• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic & "Remember" Strategy Advice

DLRimagineer

Earning My Ears
So i have been contemplating this for a while now since i plan on buying the fantasmic dessert buffet thingie. I know the best place to watch remember is from the hub across from the castle and i know its almost impossible to get there after the first showing of fantasmic. So i figured, why not watch Remember from the hub (or somewhere nearby) and then watch the 2nd later showing (i believe 1030pm) showing of fantasmic afterwards. Does that make sense or am i missing something here. All opinions and advice are greatly appreciated. Also, will the service be the same for the dessert buffet for the 2nd showing...and will all the desserts be fresh and re-stocked (not trying to get anyways left overs). Thanks a million!! :cool1:

We did the 10:30 premium seating for Fantasmic last year. I don't know how you can see the fireworks from the Hub given what time you have to sign in. It may be different with the Balcony seating.

We were in the Hub for the fireworks and decided to try for another showing of F! on our last night. It took us 30 minutes to get from the Hub to a central viewing position (but we did get it!) CMs were also adamant that people should not try to swim upstream, but stay put at the Hub if you didn't want to exit the park. We chose to swim upstream, but it was a battle, one I'm not particularly proud of. :-)

We did it last August. Remember is about 20 minutes long and will finish at about 9:45. We made our way into Frontierland and got to the Fantasmic area at about 9:55 and got seats right in front center for a group of 6. It was a Tuesday night. You should be able to do it. But that was for regular seating. I do not know how soon you need to be there for reserved seating for the 10:30.

You may have to do some crowd management as it is hard to get over to Frontierland or Adventureland with all the people. If the hub was a clock and the castle at 12:00, we saw Remember at about 7:30. So we had to fight our way up to about 9:00 to get out towards Frontierland. This took a couple minutes.

When we were there last Nov we did not see Remember, but were near the hub during the show and they had setup a one-way counter-clockwise traffic pattern around the hub. I am not sure if this dissolves after Remember or not.

DLRimagineer said:
So i have been contemplating this for a while now since i plan on buying the fantasmic dessert buffet thingie.

Oooooh, okay, do tell - what exactly is the "Fantasmic dessert buffet thingie?" :banana: Sounds wonderful!

Love the pic of the two gorgeous women dressed in black with Mickey... but, come on! HOW do you look like that at DL? I swear, I was covered in every food item my kids had each day, and part of my husbands, too! Ragged, worn out, messy and quite possibly stinky, too... now I feel bad. :(

Thanks for all the great information provided guys. I just figured that, since i will have my balcony seating booked (based upon the fact seats are assigned by the order of your reservation over the phone), i can just show up about 10 mins before fantasmic starts, take my already assigned seats and enjoy the show over a lot of sweets :banana: But, if things have changed with the way they assign seats for the balcony and i'd have to check in much earlier to get good seats, then my whole plan is shot :sad2: So please correct me if i'm wrong about the way they reserve seats for the balcony viewing of fantasmic.
Plan B is to see the early showing of fantasmic and then just stay there for the fireworks....but i wanna see the full effect of the "remember" show and see it dead center from the hub. Oh well, we'll see what we can do :wave:

being-dragged-to-DL said:
Love the pic of the two gorgeous women dressed in black with Mickey... but, come on! HOW do you look like that at DL? I swear, I was covered in every food item my kids had each day, and part of my husbands, too! Ragged, worn out, messy and quite possibly stinky, too... now I feel bad. :(
Looks like a pic from a Disney Cruise, one of the formal dinner nights. I could be wrong though ;)

Thanks for all the great information provided guys. I just figured that, since i will have my balcony seating booked (based upon the fact seats are assigned by the order of your reservation over the phone), i can just show up about 10 mins before fantasmic starts, take my already assigned seats and enjoy the show

You don't have assigned seats like you to for a Broadway show (for example). It's been awhile since I went (I've done this 2x), but I know I was not told to "sit here." Anyone been more recently to answer this question?

They do still seat you in the order that you purchased tickets. They do recommend that you check in 30 min prior to the show beginning. IMHO, I would not risk not being able to get to my expensive seats to watch the fireworks. Could possibly watch the fireworks on another night?

being-dragged-to-DL said:

First, thank you for the nice compliment - the picture is of me and my daughter with Mickey!

Second, this was taken on the Disney Cruise so we were dressed for dinner. :)

Trust me, I would never go to Disneyland dressed like that (nor would we look that way after a whole day there)!

Although, I have seen lots of women and girls in heels at Disneyland and shake my head in disbelief. :sad2:

ADisneyPrincess said:
This link explains the buffet. It's pretty spendy, but a nice splurge if you can afford it. My friend and I did it a few years ago and I loved not having to fight for a spot to watch Fantasmic! and having a chair to sit on.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=547

Thank you so much for the link! I'm going to have to give this a try, it sounds great. My daughter and I have been planning to run down to Disneyland sometime soon but we keep waiting until the weather gets a little cooler (which doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon!).

Again, thank you!!!

DLRimagineer said:
Thanks for all the great information provided guys. I just figured that, since i will have my balcony seating booked (based upon the fact seats are assigned by the order of your reservation over the phone), i can just show up about 10 mins before fantasmic starts, take my already assigned seats and enjoy the show over a lot of sweets :banana: But, if things have changed with the way they assign seats for the balcony and i'd have to check in much earlier to get good seats, then my whole plan is shot :sad2: So please correct me if i'm wrong about the way they reserve seats for the balcony viewing of fantasmic.
Plan B is to see the early showing of fantasmic and then just stay there for the fireworks....but i wanna see the full effect of the "remember" show and see it dead center from the hub. Oh well, we'll see what we can do :wave:

If you're doing the balcony seating for Fantasmic they seat you in the order of ticket purchase so you'll be fine watching the fireworks prior to going to the late Fantasmic. We did the same thing on July 18th (Tues). I would advise watching the fireworks from the hub near the entrance to Adventure Land or Frontier Land as the crowds are pretty tough to get through when it's done.

Have fun!

DLRimagineer said:
Hey, is your daughter single? :smooth: Single 26 yr old medical student here if she'd interested....lolol...

LOL, she's very single (and very sweet, too!). She's 21 and is a student too (Business and Marketing)!

What school do you go to? She's at Santa Monica and UCLA.

we were there last august, and they do seat you in order of ticket purchase (apparently my vigilance paid off...dh and I were seated first!). Honestly, there is so much to look at and enjoy/appreciate in the gallery before heading out onto the balcony, I would hate to miss it just to see the fireworks from the hub. jmho of course. we went to the earlier show and watched the fireworks from the balcony...it was just amazing. are you there for more than one night? can you possibly do the fireworks from the hub another night?

whatever you choose, enjoy, and bring your appetite. the desserts are amazing!

Thanks to everyone for all the great information and advice. I think i def have a better plan of attacking this wonderful world we call Disney :thumbsup2

I'm also actually not from California Rena....i'm over on the east coast at the Big Apple. I visit Los Angeles very often however because i have family there. If your daughter is interested in a 5'11'' 190lbs half spanish half italian medical student with very light brown eyes and light tan complexion let me know lololol (sorry cant post any pics here or i would). Oh and I am a Big Disney fan too if it counts :wizard:

DLRimagineer said:
Thanks to everyone for all the great information and advice. I think i def have a better plan of attacking this wonderful world we call Disney :thumbsup2

I'm also actually not from California Rena....i'm over on the east coast at the Big Apple. I visit Los Angeles very often however because i have family there. If your daughter is interested in a 5'11'' 190lbs half spanish half italian medical student with very light brown eyes and light tan complexion let me know lololol (sorry cant post any pics here or i would). Oh and I am a Big Disney fan too if it counts :wizard:

I called Breezy (my daughter) this afternoon at her job and told her about you ;) and said that you were a medical student but her one reaction was -

"HE LIKES DISNEY!?"

She certainly has her priorities straight! :teeth:

We were in New York last summer (and then traveled through 11 other states) and we fell in love with NY. Breezy would love to live there but her main goal is to one day work at Disney Studios and it is just down the street from us. That may make moving out of the question - not to mention the fact that she is a complete Southern California girl and would probably not survive her first winter back there.

Let us know when you come out again and maybe we can show you around (and maybe take you to Disneyland!). :) :rotfl:

I read another thread that said Fantasmic doesn't run during the Christmas holiday - is this true? We're there Dec. 13 - 16 and was hoping to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter