Fantasmic! stratagies?

disneygeek

DIS veteran
Hey Guys,

We want to take our 2 and 4 year old to Fantasmic. We saw it last in 1998 before they were born. What nights should we avoid? How early should we arrive? We'll be down Nov 3-7.

Thanks

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't go with a 2 year old. DS who is almost 6 now who fears nothing was terrified at 2. It is really loud to small children and they don't yet understand that the good guys always win.

Take a nap during the day and go to the late show any night. Once you get in, immediatly move to the left until you are about 2/3 of the way around and you can get a low seat without much of a crowd.

We didn't have any problem getting a seat about 40 minutes before showtime, two weeks ago. We were maybe 6 rows back from the front and could have been closer but didn't want to get wet (we got wet anyway).

My daughter was just about to turn three when we took her. I now call Fantasmic "that show that scared the **** out of my kid." We won't go again for a few years...

We always do the "dinner and a show" package with one of the restaurants at the Studios. In January we did the Brown Derby. It was a set price ($35 /adult and $10 /child I think). You got an appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage. When you finished, they give you a ticket to get into Fantasmic in a special seating section, but you don't have to get in line nearly as early. I think we go in about 30 minutes early. The seats are to the right of the seating area, not in the center. But, it is possible to move to the center once you get in. The only potential problem is that the times available for the dining are pretty early. I think ours in January was at 4:30 or something. I don't mind that, though. We'll basically skip lunch, have a big early dinner, and then maybe bring a snack into Fantasmic.

I agree to make sure that your little ones are up for the show. It can be fairly scary. My DD who was 5 last time we went (and pretty brave) was a little worried about all the fire and sound effects and such.

Have fun!

We did the dinner & show package last year and it worked great. Except that Fantasmic scared the pants of my 5-yr-old. :guilty:

Every child is different. I've heard a lot of parents say their young girls (some boys too) were terrified by the show. We took ds when he was 2.5 and it was his FAVORITE thing. We went back for a 2nd night. :goodvibes When dd was 2.5 we were back at Disney again. Now maybe she was brave as ds(then 5.5) was loving the show....but she thought the show was terrific too! She held onto me at one point when it was particularly dark and loud...but very quickly was chearing w/ everyone else for Mickey. :love: It's a wonderful show...but only you know your children. How do they react when watching Disney videos? Does the witch scare them in Snow White? Malificent as the dragon? Other villains?? Than probably should wait a few years to see the show.

This time of year it is doubtful it will be offered 2x/night as it's less crowded at Disney. I'd just go about 40mins early and you should be fine. Just don't sit too close!!! :rolleyes1

ms.ojo said:
It's a wonderful show...but only you know your children. How do they react when watching Disney videos? Does the witch scare them in Snow White? Malificent as the dragon? Other villains?? Than probably should wait a few years to see the show.
You should also think about how they react to fireworks and the like. My DD isn't frightened of the Disney villians at all, but the special effects of Fantasmic frightened her.

We have tried seeing fantasmic two different ways each time in August. The first time we went to the late show and arrived a half hour early. We had to stand in line for that half hour in the dark. That being said we could have found seats if we walked in right before the show start time. It was raining slightly that evening so maybe that kept the crowd down. ( I don't think I would arrive so early for the late show next time)
The second time we went to the first show because it was the only one offered on that particular day. We hopped to MGM after dinner on th e day we arrived just for Fantasmic and arrived an hour before show time. We walked right in and sat front and center! We however have two older girls who didn't mind hanging out for an hour eating ice cream and doing the wave. Most seats were taken 20 minutes before show time. Hope this information is helpful! :goodvibes

Seeing it in the middle of the week (Tuesday or Wednesday) is better as it's less crowded than a Friday or Saturday in my opinion.

As for getting in to the show, we went an hour early & had no trouble getting good seats. My four yr old was slightly nervous, but my 3 yr old was frightened & a friend's 3 yr old was screaming. The special effects & sounds can be really frightening for toddlers.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but forewarned is forearmed. My DD sat on my lap facing me with a sweatshirt over her head. She preferred this to leaving the theater, and actually fell asleep that way.

tlbwriter said:
You should also think about how they react to fireworks and the like. My DD isn't frightened of the Disney villians at all, but the special effects of Fantasmic frightened her.

Good point!

Great thread. DH and I haven't seen Fantasmic yet and want to go, and we have a 2 and 4 year old. I think we're going to put it off for a few years. My kids do not like the villains and like fireworks from a distance but haven't really ever heard the noise up close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter