Fantasmic?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide when to go to DL. I was thinking about labor day week, but now am considering Oct. 14-19. We would be at the parks M-F. Is Fantasmic usually shown on the Fri. nites in the fall? I REALLY, REALLY want to see it, since I don't like the WDW version, and it was not showing on our last trip to DL. So, this factors in quite heaviliy when deciding which week to go! Thanks!:banana:

Fantasmic normally shows Fri-Sun nights during the off season. Of course, there is always a chance of cancelation due to poor weather conditions.

I know I'm not confident that there will be Fantasmic on Fridays in October, given that it's not showing on any Fridays in September (which has already seriously messed up our plans, since I feel the same way as you).

I know I'm not confident that there will be Fantasmic on Fridays in October, given that it's not showing on any Fridays in September (which has already seriously messed up our plans, since I feel the same way as you).
That is surprising but it appears you are quite correct. Bummer. A look at Oct 2006 here http://www.laughingplace.com/Guide-Cal-DL-200610.asp shows that Fantasmic was only Sat/Sun last year in Oct. The OP should accept that this may happen again.

Gawrsh! No F! on Fridays is . . . well . . . just WRONG! I'm wondering if this will be the same for all of Nov and Dec as well??? Eeeeek!

<frantically reconsidering dates for our Nov trip>

Yikes! I was really hoping to catch Fantasmic on a Friday night in October, as well. I guess I hadn't really been keeping that close of an eye on it, because I have seen it before and don't usually seek it out anymore. I am taking some newbies this year that would have liked to see it. We are staying Tues-Fri so unless they add Friday this year, I guess we are out of luck. SAD.:sad1:

Oh no! I was counting on Friday too. We are going the same dates as the OP. I may have to change it around to where we go Sunday night, then squeezing in MHT and the fireworks on Friday.

The stupid CM who I purchased MHT tickets to wouldn't tell me the dates for it, so I bought for a Friday. When I realized there was another one during the week, she said it was too late to change!

Yeah, they didn't run it on Fridays last fall, which sucked, because we always go on Friday nights - it looks like we're gonna have to switch to Sundays now.

What I had heard was that the YoaMD promotion didn't draw nearly as many people as they expected (this is pretty evident from how light the crowds have been all year), and as a result, they're cutting corners wherever they can. Since Fantasmic is probably pretty expensive, I'm not surprised that they cut one of the showings.

According to the same ent. calendar on Laughingplace, they started showing F! two times on Friday nights mid-November last year, and this continued through Dec.

<<breathing HUGE sigh of relief>> Whew! :goodvibes

A look at Oct 2006 here http://www.laughingplace.com/Guide-Cal-DL-200610.asp shows that Fantasmic was only Sat/Sun last year in Oct.
Although that calendar shows what was initially scheduled, I can tell you from first hand experience that Disneyland did, in fact, have Fantasmic on 3 of the Fridays last October.

Probably due to the larger-than-usual crowds from the HalloweenTime promotion, Disneyland added showings of Fantasmic on Fridays, beginning October 13.

I was there on Friday, October 20, and did the balcony dessert buffet for the 10:30PM show. (That's right, there were 2 -- count 'em, 2 -- performances of Fantasmic that night.) Because these shows had not been on the schedule 30 days prior, I was able to get the balcony seating only a couple days before I went.

So, even though Fantasmic may not appear on the October schedule at the moment, I would not rule it out. If this year's HalloweenTime crowds match last year's -- and I think they will -- then I wouldn't be surprised to see Fantasmic back on the Friday schedule.

Although that calendar shows what was initially scheduled, I can tell you from first hand experience that Disneyland did, in fact, have Fantasmic on 3 of the Fridays last October.

Probably due to the larger-than-usual crowds from the HalloweenTime promotion, Disneyland added showings of Fantasmic on Fridays, beginning October 13.

I was there on Friday, October 20, and did the balcony dessert buffet for the 10:30PM show. (That's right, there were 2 -- count 'em, 2 -- performances of Fantasmic that night.) Because these shows had not been on the schedule 30 days prior, I was able to get the balcony seating only a couple days before I went.

So, even though Fantasmic may not appear on the October schedule at the moment, I would not rule it out. If this year's HalloweenTime crowds match last year's -- and I think they will -- then I wouldn't be surprised to see Fantasmic back on the Friday schedule.

Hey, thanks for giving a gal some hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter