Fantasmic: worth it or not??

KellyNY said:
Considering limited viewing area for this show, just first timers alone, who obviously want to see everything will be enough to create such long waits, not to mention exiting the show, oh! :eek:

Lol , exiting was a cruel joke. I was surprised at how many people decide to have a conference on the exit walk way.
My poor DH was scared being trapped in between all those big people shoulder to shoulder, so i picked her up for the walk to the Gulag, i mean Tower of Terror.

I definitely think it's worth it. As someone who saw in DLR in 97, and loved it (I was 7 though ahha!) and then saw it again in 2011, and thought "meh, it's okay". It wasn't until recently that my absolute LOVE for the show blossomed, and I cannot get through it without crying anymore haha.

There's lots of great imagination throughout it, fireworks, water works, characters, pyrotechnic, projection of movies on the water. It's absolutely amazing and I will never miss it now, and try to see it twice a trip if I can. I prefer it over all the rest of the nighttime shows, with Wishes in a very close second!

I hope this thread doesn't end like this. So many questions! :)

By the way I think Fantasmic! Is worth the wait and hassle. It is the greatest collection of villains anywhere.

I've showed up like 10 minutes before lots of times and found seats. Last time I sat in the middle like 3rd row just by asking some nice people to slide down a little. There seem to be a lot of gaps to fill if you are a small party with big bootys. :thumbsup2

I actually am bored a bit by it. However, I don't find fireworks and that sort of stuff very interesting. Depends on how much you and your group like that sort of thing. (Although to be fair, it's far more than a fireworks show.) But. I'd rather get back to my room and avoid the crowds and/or do something else

I actually am bored a bit by it. However, I don't find fireworks and that sort of stuff very interesting. Depends on how much you and your group like that sort of thing. (Although to be fair, it's far more than a fireworks show.) But. I'd rather get back to my room and avoid the crowds and/or do something else

To me personally it is more a show then fireworks and be honest this is what I really do not like about F!. It is just not that fantastic as a show.

My family loves it, yes it has changed a bit over time. To me it is FANTASMIC:love:! First time we went we were in standing room only way up top to the side,that was our first ever trip to WDW. Second trip we did the dinner pkg and had great seats. We actually left the reserves dinner pkg area and moved down front and center. The third time we went it was in December 2010 during the historical cold spell. We were freezing yet had great seats dead center. I plan to see it again on our next trip.

I love Fantasmic! I never miss it! As far as night time shows go I think it far exceeds Illuminations.

I love Fantasmic! I never miss it! As far as night time shows go I think it far exceeds Illuminations.

I'm old so Fantasmic! isn't exciting to me. However, when I look at the face of the little four-year-old watching princesses and dragons and such, it makes my day.

We are a Fantasmic family. We used to go every trip until they started to limit the show to a few times a week. We missed a few trips but started back up on our last few trips. We aren't an Illuminations family.

nooneshome said:
We are a Fantasmic family. We used to go every trip until they started to limit the show to a few times a week. We missed a few trips but started back up on our last few trips. We aren't an Illuminations family.

Wow , actually Illuminations is my personal favorite show at WDW . We has R&C outdoor seats for it this time, it was amazing.

Wow , actually Illuminations is my personal favorite show at WDW . We has R&C outdoor seats for it this time, it was amazing.

Rose and Crown, outside, frosty mug of ale, Illuminations... I could do that every night.

Sorry, that distracted me... Back to the wonderful Fantasmic! Everyone should see it at least three times to catch all the cool scenes. I never tire of sorcerer Mickey!

Fantasmic is a very unique, one of a kind show. I'm sure it's very different than unlike anything you can see near home. Don't miss it.

:thumbsup2 This show is totally awesome - have started to be bored with Illuminations, so don't watch it every trip anymore. Hope to watch Fantasmic tomorrow night, but we have never felt the need for a restaurant package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter