Fantasmic Tips?

txgirl

DIS Veteran
It's been 10 years since we have seen Fantasmic because all the years between then and now, there have been late storms or we ran out of time :/ I remember getting there crazy early and having plenty of time but it did fill up fast.

I really want our family to have a chance to see it this year (10 days from now!) but I can't find any tips for seating. We won't have dinner reservations, so what time do we need to be seated in order to secure a spot? We have 14 in our group. Thanks!

I would say at least an hour early (the 8,000 capacity Fantasmic auditorium fills up FAST, even 30 minutes before show time I have heard them call "standing room only" for guests entering the line). With a group of 14 I would maybe even go so far as to say 1.5 hours - 2 hours early if you all want to sit together (our last trip this past October, my boyfriend and I got in line 45 mins early and saw a family of 8 get split up to find seating, dad took 2 boys, mom and grandma took 3 girls).

Keep in mind tho that the dinner package reserved seats take up the entirety of the center of the auditorium so without one you will be seated off-center at best :/. Question for those who visit Fantasmic more often: do they allow non dinner package guests to be seated in the dinner reservation section if there are free spots open?

The line up will depend on how busy the park is. I can't answer your questions about the reserved seating, but can offer our strategy. We head to the area of the theater and if there is no line up, we grab an ice cream cone or snack before standing in line. This summer was the first time we did the dinner reservation section and felt that was an added bonus to the dinner :)
Good luck!

I've waited and I've done the package. If it's busy, I'd say get there 45-60 minutes at minimum. I prefer to sit in the middle near the front, but most seats are pretty good. I know when we had reserved seating, we were just off the middle to the right, but they may have changed it. They also open it up to everyone after a certain time.

The front row is nice because you can get a good look at the characters and feel the heat from the fire, but if it's real windy and blowing your way, you'll also get the mist from the water screens. i had to keep wiping off my camera.

I'd try for a FastPass+ for Fantasmic! (as your 4th or 5th FP+ of the day.)

What a FP+ for F! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FP+, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)

So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.

Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can gat a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even with a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

There is sometimes a "pre-show" (such as it is) that can help pass the last 30 minutes before show time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:

(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

--------------------------------------

As usual, Robo has the best recommendations. Unless the park is extremely busy on the day you visit, you should be able to get a FP for F! in the afternoon. But even with a FP, you will want to get there early in order to find a good place to sit, especially since your group is so big.

You can get a FP+ for Fantasmic. You'll still need to get there real early for good seats, but FP+ at least guarantees you'll get in.

Also, just remember, you can get there an hour and a half ahead of time, but that means you'll be standing in line for almost all that time. I hate waiting in line that long for anything, so we just go over there when they start letting people in. We have always found a seat, even when it's really busy. Now, you have a bigger group so it's a little different. But I just wanted to point that out, just so you realize it's not like you can there real early and grab seats.

Also agree with Robo. Last December we got a FP+ (4th after hopping from MK) and arrived around 45 min early. We had our choice of seats and sat in the first row - which is our family favorite. This was during the week prior to Christmas - so moderate crowd levels. For busier times I would recommend extending that arrival a bit. We plan to do the same on our upcoming trip this December. Have a great trip!

1. Can anyone comment on a good exit strategy? I have heard this can be difficult. It looks like the "standby" seats are closest to the exit? Unfortunately waiting around is not an option with a 3 year old, and the only show available the second week in December is 8:30. We'll be pushing our luck, and if you think we will have to wait an hour to get a bus we will have to skip it.
2. What % chance they add an earlier second show?
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter