Fantasmic- worth making dinner ressies to see?

Karinmrh

Earning My Ears
HI I just got the prices of dinners at MGM to get reserved seats for Fantasmic- is it worth the $$? :surfweb:

Definitely see Fantasmic! Even if you don't get reservations for dinner,many here have had success with walking in and waiting, depending on when you visit.

We have always done the package at BD or H&V - figuring we have to eat dinner, anyway, and you get to use the "secret" entrance which is a long walk down!!

Worth it?? Definitely!! It's an awesome show - close tie with Spectro for our family!!And during FDP, I'd say book the package.

Karinmrh said:
HI I just got the prices of dinners at MGM to get reserved seats for Fantasmic- is it worth the $$? :surfweb:

Depends . Do you feel like waiting? If you have small kids, can they handle a 60 minute wait without driving you nuts?
If you don't do the dinner package I would recommend getting in line at least 1 hour before the show (70-75 mins if the park is really busy, like in the middle of the summer or Christmas week).
Are you going to have a TS dinner in the park anyway? If you were planning to have a sit down dinner that day, why not make it a dinner package?

The seats are not any better then the general public so you are safe there. My family & I always have a TS dinner when we are on vacation so we go with the dinner package. I think its worth the few extra bucks.

My rule of thumb is this. If there are two shows, go to the second without the package. If there is one show, get the package. Obviously if you have small kids that can't stay up, then you would get the package and go to the first anyway.

I would say do the Dinner package even if you do not see Fanatsmic as the dinner is discounted........ :thumbsup2 I would see Fantasmic but for any reason you don't that night there is no loss.....

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
My rule of thumb is this. If there are two shows, go to the second without the package. If there is one show, get the package. Obviously if you have small kids that can't stay up, then you would get the package and go to the first anyway.

I agree with this 100%. I'll add that Fantasmic isn't my favorite - we didn't bother seeing it last time we went as my kids aren't all that crazy about it. However if you've never been I'd recommend trying it - you won't know until you go!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1105066&highlight=fantasmic

This link is to another discussion on the DIS where I gave my opinion about the Fantasmic dinner package, etc.

If you don't have the dining package...or even if you do, here's what we like to do:

Get counter service suppers at the place near the entrance to B&B, RnRC and Fantasmic. Depending on when you go (how busy it is), you'll need to do this anywhere from 45 min. to 1 1/2 hrs. before the show. There are at least 3 different places you can go to get burgers, pizza, salads, etc. Take the trays right into the Fantasmic seating area and eat there. There are restrooms once you're in the area and even snack stands if you want dessert. This way, you get a decent seat toward the middle (but don't sit close to the front...2/3 of the way back is good).

We've done the dinner package, and for us the seating has been better doing it this other way. We also tend to limit our sit-down meals to save on $ and those extra calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter