Fantasy 02/02/13

And just like that it is over. :sad1:

Dh and I decided to go to London for our anniversary this Nov. so there is no way we can cruise in Feb. :sad1: We switched our deposit to the same itinerary in October but it seems so far away!

Anyway, I hope you all have a magical cruise!! :goodvibes

Hi, I'm back from a wonderful cruise. We really enjoyed ourselves but decided that 4 days are way too short, so we are looking forward to our 7 nighter.

The FE gift swap was my daughter's cruise highlight, she is talking about it all the time.

The funniest thing is, that my husband who went on his "only Disney cruise ever", decided to join us next february, having my parents with us, this opens a whole new opportunity: Remy, here we come!!!

This will be my families 6th Disney cruise. What is the fish extender exchange we always have a great time but always want to meet other people we have two kids at cruise time son will be 17 and daughter will be 14 wife 43 me 45, we only see our kids at dinner and for pictures other than that we spend alot of time in the adult areas. Cant wait to see the Fantasy, we did something really fun but sad, when got off the Magic on Saturday that evening we went to the pier and watched the Magic go back out to sea.

You can add us to the roll call :) We did our first DCL cruise ever on the 02/09-02/12 Dream :love: We booked this cruise on board, then the EBTA in May 2013. Very excited for next year!

We will be Me, DH, DSS (who will be 14) and DS (who will be 3) :goodvibes I would love to do FE as well- our FE got lost on the way down to port canavarel the past trip but we did have fun participating :)

Welcome!!

@only8daycruise
A fish extender is a wall hanging with pockets that you can hang on the fish outside your door (where CMs usually put your "mail" in).
Everybody in this thread who wants to participate is noted on a list with stateroom number, age, number of participants,....
The participants put small, inexpensive, sometimes very creative gifts into each others FE pockets it's similar to what you call secret Santa.
Sorry if that sound confusing, english isn't my first language, I would do a better job in german.
If you search the board for "FE" you'll find lots of explanations.

@all
I was so excited after the cruise that I've already started working on our gifts :rotfl:

Mimmi, your response was written very well - clear and precise! I hope that we get to meet on the cruise. My husband loves speaking German!!!

Count us in! It will be me and my husband and possibly a child or 2 depending on how quickly our adoption goes through. We are in a balcony room on deck 5 or 6. I can't remember. We just booked it when we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We are SO excited! And count us in for the FE exchange. We love doing that!

Count us in! It will be me and my husband and possibly a child or 2 depending on how quickly our adoption goes through. We are in a balcony room on deck 5 or 6. I can't remember. We just booked it when we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We are SO excited! And count us in for the FE exchange. We love doing that!

Welcome, it must be an exciting time for you!

Your English is just fine We Americans cant use it correctly so why should anyone else, I am excited about this I told my wife about it and she is too, only 347 days til we come over the hill and see the Fantasy sitting at port waiting for us. Do you need are state room number? and do we get just one gift or a gift for every person in the state room?
Thanks for filling me in
Tim

After only one Dcl cruise I'm not very experienced.
Last time one user made a list with stateroom numbers and number of people in it and that was it.
It was up to the participants if they made one gift or cabin or one gift for everybody, we got almost only gifts for everybody and I had made one gift for the adults (with a few different things inside) and gifts for every child.
It was nice not having too many rules as everybody had different luggage allowances and different room in their suitcases, it makes a difference if somebody travels by car or plane,...

The only downside, besides my husband's whining because I had to throw out his sport shoes ;), was that my daughter wanted to run back to the stateroom every five minutes in the hope for new presents.

It's 345 days out and I have already received confirmation for vacation time from my company, one thing less to worry about :banana:.

Well at least your daughter got exercise running back to the room and your husband didn't because no sport shoes. Funny! so if I understand this correctly we get a bunch of small things to hand out to all that participate in this, so do most people just get something that is special to there home town or geographic area?

Well at least your daughter got exercise running back to the room and your husband didn't because no sport shoes. Funny! so if I understand this correctly we get a bunch of small things to hand out to all that participate in this, so do most people just get something that is special to there home town or geographic area?

We are fresh from cruising the Magic and participating in the FE exchange there. Some of the gifts we received : goody bags with candy, stickers, notepads, highlighters, lint roller, CDs of Disney music, safety pins, magnets, hair ties, key chains. What I gave out: barbeque sauce (since we're from the Carolinas and our barbeque is famous) and key chains. I like giving out things that represent where we are from. One cruise we got maple candy from people from Vermont, Old Bay from people from Baltimore, etc. It's so fun!

I brought stuff from Austria and from a trip to Japan and we received typical Canadian things from Canadian participants, we loved their stuff.

we booked this cruise over the weekend. MH, myself and DD (4 at sailing). its our first Disney cruise, though we are all seasoned cruisers (DD included). can't wait!

we booked this cruise over the weekend. MH, myself and DD (4 at sailing). its our first Disney cruise, though we are all seasoned cruisers (DD included). can't wait!

You're going to LOVE the Disney cruise! You'll never want to cruise another cruise line again! Be sure to sign up for the Fish Extender exchange. Your daughter will love it!

Thank you :blush:. Is your husband german?

No, we are both American. He studied German and did quite a bit of work in Germany years past. I have only visited (and your lovely country, too!! On our brief trip, Austria was one of my favorite stops!!!).

Could you please tell me if all FE must be handmade? I am so slow....I had better start now if they are to be hand made. :laughing:

No, we are both American. He studied German and did quite a bit of work in Germany years past. I have only visited (and your lovely country, too!! On our brief trip, Austria was one of my favorite stops!!!).

Could you please tell me if all FE must be handmade? I am so slow....I had better start now if they are to be hand made. :laughing:

Ah I see, I'm looking forward to meeting him, I've never met German speaking Americans, I guess most of you learn Spanish, right?

About the FE gifts: They don't have to be handmade, we got all kinds of stuff, handmade and bought and everything was appreciated. This should be fun not stressful. I'm not very crafty, so there are natural limits to what I can make but I've already had an idea and I hope it will turn out ok, right now it's till looking good.

I'm so looking forward to reading the first Fantasy trip reports!!

2 adults here. this will be our 2nd DCL cruise (Dream last May was first). very excited for this itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter