• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantastic Couples Retreat on the Fantasy Dec 15th

Day 3
Is that the sun?

I was starting to feel all the food that I had been eating catching up with me so I snuck out bed early and headed to the stairs and the outdoor jogging track. I did 5 complete trips from deck 1 to deck 12 on the stairs and then headed outside for a nice 5K around the track. Talk about working out in paradise, the sun was shining and quite a few people were out getting their early morning workout on.

Workout done, time to get my lovely wife and replace some of the calories I burned off. We made the trek to Cabanas and I discovered something I had never tried before, muesli. The best way I can describe it is a cold granola oatmeal cereal, but I love it! By the way, Cabanas has a very nice spread for breakfast and I was delighted to get some Mickey waffles with strawberry sauce, I swear they use cake batter to make those delicious things. We ran into our server Jaycon in Cabanas and he totally said hi to us by name. I don't know about you, but I love the fact when people actually remember our names. It is a small thing, but one that makes a huge difference.

After breakfast it was totally time for some sun and we headed to the adults area for some quiet relaxation. Well, we thought we were in the adults area, turns out that right above Cove Cafe is not adults only and we had some young kids playing about. Didn't bother me, but another couple complained and were told that the sun deck for adults was actually another deck higher, who knew? It was so nice finally being able to soak up some vitamin D and we lounged around for bit before we got to crispy.

I think we were both ready for a little air conditioning so we chose to see Wreck it Ralph in 3D :3dglasses

IMG_0334_zps23c226f9.jpg

Let me just say the movie theater on the ship had some of the best sound I have ever heard and they used very high quality 3D glasses, not the cheap throw aways you get at most theaters. As far as the movie, we really enjoyed it. Neither of us was expecting much, but we both left happy :woohoo: Having first run movies on the ship is just another perk of sailing with Disney especially if you are a big movie buff like we are.

After the movie we headed over to the Walt Disney Theater to see the matinee showing of Disney Wishes. I feel like a broken record, but once again Disney impressed with its use of live actors, set pieces and music. The thing I was most impressed with and also very excited about was they had full costume characters with eyes and mouths that actually moved. I read that they used this technology for Mickey in the parks at one point, but I didn't expect to see it on the cruise. It just adds another dimension to already superb production.

After all this sitting around, it was time for a coffee refresher so we headed to Cove Cafe for some espresso goodness. We absolutely love this coffee shop on board, it is just so comfortable. We find ourselves, just wanting to curl up and relax there with a big cup of deliciousness.

After some recharging, we headed back to our room to get ready for dinner. We were both determined to catch some live music before our meal so we didn't dawdle as much as normal.

After getting ready, we headed to La Piazza to listen to a pianist do a Billy Joel tribute which I thoroughly enjoyed. I sang along, as Tawnya laughed at me while enjoying a delicious cocktail.

We had a little fun on the scooter that was parked in the corner of the bar too.

IMG_0383_zps5978df46.jpg

Tonight's dinner was at Animators Palette and it was the Crush show which we already experienced on the Dream. However, like almost everything we had experienced on the Fantasy, we enjoyed the show more and found it a lot less intrusive than it was on the Dream. Our favorite item on the menu that night was the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes. These were creamy, amazing goodness. I think I had 2 orders of them!

After dinner, we headed to the Tube for the first time at night.
IMG_0242_zps0637caf7.jpg

The Bucket Boys, who were a percussion team who used garbage cans and such to create rhythm and music, were up on stage. They used some adult comedy while entertaining the crowd and we laughed out loud for a good portion of the show. :lmao:

Time for sleep, tomorrow was going to be our first port, St. Thomas, are we couldn't wait.

Yup' we loved the nights in the Tube and our DD was one of the Bucket Girls that had her own dance number with one of the bucket boys :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter