Fantasy 02/02/13

Veronica,

My 14 year old daughter (and my 10 year old girl) will be on the cruise, but she's not on the site yet because she doesn't KNOW she's coming on the cruise (it's going to be a Christmas surprise). Once she knows - I'll have her email you so you can chat.

This will be her 2nd cruise and she had a BLAST the first time.

We are from Virginia - where are you from?

Thanks!

Angie

Hi i'm glad someone my age will be on the cruise to! That would be great so we could get to know each other before the cruise! I live in Minnesota.

reimero said:
If you want your info updated or added, you can either PM me or just post it in the thread and I'll update it here. Eventually I'd like to replace all the categories with stateroom #s (as they come available) to make it easier to plan for FEs. I'll also need to go back and break down kids by age and gender (also for FE purposes.) But for now, having an approximate count is a good start.

Hi! We will also be on the Fantasy cruise on February 2nd! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and second time on the Fantasy. It will be myself (Cheryl), my husband, and our 13 year old daughter. We are in stateroom category 7a. We are currently signed up for the second seating in dining, but have wait listed for the earlier seating. We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and our daughter's 13th birthday!

Would you please add us to the roll call? This is the first time I have ever posted anything on Disboards, so I'm not even sure I'm doing this right:)

Thanks!!

Cheryl

Welcome, Crosslink 3690! I've added you to the roll call. Will you be participating in the FE exchange?

reimero said:
Welcome, Crosslink 3690! I've added you to the roll call. Will you be participating in the FE exchange?

Thank you! I think we would be interested in participating in the FE exchange, however we are still trying to figure out what it is:). My husband said something about pockets and gifts? :).

Btw, very sorry.....I thought we were category 7a, we are actually 4e.

Thanks again!

Cheryl

I've got a quick FE update for everyone.

First, I'm putting together a spreadsheet of participants, which can be located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ambmju7elEacdHdQZVRCSE5TdzN3NFNBTUNqRWJ2amc

Second, the cutoff date for the FE will be December 1.

For those wondering what an FE exchange is, essentially, you hang a long piece of cloth with pockets over the fish (or seahorse) outside your stateroom. Each participating stateroom drops of a gift or gifts for all the other participating staterooms (which is why we need the spreadsheet.) Gifts are generally small-ish things that represent the cruise or you or your hometown. There's lots of information on the DIS boards. They're a lot of fun!!! The "baseline" is 1 gift per stateroom per cruise. You may choose to do more if you wish.

Also, I know some FE groups like having "assigned" delivery days. Personally, I'm not at all a fan of that. I like leaving it wide open. With a cruise of this length, there's no rush and it makes it that much more fun and "magical." At least, to me.

As of right now, I count 14 "groups" participating in the FE exchange: some "groups" are in multiple staterooms, so I don't have a solid count on all that yet. As stateroom numbers come in, we can sort that out.

I just submitted my request for the facebook page as well - thanks much for setting it up.

So that's 2 staterooms participating with 4 adults and 3 kids total? And the other stateroom is not participating?

That is correct. Not sure if my parents will be up for doing the FE but we will! Have booked our first call from Mickey to arrive this weekend and bring the kids into the excitement!

We would like to join the roll call and the FE group.

Disboard name: EyeDisneyCruise
Cabin #6190
Sailing: Trisha, Ben, Alexandra (dd8), Zachary (ds6)

Looking forward to another magical adventure!!

:cool1:

Hi everyone,

Andy here.

I set up my parents to the 2nd Feb 2013 Fantasy cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary on 7th Feb (7th Feb is also my mom's 69 birthday). THEN, they decided they needed to bring some kids along, so I added my niece (9) and nephew (5) (who won't find out they are going until the morning of the cruise...). THEN, they decided they needed someone to watch the kids, so, presto, I'm now going as well! :yay: (Although, now, I've got to study up and watch the last ten years of disney/pixar movies...)

So, while my parents are at the spa or in the middle of a scrabble game, I'll be in the front row of the 3pm shows with my niece and nephew.

Please add us to the FE. Thanks!

Name: UncleAndy
Stateroom (or category): 12006
Number traveling (adults/children): 3 adults, 2 children (F, age 9) (M, age 5)
FE participants: Yes.
Dining rotation: Late
Special event? Mom and Dad's 45th Anniversary on 7 Feb 2013 (same day is Mom's 69th b-day)

PS...I was booking a palo dinner reservation, and I also saw that all the cabanas are sold out, in case anyone was wondering... There were two cabanas not listed at all on website (cabana 13 and 15 or something like that) (maybe they are closed for repairs?). But, anyway, the rest were sold.

Hi everyone,

Andy here.

I set up my parents to the 2nd Feb 2013 Fantasy cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary on 7th Feb (7th Feb is also my mom's 69 birthday). THEN, they decided they needed to bring some kids along, so I added my niece (9) and nephew (5) (who won't find out they are going until the morning of the cruise...). THEN, they decided they needed someone to watch the kids, so, presto, I'm now going as well! :yay: (Although, now, I've got to study up and watch the last ten years of disney/pixar movies...)

So, while my parents are at the spa or in the middle of a scrabble game, I'll be in the front row of the 3pm shows with my niece and nephew.

Please add us to the FE. Thanks!

Name: UncleAndy
Stateroom (or category): 12006
Number traveling (adults/children): 3 adults, 2 children (F, age 9) (M, age 5)
FE participants: Yes.
Dining rotation: Late
Special event? Mom and Dad's 45th Anniversary on 7 Feb 2013 (same day is Mom's 69th b-day)

PS...I was booking a palo dinner reservation, and I also saw that all the cabanas are sold out, in case anyone was wondering... There were two cabanas not listed at all on website (cabana 13 and 15 or something like that) (maybe they are closed for repairs?). But, anyway, the rest were sold.

Hi and welcome!
I wish my kid had such a dedicated uncle, they would never set foot on a Disney ship to watch her :confused3.
When you booked Palo dinner, were there many slots still available?
We are travelling with the grand parents and want to make the most out of it by having adult only meals.

Hi and welcome!
I wish my kid had such a dedicated uncle, they would never set foot on a Disney ship to watch her :confused3.
When you booked Palo dinner, were there many slots still available?
We are travelling with the grand parents and want to make the most out of it by having adult only meals.

Hi, typing this while watching "what would carol brady do" on TV...

We're 104 days out from cruise...
Palo day 1 - open slots (based on seating for 3) are 6, 6:30, 7, 8, 8:30
day 2 6, 6:30, 8:30
day 3 6, 6:30, 8, 8:30
day 4 6, 6:30
day 5 6, 6:30, 8, 8:30
day 6 6, 8, 8:30
day 7 6, 6:30, 7, 8

Note: lots more time slot availability for tables of 2 at Palo...

Palo brunch (also 20 surcharge)
day 2 10, 10:30, 12:30
day 6 10, 10:30, 11, 12, 12:30
not offered on other days - lots more availablilty for tables of 2.

Remy brunch (50 surcharge)
Day 2 and 6 at 11:30am (more availablility for tables of 2...)

Lots of Remy Dinner spots....

So, even if spots fill up, you might consider booking two tables of 2 to start and see if they can turn it into a table for 4 once you're on board....

Good luck.

Hello EyeDisneyCruise and UncleAndy! I've added you to the roll call and the FE list!! It looks like you and kgionet are going to be neighbors, Andy!

Just wanted to leave a quick note saying that we have decided to cancel our cruise. Booked 10 nights at POR instead, saved a ton of money. We are sad but it's what we had to do :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter