• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic - Yes or No?

Jennifer124

Mouseketeer
We will be taking an almost 6-year-old and a 2-year-old. None of us have ever seen it. We were going to do the Fantasmic dinner package, but after reading some comments, I'm wondering if perhaps we shouldn't see Fantasmic with such small children. Thoughts?

I think that you would be fine with your 6 year old as long as there's no frear of either fireworks, loud noises or dragons.

I'm not sure about a 2 year old, it's going to be quite late, there are pleanty of strollers get parked on the way to Fantasmic, so I'm guessing lots of under 5's go to it, I'd try the little on out with something like Wishes first and see how you get on.

I'm not sure that really helps.

Cheers Larry.

We did the MM F! Package in August with a 3 and 5 year old. They Loved it. It was their favorite nighttime show. It depends on your kids I guess, others have said it was scary.

Its a great show! I love it! You might try showing it to them on youtube before you go to see if its something they would want to do.

We will be taking an almost 6-year-old and a 2-year-old. None of us have ever seen it. We were going to do the Fantasmic dinner package, but after reading some comments, I'm wondering if perhaps we shouldn't see Fantasmic with such small children. Thoughts?

Well, then, you must -- you must!

At least once.

My four year old loved it! She definitely held my hand a little tighter in some parts, but overall she was fine!

Its a great show! I love it! You might try showing it to them on youtube before you go to see if its something they would want to do.

Why spoil the surprise? It's not that scary and shouldn't be a problem. My biggest concern with a two year old would be the wait before the show starts.

depends on child when youngest was 16 months old he loved the show while another grandson age 6 years hated it. granted 2 different famiies it shows how different kids are. you have to know your kids. will not be able to have stroller near if 2 year old fall asleep. it is a pain to find stroller at end and it is a huge crowd. back row is strickly for wheelchairs unless you have a stroller as wheelchair tag..

We see Fantasmic on every trip. My daughter has seen it at 6 months, 19 months, and 26 months. The only time she did not get scared was at 6 months. She hates the sudden loud sounds, and hides her head, but she hates the sounds of all fireworks. We sit closer to the top, and she has never asked to leave because she does like to watch some parts of it.

what time of year are you going? If it's in the winter, the show is not late at all (we've been to 6:30 and 7:00 PM showings in November, January and February) so if you're going at this time of year how late the show is won't make much difference to your 2 yr old.

My only suggestion is to not sit down front if you think your little one might be frightened by portions of the show...if you're down close it would all look larger to the little ones...up near the top of theater seating you still have a fine view, but not so close & potentially scary. Most little ones seem to like most of the show (we've been many times) Also, if you sit near the top, you will get out faster at the end.

My 6 year old was horrified. Way too "creepy" for her. Additionally, my wife and I both found it lame. The 11 year old thought it was "kinda cool", but not worth seeing again. Easily the only real disappointment of our visit.

To be fair, my youngest detests anything "creepy" - zombies, skeletans, whatever. If this is your kid, I'd skip it. She was also a little scared in It's Tough To Be A Bug (which the rest of us loved), but nothing like Fantasmic.

Definitely try it unless you already know your kids gets frightened easily. It's not that scary but could scare some children I suppose. And I would not watch it on you tube before! I don't watch any parades or shows before I experience them in person. I love fantasmic and see it every trip but the first time I was blown away and it was special!

Fantamic is my husband's favorite show! Mine as well. When our girls were 4 & 7, the 4 year old loved it, but is scared the heck out of the 7 year old. Go figure! I thing this boils down to the personalities of your kids. It's a long wait to see it, and that might be of concern. It's loud and very intense. You can feel the fire, even way in the back. You Tube doesn't do it justice.

Just to clarify, the noises, fire, and explosions didn't bother our daughter one bit. It was the creepy characters in Mickeys nightmare that did her in. YouTube ahead of time would have been a real blessing for us - wish we had done that.

As a parent of a 6 yr. old, I am sure you are very aware of the "one day scared of nothing, next day scared of everything, next day pretending not to be scared of anything" phases. It really depends on your kids and how they handle noises and crowds. The scenes are so far away, it's out in the open, and most of the time it is pretty mild. I would give it a shot if you think your kids will be a little adventurous in the process. Mine may have had problems from about age 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 just because she was reaching that new level of awareness of harm and danger. But if I were you, I would go for it cause you can always leave and get some New Orleans refreshments for the kids if they don't like it.

That's a good point about how we could always get up and leave, because after reading the posts I was pretty sure we should avoid it. Thanks for all the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter