Fantasmic/Star Wars Fireworks question

Harry M

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Been a lurker here for a couple years, but this is my first post.

With the changes to hours happening in Sept and Oct, a dilemma has presented itself for our trip. On our HS day, I had planned to cap off the night at Fantasmic at 8PM. However, NOW the Star Wars fireworks are going off at 7:45. My party is super interested in SW, so it's a no brainer to watch those. Is there a way to get into Fantasmic late after it's already begun? It's our only planned HS day (Sept 30th), and it would be nice to see both.

Thanks in advance!
Harry

I know I am not helping here, but do the Star Wars fireworks go off at the same time as Fantasmic?! Who had that genius idea, if that is indeed the case?

I have found out SOOOOOO much information that I never would have known about through this Forum. I have a trip in 50 days and I check in probably 3 or 4 times a day. Haha

I know I am not helping here, but do the Star Wars fireworks go off at the same time as Fantasmic?! Who had that genius idea, if that is indeed the case?
The theory behind why Disney is doing them both at the same time is to prevent huge groups of guests from running from one to another, and basically disrupting others in the process. Also, the real estate from which you can see the Star Wars projections is much smaller than the viewing areas for previous DHS fireworks shows, so Disney would need some guests to pick Fantasmic, because you can't fit everyone in the viewing area for Star Wars.

Hello all,

Been a lurker here for a couple years, but this is my first post.

With the changes to hours happening in Sept and Oct, a dilemma has presented itself for our trip. On our HS day, I had planned to cap off the night at Fantasmic at 8PM. However, NOW the Star Wars fireworks are going off at 7:45. My party is super interested in SW, so it's a no brainer to watch those. Is there a way to get into Fantasmic late after it's already begun? It's our only planned HS day (Sept 30th), and it would be nice to see both.

Thanks in advance!
Harry
Impossible to do both. With the current set up

I went to HS last month and saw the Star Wars fireworks. It was an amazing show and definatley worth seeing. I am almost 100 percent sure that there was not a fantasmic show. I believe the Star Wars show was either slightly after the normal time for Fantasmic. The only reason is I went thinking we would see fantasmic and had to wait an extra 30 or so minutes for the Star Wars show. You will love it. My four year old son was completely mesmerized. Enjoy!!

The theory behind why Disney is doing them both at the same time is to prevent huge groups of guests from running from one to another, and basically disrupting others in the process. Also, the real estate from which you can see the Star Wars projections is much smaller than the viewing areas for previous DHS fireworks shows, so Disney would need some guests to pick Fantasmic, because you can't fit everyone in the viewing area for Star Wars.

I think that's true. I was there in May and we found a spot for the fireworks on Hollywood Blvd across from Sunset Blvd. Fantasmic let out right before the fireworks and it was a mess. There was little room for the Fantasmic crowd to get out.

I think that's true. I was there in May and we found a spot for the fireworks on Hollywood Blvd across from Sunset Blvd. Fantasmic let out right before the fireworks and it was a mess. There was little room for the Fantasmic crowd to get out.

That is my concern as well. We have seen Fantasmic! multiple times and are really only going to DHS to watch the Star Wars fireworks. There is a 8 pm Fantasmic! and an 8:15 pm Star Wars fireworks show. I guess Fantasmic! will last long enough not to have a huge throng at the fireworks. I agree that it is sad that you cannot see both as both look to be permanent additions to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter