Fantasmic Special entrance for Dining Res?

pixiemomamy

Disney NUT...
Do they still have the special entrance for Fantasmic if you have dining res? I heard they only have reserved seating and you still have to stand in line?

Thanks for the help...pixiedust:

When I was there at Xmas the entire right hand side was for the dining program folks. Get a dinner at Mama Melrose and get a seat reserved for you.

I'm wondering how EXACTLY it works, too. I know that there isn't a special separate entrance anymore. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea that there might be a HUGE line remaining at like 45 minutes before the show, and by the time we wait in that huge line they've opened the reserved seating area to the general public, thereby ruining the whole idea of the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Can anyone help me calm down about this???

I did this back in 2000 (a long time ago now!)
but it was worth it.....we did stand in line a bit....but not bad....and saw that show.

DO IT!

I did this back in 2000 (a long time ago now!)
but it was worth it.....we did stand in line a bit....but not bad....and saw that show.

DO IT!

Yes, we want to see the show ... the questions have to do with the recent change in the entrance for Fantasmic Dinner Package guests.

I made a booking for the Fantasmic package as well and I'm hoping it turns out well!

My reservation is very early, but my travel agent (who made the booking) said the earlier the better.

The package is supposed to have reserved seating but I never did ask abut an actual entrance. How can they tell the people apart? Once inside?

There is another Fantasmic thread where folks are saying that now there's only one entrance and that those with the package must enter with everyone else.

I'm sure someone who's been this year will chime in soon and confirm this for you.

When I was there at Xmas, it went like this. All guests walked up the same path, the main one beside the B and B show sign and such. At the apex of the hill when you reach the back of the seating area, there was CM's waving everyone to move down to the left to fill the next section for seating. To the right (far right is the dining reserved area) there were two CM's manning a rope that stretched to not allow folks past. On the rope hung signs that said reserved dining package only. Those with the package needed to see the CM to get let past. The "regular" guests are mostly all seated 45-1 hour before the show just to get in. The dining guests don't show up until 15-10 minutes before the show. Thus, it was not really a big mix-up.

So even if I arrive 15 minutes before the start of the show I am guarunteed a seat? (I have the dining package).

I hadn't heard about this change until this thread. We used that entrance by the stroller rentals back in Sept. If Disney continues to limit Fantasmic to only a couple of times a week, we'll have to get the Fantasmic package for our next trip. There is no way our 3-yr-old will sit for an hour waiting.

Do they still have the special entrance for Fantasmic if you have dining res? I heard they only have reserved seating and you still have to stand in line?

Thanks for the help...pixiedust:

I also want to ask same question as yours, still trying to figured it out.:rolleyes2

When I was there at Xmas, it went like this. All guests walked up the same path, the main one beside the B and B show sign and such. At the apex of the hill when you reach the back of the seating area, there was CM's waving everyone to move down to the left to fill the next section for seating. To the right (far right is the dining reserved area) there were two CM's manning a rope that stretched to not allow folks past. On the rope hung signs that said reserved dining package only. Those with the package needed to see the CM to get let past. The "regular" guests are mostly all seated 45-1 hour before the show just to get in. The dining guests don't show up until 15-10 minutes before the show. Thus, it was not really a big mix-up.

There have been reports of people showing up at 30 min and have not gotten in with the dining package. I would not wait until 10-15 minutes.

Denise in MI

Everyone does go in the same entrance. The dining package people stay to the right and there is a cast member there to check your tickets. Let me warn you what happened with us on the 12th. We had dining package with Mama Melrose's. We got to the theater at 6:15. They were announcing standing room only. We showed our tickets to the CM and they let us into the roped off area. The last section was empty so we picked somewhere right in the middle and sat down. Ten minutes later we were ambushed, surrounded, and taken over by hundreds of people (mostly tour groups) fighting for the seats around us. I wish I had a before/after picture. The nice family who sat behind us told us that as they were coming in with their dining package tickets the CMs were having a hard time controlling the line and preventing people from going under the ropes so they just dropped it. My DH and I wonder what happened to the people who came after us with dining packages. Were they given seats somewhere?? Now I am hoping this is something Disney is working out. I had posted this story on another thread and someone had a good point. the tour groups will be in DHS on mondays and thursdays if those are fantasmic nights making it busier. I still think it was worth the 45 minute wait but I wanted to serve a warning that you should get there early even with dining tickets. Good luck to you!!

Regarding if they'll hold you a seat (with the package) up to 10-15 minutes before....I wouldn't chance it.

Last year, before this change to having everyone enter the same way and cutting down to 2 shows a week, they would only guarantee the package seats up to 30 minutes before and then they reserved the right to open it up to the regular guests if the stadium was packed. They did not always do this but they have done it before. People have reported not getting a seat with the package when they entered at 15 minutes before (last year).

I've had waitresses tell me, when they gave me the package voucher, to enter the stadium around 45 minutes before but definitely not any later than 30 minutes before.

We'll see this year.

Everyone does go in the same entrance. The dining package people stay to the right and there is a cast member there to check your tickets. Let me warn you what happened with us on the 12th. We had dining package with Mama Melrose's. We got to the theater at 6:15. They were announcing standing room only. We showed our tickets to the CM and they let us into the roped off area. The last section was empty so we picked somewhere right in the middle and sat down. Ten minutes later we were ambushed, surrounded, and taken over by hundreds of people (mostly tour groups) fighting for the seats around us. I wish I had a before/after picture. The nice family who sat behind us told us that as they were coming in with their dining package tickets the CMs were having a hard time controlling the line and preventing people from going under the ropes so they just dropped it. My DH and I wonder what happened to the people who came after us with dining packages. Were they given seats somewhere?? Now I am hoping this is something Disney is working out. I had posted this story on another thread and someone had a good point. the tour groups will be in DHS on mondays and thursdays if those are fantasmic nights making it busier. I still think it was worth the 45 minute wait but I wanted to serve a warning that you should get there early even with dining tickets. Good luck to you!!

We were there on the 12th as well and experienced the same thing. We were worried about what would happen with the reduced schedule, so we arrived at 5:50pm despite having the dinner package seating. I would NOT risk waiting until 6:45pm while the schedule is reduced.

I also had the dining package on the 12th of Jan. We showed up 30 minutes before the show and there were no seats left. We ended up in standing room.
Yeah, the ticket they give you at the restaurant says to arrive 45 to 90 minutes early, but it seems to me that kinda defeats the purpose of the dinner package. I bought it so I wouldn't have to wait an hour with a 2 year old.

We were another couple there on the 12th and it was CRAZY!! Luckily we listened to the CM's advice out in front of the stadium and showed up early even with the dinner package. What she told us was, "At 6:15 they can open up the rest of the seats to general public if they need to." Well, sure enough at exactly 6:15 the flood gates were opened!! I swear that by 6:20 there was not a seat left.

Like someone else mentioned, because of the reduced days the tour groups were there in force! We counted 17 different flags outside after the show. So that also meant the park was VERY crowded. We didn't get there until around noon that day and expected Toy Story to be out of FP, but were pretty surprised to find that RnR was out too! Even The Great Movie Ride had almost an hour wait. :scared1:

Has anyone heard the reason why they closed down the special entrance. It only took one person to man that gate. It was a nice way to reward those who bought the package. I understand that they have the posted rights to do as they wish, but opening that section up 45 minutes before the show is tough.

I am hoping that buy June they will have added extra nights for the busy season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter