• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

fantasmic

dp911

Mouseketeer
When dhs has two shows, should we do the fantasnic dining package or eat where we want? Not crazy about HV but they have the best ADR time to do the package. I want to see the show but want to make it as easy as possible with two little ones. We tried to see it last time but it was mobbed.

Well, if you don't want to keep your two little ones out until the second show, then doing the dining package will keep you from having to wait in line so long. If the little ones are ok with staying out later, then eat where you want and see the second show.
If you are doing the package, I really would try to get Mama Melrose...I've never had any luck with H&V. It's been ok for breakfast when DD was into JoJo and Handy Manny and all, but there's only so much damage you can do to breakfast.

I don't care for HV at all but mama only has really early times avail. I don't care about going to the later show if it dies down.

Mama Melrose is the best in my opinion. We are doing breakfast and late lunch that day at MM. As for dinner, we will just see where the day takes us. I don't mind havning a late lunch/early dinner. It certainly beats waiting in line for 2 hours before the show with no guarantee of seating. The one year we got into line, people had been lined up for two hours, it was standing room only, and we were still very far down the line, and they weren't going to be able to fit everyone in. The next year we did the dinner pkg and do it every year since then.

I saw the show last week on a night with 2 shows -- people lined up at 6:00 p.m. (I was in line at 6:00 p.m. because I came to HS just for the show) for the 8:30 show. We were let in at 7:00 p.m. The stadium was completely filled (all sections filled before the show started.)

I would take the earlier MM times and work my lunch around that schedule -- just have a small lunch or snack at lunch time -- I had the pretzel hotdog with chips at HS for $8 and it was pretty good although the chips was a 1 oz. bag. Or eat a big breakfast that can hold you over until the early dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter