from the cruise is a good timeframe for this.

Thank you for the clarification. We're new at this but were told by friends that we should participate. Is this the area where people will discuss fish extenders or a different one?

Thank you for the clarification. We're new at this but were told by friends that we should participate. Is this the area where people will discuss fish extenders or a different one?
Fish Extenders, among many other things, are discussed, set up, handled on your cruise meet thread. There may be other sites that have FE groups set up, but they are not DISboards connected.

It's a little early to be starting Fish Extenders. Typically 6-8 months out from the cruise is a good timeframe for this.

What are "Fish Extenders" ?

We are all booked up and ready to go! Just came back from my first cruise on the Dream and it was great!

I was surprised at how quickly the good rooms get booked and we had to make some compromises. How soon can one normally book these things?

What are "Fish Extenders" ?

We are all booked up and ready to go! Just came back from my first cruise on the Dream and it was great!

I was surprised at how quickly the good rooms get booked and we had to make some compromises. How soon can one normally book these things?

Fish Extenders is a gift exchange amongst your fellow guests. For the most part FE's are organized on other forums.

This cruise is a special unique itinerary as this is the first time the Disney Fantasy is not doing an ordinary 7 day Eastern/Western and doing a 10 and 11 day Southern. Combined that this cruise is in June where kids are out of school a lot of DCL veterans (gold and platinums) booked this cruise day 1 of the dates being released therefore had first choice of staterooms. Day 1 was approx a month ago.

Fish Extenders is a gift exchange amongst your fellow guests. For the most part FE's are organized on other forums.

This cruise is a special unique itinerary as this is the first time the Disney Fantasy is not doing an ordinary 7 day Eastern/Western and doing a 10 and 11 day Southern. Combined that this cruise is in June where kids are out of school a lot of DCL veterans (gold and platinums) booked this cruise day 1 of the dates being released therefore had first choice of staterooms. Day 1 was approx a month ago.

Thank you! So it's like 420 days or so the booking window? I will have to check and see the booking window advantage for Gold/Platinum vs Silver. I guess they scoop up the good Concierge cabins too. :(

Is there a website that lists the breakdowns for the booking windows?

Thank you! So it's like 420 days or so the booking window? I will have to check and see the booking window advantage for Gold/Platinum vs Silver. I guess they scoop up the good Concierge cabins too. :(

Is there a website that lists the breakdowns for the booking windows?

Not sure who would have paid $63,000 (and that is the real price and not a joke) for the Walt/Roy suites. Not me that is for sure. Gold/Platinums can book cruises one day before the Silvers and the general public.

Here are the online checkin/excursion booking windows that are listed on the other internet face forum that you are not allowed to talk about here. There is only 394 days to the cruise (but whose counting???) . If you are excepting to be able to book a CC cabana and you are not concierge/platinum, forget about it as you stand no chance at the booking window. For my few cruises CC cabanas were all taken by concierge and there are a large number of platinums on this cruise.
Paid In Full Date - 02/28/2017
New Cruiser Online Check in Date - 04/14/2017
Silver CC Online Check in Date - 03/30/2017
Gold CC Online check in Date - 03/15/2017
Concierge/Platinum Online Check in Date - 02/28/2017

Not sure who would have paid $63,000 (and that is the real price and not a joke) for the Walt/Roy suites. Not me that is for sure. Gold/Platinums can book cruises one day before the Silvers and the general public.

Here are the online checkin/excursion booking windows that are listed on the other internet face forum that you are not allowed to talk about here. There is only 394 days to the cruise (but whose counting???) . If you are excepting to be able to book a CC cabana and you are not concierge/platinum, forget about it as you stand no chance at the booking window. For my few cruises CC cabanas were all taken by concierge and there are a large number of platinums on this cruise.
Paid In Full Date - 02/28/2017
New Cruiser Online Check in Date - 04/14/2017
Silver CC Online Check in Date - 03/30/2017
Gold CC Online check in Date - 03/15/2017
Concierge/Platinum Online Check in Date - 02/28/2017

Thank you! Roy/Walt already gone when I checked ... or at least they weren't showing as available and were held/locked-out.

What about the booking time? Gold/Platinum get to book a day before, but when does that open? For example, do Gold/Platinum find out about the new itinerary before everyone else?

Thank you! Roy/Walt already gone when I checked ... or at least they weren't showing as available and were held/locked-out.

What about the booking time? Gold/Platinum get to book a day before, but when does that open? For example, do Gold/Platinum find out about the new itinerary before everyone else?

There is no exact date as it is whenever DCL decides to release the summer dates. This year DCL released the summer itineraries on April 12th 2015 with Gold/Platinums being able to book on Apr 13th and Silvers/general public on Apr 14th. You have to monitor forums like this one or the ones on the other face forums for when DCL releases their dates. If you are looking for say summer 2018 then start monitoring the DCL forums starting in early March every day as only the mouse knows when the release date will be.

There is no exact date as it is whenever DCL decides to release the summer dates. This year DCL released the summer itineraries on April 12th 2015 with Gold/Platinums being able to book on Apr 13th and Silvers/general public on Apr 14th. You have to monitor forums like this one or the ones on the other face forums for when DCL releases their dates. If you are looking for say summer 2018 then start monitoring the DCL forums starting in early March every day as only the mouse knows when the release date will be.

ah, okay, that's what I was trying to figure out. So, basically, Gold/Platinum can book the day after Disney announces and everyone else can book the day after that. Essentially, once an itinerary is announced, it's pretty much bookable by someone within 24-48 hours.

In one year we will fly from Colorado and from New Jersey to Orlando to be ready to board the Fantasy on June 28, 2017! Thanks to everyone on the Disboards who have and are helping in our planning. We (DH and I) are first time Disney cruisers, but we did tour and cruise Alaska in 2014 with HAL. Joining us on this adventure will be first time cruisers - two adult sons, their wives, and our three teen-age grandchildren.

A FE group is on the FB page "Disney Fantasy - June 28 2017 Southern" if you want to join up.
Thanks for the information on the fb group and fish extenders! We just booked and definitely want to participate in the FE's! It is one of the highlights of a Disney cruise

We just booked our first family cruise....11 of us and 4 generations represented...pretty excited...and wanting to learn lots from all the experienced WD travelers.

Just back from 7 night eastern on Fantasy and could not pass up booking the 10 day. This will be DCL sailing #11 for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter