Fantasmic

AllAboutDisney

Mouseketeer
I got Fantasmic Dinner package ressies for 5:20. Is that ridiculously early? I really wanted around 6:30 or so but nothing else was available. Should I just punt this idea or is it really worth it?:confused3

You don't say when your show is scheduled for and what time of year.

Anyway, 5:20p isn't too bad, I've heard of folks getting 3:30!

You could keep trying too, for a later time as sometimes around 30 days out more, later times come available.

I understand. Our dinner pakage at Mama Melrose is at 5:10. But, really, that's fine with us.

That's actually an excellent time. They typically utilize times that aren't busy for the restaurants, so it's very common to eat between 2:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't think you can get one much later than you've got. In any case, I think you'll be happy with it as you won't have to rush through dinner and may even have time to catch another couple of rides or a show before going to Fantasmic.

Sorry forgot to mention this is May 20th and Fantasmic is at 9pm.
I didn't realize they set aside "off" times for the dinner packages.

Sorry forgot to mention this is May 20th and Fantasmic is at 9pm.
I didn't realize they set aside "off" times for the dinner packages.

Oh yes, then that is quite early for such a late show so there's a chance that if you keep trying you might get a later time.

At least you'll not have to rush at all after dinner. You can get some rides in after dinner and before the show.

Yes, they only give certain times for Fantasmic Package sometimes releasing more times as it gets within 30 days.

Keep in mind that it isn't a dinner theater type of deal. You're not going to watch Fantasmic from Mama Melroses. You're going to have a nice dinner at the restaurant, and your server will give you special tickets to get into the Fantasmic ampitheater later that night.

If it's not too early for you to be eating dinner, it won't be a problem at all. You'll have a few more hours after dinner to explore the park before heading for Fantasmic.

What other restaurants can you get the Fantasmic tickets to? This is so that you don't have to go super early and save seats right??

We had our package reservations at Mama Melrose last year at 5:30 for a 9:00 Fantasmic show, and it ended up being just about right. Dinner took us about 90 minutes, which meant we didn't leave the restaurant until about 7:00. We did a quick ride on Star Tours, stopped in a few shops, and then it was time to get to the theatre. Remember you need to get to the theatre no later than 30 minutes before the show starts, and you're really encouraged to be there about 45 minutes before.

Mama Melrose is way at the back of MGM, about as far from the theater as you can possibly be. Once you check in near Oscar's, you have quite a long walk back to the actual theatre, so all told, you're walking quite a bit there.

This year, we again got a 5:30 reservation at Mama Melrose. You certainly do not want to get rushed and end up late to the show because the CMs will open that reserved section for the general audience if it gets too full.

Enjoy your meal, take your time, and have fun at the show.

We have a 4:20 pm dinner package with Mama Melrose too....I am fine with this because it will give my daughters plenty of time to eat and then a little shopping before the show.

That's actually a very good time, as I got a 5:10 package later this year at Brown Derby, and I called back a few times looking for something later and I was told they didn't do reservations after 5:30.

5:20 for the Fantasmic package is late. I've tried to get 6-ish reservations on a number of trips and have never been successful. Even tried the "call within 30 days" trick with no luck.

We got 6:00 ressies for H&V last Sept on the package. I made the ADR about 75 days out. Also, H&V is near the front and just a quick walk to Oscar's, where the dinner package entrance is.

We had our package reservations at Mama Melrose last year at 5:30 for a 9:00 Fantasmic show, and it ended up being just about right. Dinner took us about 90 minutes, which meant we didn't leave the restaurant until about 7:00. We did a quick ride on Star Tours, stopped in a few shops, and then it was time to get to the theatre. Remember you need to get to the theatre no later than 30 minutes before the show starts, and you're really encouraged to be there about 45 minutes before.

Mama Melrose is way at the back of MGM, about as far from the theater as you can possibly be. Once you check in near Oscar's, you have quite a long walk back to the actual theatre, so all told, you're walking quite a bit there.

This is totally the right time frame. We did the package one time, and it took us 90 minutes to eat the meal too. Keep in mind this was with four adults (my whole family was 18+ by this point) so we weren't slowed down by children eating. This is how long Mama Melrose takes at that time of day...LONG in my opinion. :hourglass As long as you're hungry at 5, it will probably make your life easier and less panicked at dinner.

One post above says: I'm not a fan of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package for a number of reasons and I think you would be fine on your own. I've written an article on why you don't need to have the Fantasmic! Dinner Package:

So according to the article, the seats that you get with the dinner package don't have the best view. For those of you who've been in those seats, did you think they were all right?

One post above says: I'm not a fan of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package for a number of reasons and I think you would be fine on your own. I've written an article on why you don't need to have the Fantasmic! Dinner Package:

So according to the article, the seats that you get with the dinner package don't have the best view. For those of you who've been in those seats, did you think they were all right?

You can see the show from all seats. The package seats are to the far right of the stadium. The best seats would be in the center section but like I said you can see the show from all seats.

The package is guaranteed seats (up to 30 minutes before) but not to get the best seats. They are also still first come, first serve so the later you get there the further to the right you'll be.

The waitresses always told me to get to the special entrance by 45 minutes before.

We have Mama's booked for 5:40 on 5/5 with a 9pm show. I think the time is just about right for us as our party is three adults and two children under four. It could take us up to two hours to eat. See it as giving your feet (and your group) a rest. :thumbsup2 That's got to be a good thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter